Disney movie coupons - anyone else disappointed too?

iluveeyore

DIS Veteran
I used to print off $10 off coupons, then $8 off, now it's $5 off of the most expensive set with the 3D movie ($29.99) - useless to print off as no one we know has a 3D tv, so just end up getting the blu ray/dvd combo for $20 on release day if I can with no coupon. Anyone else agree that prices go up and our deals don't go with them? Sigh, I still buy them anywhooo - I guess Disney knows that!

I agree...all the discounts go down, but the prices stay the same or go up. I was able to get $10 off by combining my printed coupon with my Target one...but I still would have loved to have a $10 printable with a $5 Target one! I went ahead and got the 4 disc set even though we dont have a blue ray or 3D TV. It was cheaper to do that with my 2 coupons (I paid $14.99) than to get the regular dvd. I will just save the blue ray one like I have done on all the other movies. One day Im sure we will have a blue ray player....the 3D TV...now thats something I have no intrest in!

Was Bambi $8 off? I can't remember.

I wonder if just the new releases will be $5 off and the ones that come out of the vault will be $8 or $10 off.

I guess we'll see with Dumbo.

Just FYI-- Yesterday my Target accepted the $5 Disney coupon for the $19.99 2-disc BluRay pack. :thumbsup2

There are also rebates from Success rice and Cost Cutters salon.

I was disappointed the coupon was only $5 too, but $15 isn't a bad price (down to $10 or even $5 if I can do both rebates!)

Just FYI-- Yesterday my Target accepted the $5 Disney coupon for the $19.99 2-disc BluRay pack. :thumbsup2

There are also rebates from Success rice and Cost Cutters salon.

I was disappointed the coupon was only $5 too, but $15 isn't a bad price (down to $10 or even $5 if I can do both rebates!)

Mine didn't so it must depend on store/cashier. Glad you saved more money!! :)

Mine didn't so it must depend on store/cashier. Glad you saved more money!! :)

I was all set to plead my case, because they were out of the 3D version anyway. But she just scanned it, and it took the $5 off, without a word. :) Sorry you couldn't get the same deal!

I was all set to plead my case, because they were out of the 3D version anyway. But she just scanned it, and it took the $5 off, without a word. :) Sorry you couldn't get the same deal!

I also bought the 2 disc bluray at target and she just scanned my coupon and it took off $5.00

I pre-ordered online to get the $20 coupon off my next purchase. For me that was the better deal since there were some other things I wanted to order.

Disappointed? Maybe. Upset by it at all? Nah. Really DVDs and movies are one of the few things that have *not* gone up in price in recent years. I remember buying my first DVD a decade ago... and it was $19.99. That combined with the fact that I figure the people who create these wonderful movies are entitled to earn a profit from their creations. If Disney gives us a coupon, that's awesome! If not, it's not something to get upset over. After all, we can't get every movie for $7.99 :goodvibes

I'm still getting the 3D version becasue that one comes with the digital download.

Denise in MI

I was disappointed as well. But I was luckily enough to find a printable version of the Target $5 off coupon online so I got the 4 pack for $14.99 with the DMR coupon. And I was happy to know that the code for the 4 pack on the DMR website was worth 200 points! So yes, it sucks that Disney only gave $5 off but the extra points made up for it. Hopefully this was just a test and the next movie will be $10 off again.

How spoiled is everyone that we're mad that Disney is only giving us $5 for free instead of $10 for free...

Any they are all cheaper during release week, so that $30 4-pack is only $25 minus the coupon = $20 for four viewing options. That's $5 each. Would you happily pay $5 for a movie? Sure. So sell the 3D BD if you don't want the 3d player. People do it all the time. And the digital download is at least $5 or more through iTunes or elsewhere, so that $20 after coupon is still a pretty good deal.

How dare they expect we pay full price for anything. Shame.

My Target would not take the $5 coupon on the blu ray combo pack, just the 4 disc set. So I got the combo pack - they are really a good deal for us even without a coupon. We have a blu ray player at our house so my husband and I keep that copy. My daughter is at college and has a DVD player so she keeps the DVD copy. So it worked out to be only $10 each!

The $10 coupons were nice but if they aren't there, I'll still be buying some of the movies. I may pass on Tron:Legacy although my daughter wants it. The coupon is $5 off the 4 disc pack or the 5 Disc two movie pack. She doesn't have either of the movies so I may see what the pricing is on the two movie pack.

How spoiled is everyone that we're mad that Disney is only giving us $5 for free instead of $10 for free...

Any they are all cheaper during release week, so that $30 4-pack is only $25 minus the coupon = $20 for four viewing options. That's $5 each. Would you happily pay $5 for a movie? Sure. So sell the 3D BD if you don't want the 3d player. People do it all the time. And the digital download is at least $5 or more through iTunes or elsewhere, so that $20 after coupon is still a pretty good deal.

How dare they expect we pay full price for anything. Shame.

Didn't mean to offend anyone!:goodvibes Just saying that we used to get better deals - I guess I'll stop seeing movies at the theater and just wait for the release to blu-ray. That would make the $20-25 fine to pay since I buy them anyhow (I love all my Disney movies!), and I wouldn't have to spend $32 for four of us to see it in the theater.
And from now on I'm only posting happy thoughts, because every time someone has a negative opinion or shares an unhappy thought, they get judged harshly on here! :hug: I'm all about optimism from now on - besides, we go to WDW every year, I own DVC, so Disney always gets money from me! And that is not a complaint - I live for our Disney trips and enjoy every minute of them!
Have a nice weekend DIS friends!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter