Disney modifying/canceling reservation possibility (BCV in Sep)?

snowFairy

Earning My Ears
I booked a two bedroom in BCV for early September, before BCV all became unavailable for the entire month of Sep and parts of Oct. No idea what's happening in those 6 weeks. I'm wondering if I should book somewhere else. Has DVC ever canceled/modified reservations before? Or should I assume I'll have a place to stay since I have a confirmed booking?

Best theory I have heard is that they pulled the BCV rooms in order to have a place to move people during the BWV refurb (perhaps they overbooked BWV or the schedule changed or who knows).

We know the refurb is taking place at BCV now as there are pictures circulating.

That said....yes, DVC has moved people plenty of times if their room is not available. They will not flat out cancel your stay though. I would hang onto BCV if that is where you want to be.

If you have a confirmed booking, you will have a room. Worst case scenario they make ask to move you, but most likely it will be to the resort side or to Yacht. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Oh great. Thanks! That’s a great theory, would explain the simultaneous disappearance of rooms for both DVCs. I really would like a room with laundry and full kitchen. Hopefully they will keep me in the same category if they had to move. How soon would I know if the reservation is moved?

Oh great. Thanks! That’s a great theory, would explain the simultaneous disappearance of rooms for both DVCs. I really would like a room with laundry and full kitchen. Hopefully they will keep me in the same category if they had to move. How soon would I know if the reservation is moved?
I wouldn't expect to hear about a move until much close if that was the case. But honestly I think you are fine and won't be moved. Even if the refurb at BCV is delayed/postponed, many people still had reservations in that Jan-April window and were not moved as they did floor by floor . Best of luck.

Since Bwv bw view inventory is gone from September to November, and possibly the garden view rooms in the same hallway as bw view rooms, the inventory at bw will be impacted. If bcv folks get moved, it will be to another resort, or possibly a choice of resorts. Good luck. Btw, in April I was booked at bcv in a one bedroom and was called and told me they did not have a room for me and moved me to Bwv. But after negotiations, we were giving access to SAB.

Since Bwv bw view inventory is gone from September to November, and possibly the garden view rooms in the same hallway as bw view rooms, the inventory at bw will be impacted. If bcv folks get moved, it will be to another resort, or possibly a choice of resorts. Good luck. Btw, in April I was booked at bcv in a one bedroom and was called and told me they did not have a room for me and moved me to Bwv. But after negotiations, we were giving access to SAB.
Thanks for sharing your experience, which reminds me, yes we will need access to SAB! How soon/late were you notified? The day of check in or a few days before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter