Disney Magic Kingdoms

Can someone please explain the parades to me. They cost more then what I get back. Are they even worth it???

It depends on where you are in the game, but yes. I would advise running only 2 floats at a time, using the float dropping the tokens you currently need the most mixed with either a 2nd token dropping float or one of the cheapest floats. I find doing this maximizes the most tokens/magic/gem return possible. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not, but overall it is worth it.
If you are still playing the main storyline and welcoming characters outside of this event, magic may be in short supply until sometime around after you have welcome the Tangled characters. When you get to that point in the game, you will be spending less magic on opening lands, getting attractions, and leveling characters, so the magic will finally start to build up and sit and wait for you, so the parades become an easy way to get tokens/gems since the magic is no longer in demand in the game.

It depends on where you are in the game, but yes. I would advise running only 2 floats at a time, using the float dropping the tokens you currently need the most mixed with either a 2nd token dropping float or one of the cheapest floats. I find doing this maximizes the most tokens/magic/gem return possible. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not, but overall it is worth it.
If you are still playing the main storyline and welcoming characters outside of this event, magic may be in short supply until sometime around after you have welcome the Tangled characters. When you get to that point in the game, you will be spending less magic on opening lands, getting attractions, and leveling characters, so the magic will finally start to build up and sit and wait for you, so the parades become an easy way to get tokens/gems since the magic is no longer in demand in the game.

Thank you. This is an incredibly helpful post, and I want to say how much I appreciate the detail of this explanation. As a new player, there are so many little things to consider and little decisions here and there to make, so this really helps to begin to clear things up. I'm struggling for magic and gems, but I've only advanced to fighting Zurg so far. Now I don't have to worry about needing more parade spots and can focus on the Mulan event and advancing the main storyline. Thank you again.

I will have the training camp in about half an hour, and I'm very close to Minnie's costume. Her lunar costume is way less painful than the holiday one was! I switched Mickey back to lunar since Elizabeth can finish out the last cloth piece.

I will have the training camp in about half an hour, and I'm very close to Minnie's costume. Her lunar costume is way less painful than the holiday one was! I switched Mickey back to lunar since Elizabeth can finish out the last cloth piece.
No rush on Minnie. So far she hasn't done a darn thing for me. Hopefully she will help with Mulan at some point. Otherwise, this whole thing would be pointless. Kinda of like her Christmas attire was until the very end.

I got excited for a minute. The magician came in to tell me to welcome mulan. Then I clicked it and still have to wait 14 hours

I got excited for a minute. The magician came in to tell me to welcome mulan. Then I clicked it and still have to wait 14 hours

THIS. I was worried I wouldn't finish the event in time, but now the timer's working against me... :rotfl:

Finally got Splash Mountain. I quit if they stick another chest only attraction in a platinum chest. But I'm happy to finally have every attraction. Speaking of attractions, I just looked at my park and I don't believe those saying there's still plenty of room. I have every piece of land and if I remove all my concessions and a lot of decorations I might be able to fit 3 more small attractions. I wouldn't exactly call that a lot of space.

To the user that is having problems with happiness dropping too fast, I had that issue. For me it is connected to whether or not I'm online. If i go back and forth between logging on offline and online, i could easily lose 100 happiness points. So now I play less as I can only play online or I lose too much progress. Customer service ignored the issue when I brought it to them.
when you say you have every piece of land do you mean even ALL of tomorrow land and ALL of fantasy land? because i've been playing this game since it came out and have completed every quest but i still have 5 locked land slots

Are there any character level or other requirements to unlock Minnie? I have Zurg defeated, fantasy land opened, and Mickey to level 10. Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
Had some free time today and reworked my layout again. I have every attraction except Splash Mountain (grrrrr) and was pleasantly surprised to be able to fit in everything, and still have enough room for Mulan attractions and more. You guys were right. It takes a little work...but there is room for everything. Thanks again for the tips and screenshots.

Are there any character level or other requirements to unlock Minnie? I have Zurg defeated, fantasy land opened, and Mickey to level 10. Am I missing anything?

Here's a link to the Main Storyline walkthrough on the wiki. Minnie is welcomed at the beginning of what they're calling Act III, so you might check and see if you've missed anything from Act II. If you don't want to look at what might be spoilers for you, just keep leveling all your characters and doing all their quests, and Minnie will eventually pop up. http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Storyline_Walkthrough

I have an offer to purchase chests at 50% off. It's 200 gems for 11 Premium Chests. Of the 10 items, I would be happen with 5 attractions and the Donald Hats would be alright too. I currently have 1600 gems. Thoughts? Is it worth purchasing in the hope of getting 2-3 attractions?

Should I send Li Shang out on the 6hour yellow task (Keep in Shape)? I seem to recall being counseled to do yellow tasks after the event but I'd like to confirm.

Thanks.

Should I send Li Shang out on the 6hour yellow task (Keep in Shape)? I seem to recall being counseled to do yellow tasks after the event but I'd like to confirm.

Thanks.

Yellow tasks don't have any effect on the event storyline, so they tie up your characters for no progress. The red ones are the ones that move the event storyline along :) So if you want to send a character on something overnight and they're not useful for anything else, then you can, but otherwise I would leave the yellow ones till after. I've even still got one Anna/Kristoff yellow quest from the Frozen event, because I'm still using them to collect tokens!

I have an offer to purchase chests at 50% off. It's 200 gems for 11 Premium Chests. Of the 10 items, I would be happen with 5 attractions and the Donald Hats would be alright too. I currently have 1600 gems. Thoughts? Is it worth purchasing in the hope of getting 2-3 attractions?
There's no way to predict how it will turn out, of course, but if I had as many gems as you do and needed/wanted as many things from the chests, I think I'd go for it. :)

Last edited:
I am slowly sending characters to fight Zurg (really just Rex, since he doesn't drop anything for this event). That being said, how long after he's defeated am I am able to welcome Minnie? I'd love to get her lunar costume, but not at the expense of not completing this event. So what I'm trying to figure out is, is it worth it to send more characters to fight Zurg to defeat him sooner? Or is Minnie out of reach for me during this event?

Not only do you have to defeat zurg, but you then have to collect all the tokens required to welcome minnie, then get the tokens for her outfit, which for me took about 3-4 days. I think her outfit is going to be out of reach for you during this event. Work on the characters instead and gather as much event currency. Previously for every 2,000 coins you would get 1 gem, capped at 40 gems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter