• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Tasha posted this about an hour ago on YouTube...

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. The other thing they could probably do is change the type of tokens. What I mean is that most of the recent characters have tokens that are Epic or Legendary. Which adding to the topic from the video, has made the drops rates be horrific. They have proven that they can make tokens be Common, Uncommon or even Rare. For example, I have just sent Bo-Katan out to level up to 9. I am still collecting for Mirabel to get to Level 7. Granted I have focused some of my token drops to other Encanto characters. Whether or not they can easily (or quickly) implement a happiness change, they have other ways that they could improve the token issue(s).

The real issue is when you put together the following token changes: requiring the number of tokens that were increased for character two, three or even four time more then it was in the beginning, reduced the happiness pay back that increased tokens and all the other ways they have worked to slow down collection of tokens, we have to work forever to get characters to 10 now. I don’t know how newer players manage now!

does anyone else have charming & cinderella task that is able to collect the ears for sadness, but it's not an event task so you can't collect currency?

Yes. This is beyond annoying because it is not at the top of the task list for prince charming.

does anyone else have charming & cinderella task that is able to collect the ears for sadness, but it's not an event task so you can't collect currency?

Yes. This is beyond annoying because it is not at the top of the task list for prince charming.
All those idiot Gameloft interns needed to do was like it to the event credit stuff and it would show at the top. No idea why those dumb@sses continually make these dumb@ss moves.

Oh, and can I mention how I've needed two father deer ear hats for exactly one week now and they're 97 gems each? Ridiculous.

Tasha posted this about an hour ago on YouTube...

Whatever. They can affect the drop rates more easily than they are trying to lead us to believe. They just have long time players that are gaining on the game and have to find ways to stretch it out.

Whatever. They can affect the drop rates more easily than they are trying to lead us to believe. They just have long time players that are gaining on the game and have to find ways to stretch it out.
I've been beating the "artificially slowing the game down" drum forever. Welcome to the dark side. That video was a 100% waste of time. Firat, way to read what someone else wrote for you and then give it the least natural delivery possible. Second, stop trying to pretend that the old happiness nonsense had a damn but to do with drop rates. Then can fix the rate without having to change the game. Lies all the way around. Trouble is, folks are too dumb or ignorant to see through the BS.

Last edited:
I've been beating the "artificially slowing the game down" drum forever. Welcome to the dark side. That video was a 100% waste of time. Firat, way to read what someone else wrote for you and then give it the least natural delivery possible. Second, stop trying to pretend that the old happiness nonsense had a damn but to do with drop rates. Then can fix the rate without having to change the game. Lies all the way around. Trouble is, folks are too dumb or ignorant to see through the BS.
It's been noticeable for a long time, but I am working on only a handful of characters at this point and I get an empty much more often than I get a token these days. It's quite annoying. When they spoke in the video of planning out 3 years ahead, I had a really hard time imagining that I will still be doing this in that amount of time. I have been playing since almost the beginning (I think I started right before the Beauty and the Beast event), but the grind has gotten pathetic this past year. I know they are going to run out of movies (at least movies that anyone has heard of), but artificially stretching it out is just going to aggravate us even more. We need a sense of accomplishment more often to feel like it is worth checking in and watching all of their stupid ads.

So...after the long weekend, Anger is at 3, Sadness at 5 and Fear at 2. Fear is off doing an 8 hour task right now. I haven't gotten to the Emotional Whirlwind task yet...my guess is that will happen sometime today.
Bumped up into tier 129 for the season, too.

I've been beating the "artificially slowing the game down" drum forever.

Ditto. I understand why they do it, but that doesn't mean I have to like or support it. And I will complain about it every time it happens. :)

So...after the long weekend, Anger is at 3, Sadness at 5 and Fear at 2. Fear is off doing an 8 hour task right now. I haven't gotten to the Emotional Whirlwind task yet...my guess is that will happen sometime today.
I think it unlocked right after that, so you're not far off now

I think it unlocked right after that, so you're not far off now
Yup, it was! It got built, first tasks done and Fear and Sadness are finishing up their combined task. I should be hitting the Disgust wall pretty soon.

All my weeklies are done, so I'm focusing on tokens and event currency...slow and steady progress.

This has to be one of the trashiest updates I've seen to date...constant "Looks like you've been playing offline" which also causes the timers to be completely out of whack. What a mess...

This has to be one of the trashiest updates I've seen to date...constant "Looks like you've been playing offline" which also causes the timers to be completely out of whack. What a mess...
Not only do I keep getting an option to switch between whatever the hell two 'save' options there are, but I've had way too many issues with the game freezing progress, then when I close down and restart, the tasks had never started and I'm back at the beginning. I honestly don't get why there is always some nonsense with the game with each new update. You'd think that there would be certain aspects of the code that they don't need to touch. But, without fail, the crop of interns Gameloft takes on for the summer is always the worse. Always. Idoiots.

I try to go in with an open mind every update...but there's always that nag in the back of my brain which says "wonder what will go wrong this time." Sometimes I'm surprised and nothing is wrong...other times, I just laugh when something happens.

I saw a notification that Bruno had finished some task. When I opened the app, the task didn't show complete. I force closed the app and restarted. Got the which save data did you want to use question when loading the game. I selected the save that had the higher values and most game progression (local). When everything loaded all was working fine. This situation has happened at least 3 times over the past week. But I really haven't lost anything since I always have it load the save that has the most progression.

For what it's worth, there is an update on iOS today. I don't know what it's for, but my best guess is the playing offline issue.

I had close to 1,000 gems last night and decided to buy 6 Attraction Enchantment Chests, hoping to get to the one last available attraction I didn't have (Mad Tea Party). I ended up getting it and a bunch of relics/blueprints, so I was a happy boy.

I did a lot of enchanting last night just to get rid of the purple markers all around the kingdom. These enchantments won't help in dropping tokens since I don't need those tokens, but, ya know. It'll help with thrill zones in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter