Disney Magic Kingdoms

Dont be your usual Scrooge and fire them right before Christmas! I know they’ll eventually need to be fired, because competence can’t be tolerated at GameLoft, but wait until the holidays are over.
But the paperwork has already been drawn up. Just waiting for the office to open in the AM so that I can get everything turned in to HR.

I downloaded the update earlier today and was surprised to see that R2 was 300 gems. I thought for sure they’d make him 500-600. I don’t like using my gems on permanent content characters, but I couldn’t pass on R2 for 300.

Also really like the fact that the Visiting home page now shows what item a character collects instead of the generic icon it use to show. Not sure how useful it is, but I also like the the screen also shows how many characters you have home and in the kingdom!
It's useful for me. During the last event, some characters had quests for event currency and joint quests with non-Event currency characters. As an example, I could leave Daisy Duck at home so I could farm the event currency with Mickey. Party way through the event, I would level up a random character, and I needed to check home to see which characters could now collect tokens again. I would first have to empty all the characters back into the park, then rehome those I didn't want to use. Being able to see what they collect is useful for the forgetful.

Event is live - first character to earn, as they mentioned is Finn. The first premium character available is the Storm Trooper which is 200 gems

Characters that earn EC:
- tapping porgs
- Goofy
- Ham
- Jessie
- Mickey
- Sarge
- Bo Peep
- Prince Charming (Cinderella's)
- Tinkerbell
- Woody
- Buzz
- Cinderella (can't be in her comfy outfit)

It's useful for me. During the last event, some characters had quests for event currency and joint quests with non-Event currency characters. As an example, I could leave Daisy Duck at home so I could farm the event currency with Mickey. Party way through the event, I would level up a random character, and I needed to check home to see which characters could now collect tokens again. I would first have to empty all the characters back into the park, then rehome those I didn't want to use. Being able to see what they collect is useful for the forgetful.

Sorry about that, just reread my post and see how you read it the way you did. Completely agree with you about the actually item a character collects as being useful, I feel the same way. It was the Number of characters (home, Kindgdom) manager that I liked, but wasn’t sure how useful it was.

27 days, cripe that is long.

Yep, and not off to a good start for me. My day of being really happy with what the interns changes sadly lasted only a day. :rotfl: While I realized the R2-D2 and C-3PO permanent content, I’m really surprised the they don’t not appear to help with the event Star Wars characters? If I had realized that I woulda waited on buying R2 and I kept my gems for the stormtrooper. Now I’m 47 gems I’m short for the StormTrooper. Also wasn’t able to play until a few minutes ago and the game didn’t start the event for me, until after I sent all my characters out on jobs. When I got to my free bronze chest, it was grayed out, I had to restart the game and then the event started for me. Because of that I already sent the characters who collect for Finn our on a 4 hour 3PO job. Not a big deal but its set me back 4 hours. 🤷‍♂️

To end it on a positive note I was able to start welcoming C-3PO this morning. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

Did the Star Wars Land area show up when the event started or for update? I’m sure it was for the update, which I downloaded yesterday, but I didn’t see it until this morning. While I’m happy that they gave us new land, but not sure how it was possible with the memory requirements 😉, they couldn’t have placed it at a worse spot for me. My muscles/thumb/finger memory has always scrolled down to the bottom corner of the game and then moveleft to get to Merlin. Now the new land screws that up for me. :rotfl:

Got R2 & FO Trooper. Pretty confident this event will wipe out my gem horde.
After getting R2-D2 yesterday, I’m just under 50 short for the StormTrooper. Just watched Frozen 2 Tuesday night and now kinda regretting buying the Fire Spirit, but thought we’d had more time between events. All 3 of the event characters, but especially Honeymaren, were minor characters at best and didn’t warrant being a game character.

Have R2D2 and C3PO both at level 2. But as @mikegood2 so wisely pointed out, neither helps with the update. Bought the nameless faceless stormtrooper and now I'm kicking myself. Want to welcome Finn before I start trying for the trooper helmets (at least Woody's task for them is only 2 hours long). And with the single vest in stock, I just need the ear hats to get Finn into my game.

Have R2D2 and C3PO both at level 2. But as @mikegood2 so wisely pointed out, neither helps with the update. Bought the nameless faceless stormtrooper and now I'm kicking myself. Want to welcome Finn before I start trying for the trooper helmets (at least Woody's task for them is only 2 hours long). And with the single vest in stock, I just need the ear hats to get Finn into my game.

Please tell me you didn’t turn in the termination paperwork fore the new batch of interns? Yesterday was just a false alarm that the current batch is competent. Today obviously shows that they are just as incompetent as every other batch from the past.

Yeah, the conflicting items thing is REALLY getting annoying. As is, it’s already way to tough to collect Coco items and now some of those same characters are also used for Star Wars! Also the ONE time I actually want the game to give me the common item and not the uncommon, it doesn’t. Now I have to wait 4 more hours to try getting Finns ear hat! 🤬

OK. Finn only takes 6 minutes to welcome. After taking C-3PO to level two and completing this second task, we are able to clear the curse and open up a new plot of land in the newly added Star Wars land. Only takes 2,500 magic to open (I guess the interns had to keep it low so that new players would not be locked out of completing the event, especially if anything is going to take place in this new area). The bad (?) news is that it takes 12 hours to clear the curse. Guess I'll see what happens when I wake up to come to the office at 5am.

Finn's first task is 2 hours to find the droids. I imagine we'll need to have him at 2 before the next character becomes available tomorrow.

Last edited:
I’m not really into Star Wars, but I won’t be leaving this game until it folds. I can’t make it to the parks — much as I’d like to — so this is my substitute.

I discovered the new land by surprise looking for a chest, and audibly said “woah”!
Weird place for it, outside the gates.

I‘m starting to lose track of characters needing updating. I’d put the Frozen hinterlanders away, they were all ready to graduate...then I saw the lizard guy under the sun symbol, it’s like oh hey, I forgot all about you!!

24 hours to clear the curse around the AT-AT. No wonder this event is 27 days long. With the mediocre reviews the new film is receiving, I wonder which of the two ends first, this event or the film's run in theaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter