Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, I may be kind of behind with this event, since I didn't get Stitch and I haven't really had much luck focusing on the Pirates characters either :/ Hoping we will get internet quickly after this move so I can at least keep up a bit!

In all the events I’ve played that had helper characters, I don’t recall them ever needing to be higher than level 6 to do tasks for event currency/character tokens. Once I needed to get Carpet to level 6 because I only had it at level 5. Most of my event characters are under level 7 and I’ve never struggled during an event that featured helper characters. I really do need to work on levelling characters tho, I’m way behind.
And I recall almost every one of them needing at least one at 10. I had to level up Hans and Olaf I think. One of the Mulan characters, and a Beauty and the beast character. Maybe not in the few most recent ones, but definitely in a lot of them one of the characters could only get tokens at 10 and I’ve spent the first day levelling them up before the welcoming the new character, or right after

Out of curiosity, to those who have their parks grouped by movie/theme, where do you have Tinkerbell's house? Do you have it in with Peter Pan or the Princess/fairy buildings? And, when TLM begins, are you going to add Jumpin' Jellyfish to those attractions?
Tink is with the other fairies and I feel like jumpin' jellyfish is more for finding nemo so it wiil stay randomly placed in tomorrowland!

I think for the entire event, provided they don't assist with LM tokens. I think I'll just continually send all the BH6 crew out for microbots. 26 days worth of collecting the same token should make me enough to level up maybe a few BH6 people by the time LM is over
I feel like that is all I do with those characters. Including Tink , of course. Everytime time I tap the castle by accident, I think of @mikegood 2 and his excitement of going thru an entire day of not missing her. I have yet to experience that joy.

Tink is with the other fairies and I feel like jumpin' jellyfish is more for finding nemo so it wiil stay randomly placed in tomorrowland!
Hi Immatooki!!! Maybe Jumpin' Jellyfish would be a good attraction to place between those two once Nemo joins our kingdoms. How have you been? I think the last I read you were taking a test. Everything going well in the world of dentistry?

I think for the entire event, provided they don't assist with LM tokens. I think I'll just continually send all the BH6 crew out for microbots. 26 days worth of collecting the same token should make me enough to level up maybe a few BH6 people by the time LM is over
I'm still holding out hope that the release notes will rebalance some of the tasks for microbots to 6 minutes.

I didn't open the game once during the Big Hero 6 event, so I'm incredibly excited this next event is for my favorite movie! I've already rearranged my whole park to make room, and have about one and a half lots of land free - could get another one open if I need it. I'm putting Jumpin' Jellyfish with Little Mermaid rides, since "Jumpin' Jellyfish" is a line from the movie and the ride itself is from the Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo DisneySea. As for Tinker Bell's house, I used to have it as kind of the "segway" between Princess and Peter Pan sections, but now it's the center of Peter Pan stuff.

Last edited:
If you introduce 4 new buildings per event, then put out 1 piece of land per event to display them so people don't have to redo their dream park every single event just so the "right" buildings are out to drop tokens or trophies.

This becomes a big problem the further into the game you get. Yes, you may have to put away the incredibles set to make room for the new sets, but then you run the risk of not having certain tasks available when those characters can collect event currency for future events. (example clearing away lilo and stitch building to make room, except you need those characters/buildings for currency for little mermaid). On top of that, you have to keep out certain trophy attractions and it gets time consuming and annoying to have to pack away buildings every event to make room for the new ones when the easy and obvious solution is to just drop 1 piece of land for each new event and be done with it. I don't see how that's a very hard thing for them to do or at least address since it is one of the regular negative comments posted. Everyone posted positively for the last land update and yet, here comes a new event where we are back to being behind in land space again. The seems like a legitimate issue for people to rant about.
First world problems. I still don't get people's concern over anally building their park they way they feel that it should. I don't really focus on layout or where buildings are when I play. I open it, set up characters for four hour tasks, and leave the game for four hours. I don't care if a Snow White building is in Frontierland or Tomorrowland. Which is good because apparently Gameloft doesn't much care about that, either. Otherwise it would impact gameplay.

As for putting away buildings that drop tokens, we can pick and choose what to put away or take back out. Right now, we can comfortably put away all attractions for Snow White, Zootopia, Incredibles, and Tangled. That now opens up a sizeable chunk of anyone's park. Then for the next event if they don't add land, but say, Zootopia becomes relevant again, we put away Lilo and Stitch instead. There is a bit of an element of strategy to this game, yet we complain when it's time to strategize.

In the end, honestly folks if every single building of a pointless app on your phone aren't out, but your parents are both healthy and you are employed and have a roof over your head, clean running water at home, and your dog wasn't hit by a bus, then on the list of life's priorities, "Waaah, I can't fit out all of my buildings" is pretty damn low down on your list of life's concerns, no?

Have to say I was initially skeptical about adding LM, but after watching the live stream replay, I’m actually really excited for this event! Especially because we can have mermaid Ariel or human Ariel! Big upswing from BH6

As far as regular gameplay goes, I am 22 lockets shy of Tia, painfully slow with only 2 available characters. Contemplating buying some platinum chests because I really want Davy Jones to also help with the above and PotC is my FAVE!

Somehow yesterday my parade of 4 floats magically dropped 15 gems and I about fell over.

Lastly, I’m thinking of having a post-Labor Day clearance sale of all decorations to Merlin so I can get Davy’s organ. Any good reason I shouldn’t? I’m a completionist, but the decorations feel like nonsense anymore.

Have to say I was initially skeptical about adding LM, but after watching the live stream replay, I’m actually really excited for this event! Especially because we can have mermaid Ariel or human Ariel! Big upswing from BH6

As far as regular gameplay goes, I am 22 lockets shy of Tia, painfully slow with only 2 available characters. Contemplating buying some platinum chests because I really want Davy Jones to also help with the above and PotC is my FAVE!

Somehow yesterday my parade of 4 floats magically dropped 15 gems and I about fell over.

Lastly, I’m thinking of having a post-Labor Day clearance sale of all decorations to Merlin so I can get Davy’s organ. Any good reason I shouldn’t? I’m a completionist, but the decorations feel like nonsense anymore.
So that's where all my gems went....

First world problems. I still don't get people's concern over anally building their park they way they feel that it should. I don't really focus on layout or where buildings are when I play. I open it, set up characters for four hour tasks, and leave the game for four hours. I don't care if a Snow White building is in Frontierland or Tomorrowland. Which is good because apparently Gameloft doesn't much care about that, either. Otherwise it would impact gameplay.

As for putting away buildings that drop tokens, we can pick and choose what to put away or take back out. Right now, we can comfortably put away all attractions for Snow White, Zootopia, Incredibles, and Tangled. That now opens up a sizeable chunk of anyone's park. Then for the next event if they don't add land, but say, Zootopia becomes relevant again, we put away Lilo and Stitch instead. There is a bit of an element of strategy to this game, yet we complain when it's time to strategize.

In the end, honestly folks if every single building of a pointless app on your phone aren't out, but your parents are both healthy and you are employed and have a roof over your head, clean running water at home, and your dog wasn't hit by a bus, then on the list of life's priorities, "Waaah, I can't fit out all of my buildings" is pretty damn low down on your list of life's concerns, no?

Really? It's really not hard to understand, people want and like to play this game differently. If layout isn’t important to you and you don’t care if you’ve got all your building out, great! If layout isn’t a huge deal to me, but if I like to place movies buildings on their own plot of land, great. If someone like to make their kingdom as close to the Magic Kingdom as possible, great. If someone wants to printout out maps to maximize their space, great. If someone wants to own and place every building, concession stand and decoration, that’s (crazy) :rotfl:. The point is everyone wants to do things differently and it would be great if everyone could. The lack of land makes that hard to do. If you have an event that adds 4 buildings than release a plot of land to accommodate it and all’s good. And we still don’t know this entire conversation could be irrelevant and they will open up a new land when the event starts. :confused3

Now you and I have had this discussion before and both came to the conclusion that they don’t care about the building aspect of the game anymore. That said, the games still has “Build your own Magical Park” as it’s subhead, so they are still advertising it that way. Sadly, I’ve given up the notion that I’ll be able to build my park the way I want. My issue, which I agree that I over reacted about, is that they have 12 unopened plots so there is no logical reason not to introduce a new plot of land every event. Sure, they would eventually run out of land, but that’s a problem to deal with a year and a half or two years down the road.

As far as first world problem go yes a game like this is relatively low down in life’s concerns. That said, this is a message board for the game and one of the things people do on it is complain, voice their concerns on the game, or offer suggestions on ways to improve it. So, while I understand what you’re saying there it’s relatively irrelevant.

Haven’t and probably won’t watch the livestream, but gotta admits I’m more excited about this event than the last few.

Yeah, Tia is painfully slow, but once you get her, she does seem to level fairly quickly. I’ve got mine up to level 4, but the biggest problem I have with her is she doesn’t collect anything other than flags. Same issue I have with Michael Darling, who I just send home, because he doesn’t collect anything.

Nice!

Nope! For some reason I like to keep 1 of everything and 2 of each bench/lamp, also a completionist, but everthing else goes into elixir. The quicker you can get Davy's organ the better. WOW, that just sounds wrong and dirty :rotfl:. It really helps you collect items for Pirates.

On a positive note, I just leveled my Davy Jones to level 2! :thumbsup2

Got to give them credit, they weren’t stingy with giving him jobs items once you get him to level 2. If anything, they probably gave him to many collectible items. His 4 hour job has 3 epic and 1 rare object. I’m guessing since one of those items is the pirate fabric, and he’s the only character who can collect it, that it's going to be a long process? Anyone who has Davy, now have your pirate fabric drop rates been?

Haven’t and probably won’t watch the livestream, but gotta admits I’m more excited about this event than the last few.

Yeah, Tia is painfully slow, but once you get her, she does seem to level fairly quickly. I’ve got mine up to level 4, but the biggest problem I have with her is she doesn’t collect anything other than flags. Same issue I have with Michael Darling, who I just send home, because he doesn’t collect anything.

Nice!

Nope! For some reason I like to keep 1 of everything and 2 of each bench/lamp, also a completionist, but everthing else goes into elixir. The quicker you can get Davy's organ the better. WOW, that just sounds wrong and dirty :rotfl:. It really helps you collect items for Pirates.
Thanks. You just tarnished Davy Jones' Organ forever!!!

On a positive note, I just leveled my Davy Jones to level 2! :thumbsup2

Got to give them credit, they weren’t stingy with giving him jobs items once you get him to level 2. If anything, they probably gave him to many collectible items. His 4 hour job has 3 epic and 1 rare object. I’m guessing since one of those items is the pirate fabric, and he’s the only character who can collect it, that it's going to be a long process? Anyone who has Davy, now have your pirate fabric drop rates been?
Maybe not stingy with tokens...but very stingy with the chance of getting him. I've seriously tried to get him 12 times already. 12 sad empty little platinum chests that never had a chance to live up to their true potential.

So as of last night I was able to welcome Tia Dalma, so that was cool, and as of today, Bambi and Flower area ready to move to 10, but they can't right now, because Tia isn't here yet. Tia will not be here until 8:45PM EST, and because of the update roll outs and the numerous glitches that can appear with this game, I'm not ready to welcome them until the end of the Little Mermaid event. I kind of like the little exclamations telling me that people are ready. I feel like I accomplished something, which is just silly.

Character Status:
Michael Darling - collecting for 5
John Darling - collecting for 7
Elizabeth Swann - collecting for 10
Jack Sparrow - collecting for 10 <--- needs ONE ear hat, so he should be ready by tonight
Will Turning - collecting for 10
Captain Barbossa - collecting for 7
Tia Dalma - welcoming now
Davy Jones - collecting for 7
Bambi - ready for 10
Flower - ready for 10
Jack-Jack - collecting for 10
Christopher Robin - collecting for 6
Hiro - ready for 9 <---- I only have 113 microbots, so technically yes he is ready, but choosing between him and Go Go, drops me to not enough bots for both to be ready
Baymax - collecting for 8
Yokai - collecting for 9
Go Go - ready for 9 <---- see above comment for Hiro, it's really one or the other at this point
Honey Lemon - collecting for 10
Fred - collecting for 9
Wasabi - collecting for 8

I feel like I'm doing a decent job with characters, so that's a plus. Everyone else is at level 10, so that's helpful and with 7 new characters on the way, I'll have a chance to level off the list above as well as add those 7 to it

Maybe not stingy with tokens...but very stingy with the chance of getting him. I've seriously tried to get him 12 times already. 12 sad empty little platinum chests that never had a chance to live up to their true potential.

Would gladly send you the platinum chest that I found in my kingdom if I could. It will probably give me another sun dial or the Bambi Ice Rink that I would have to rearrange my kingdom or keep it in storage! If I did get it, I promise I won’t go on another space rant :rotfl:

At last count, I have 13 characters who aren't at level 10 (and none are ready for that, either). With 7 more on the way it's more than I'm used to having out. I guess the days when we don't have much to do in the game are gone for good.

I find the land thing an issue since I don't want to have to move stuff in and out of storage. I think it's a pain and just silly that they can't give us enough land to put all those attractions they offer. On the plus side, I've saved a lot of gems since I'm not buying a few of the "premium" attractions since there isn't room for them. Dumb move on their part, IMHO.

Thanks. You just tarnished Davy Jones' Organ forever!!!

OMG just :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter