Disney Magic Kingdoms

Making pretty good progress, Belle is on a "Trick Gaston" 4 hour quest and Gaston/Cogsworth are on an 8 hour quest to discuss the ball. Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs Potts are all level 4 and ready to level up, Chip is level 3 (missing one ear hat to level up) and Beast is level 6 and ready (although I'm not sure I'm going to level him up any more at the moment since it probably won't be necessary to finish the event). Gaston's Tavern was small enough (11x9) to fit in existing space without me needing to move or store anything - yay!

Making pretty good progress, Belle is on a "Trick Gaston" 4 hour quest and Gaston/Cogsworth are on an 8 hour quest to discuss the ball. Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs Potts are all level 4 and ready to level up, Chip is level 3 (missing one ear hat to level up) and Beast is level 6 and ready (although I'm not sure I'm going to level him up any more at the moment since it probably won't be necessary to finish the event). Gaston's Tavern was small enough (11x9) to fit in existing space without me needing to move or store anything - yay!
I'm at the same place. With characters around the same too. Do you find that you don't have much event currency? I find that I usually have tons in these events but this one seems like a little bit of a struggle to keep up.

I'm already on my first round with gaston. It is 18 - 4 hr tasks that you can send all 6 characters on. So by tonight, I should be finished with that part.

I'm already on my first round with gaston. It is 18 - 4 hr tasks that you can send all 6 characters on. So by tonight, I should be finished with that part.
That's great! How much event currency do you have? I find that I'm low given how much I had during past events.

Finally started welcoming Belle. I had all her pieces last night and I stupidly decided to upgrade my other beauty and the beast characters and didn't pay attention to how many roses I had. So, my plan of welcoming Belle over night failed cause I was short 3 roses. I could have kicked myself for that mistake. Oh well. I think I should still be able to finish the event I have both chip and Mrs. Potts, the float, and BOG restaurant. So, hopefully that allows me to catch back up again.

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know what the minimum level is the characters need to be at to defeat Gaston ? I checked the wiki, but it doesn't have that info.
2) During the Frozen event, there was a promo to buy Hans with real money. What I want to know is; at what point did that offer become available ? Was it after defeating Hans ? In other words ; did the promo ONLY show up AFTER you had defeated Hans ?

Thanks!

Help! What strategy do people have for getting enough shields for Gaston's Tavern? I'm at 6,000 and hate to burn event time just struggling to get event coins.

That's great! How much event currency do you have? I find that I'm low given how much I had during past events.

26,000. It may be because I haven't leveled up my characters quotes as much as others. I have Belle at 3, Beast at 6, Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs Potts at 5, and Chip at 2. They are all ready to level up also, but since it is letting me battle Gaston, I've put that on hold for the moment.

I'm relieved to know that I wasn't the only one struggling with the event currency. Maybe this time around, the difficult thing won't be getting the character tokens, but actually having the currency to buy them after you do have them all?:confused3:rotfl: I haven't even leveled up my characters too much. Beast is at 5, Belle and Chip at 3, Cogsworth, Lumiere and Mrs. Potts at 4

I'm envious of everyone who is past the welcome Belle stage. Yesterday morning I had 16 of her ears. I sent every available character out looking for them all day yesterday and overnight. I now have 17 ears. Talk about a frustrating lack of drops.

Does building the tavern trigger the battle with Gaston? Just trying to figure out where I am in the process. My tavern is building now.

So my wife didn't have the gems for Chip. She is close with the tokens for Belle, and I am already welcoming her. Her issue is she is really far behind on event currency, just based on where the other characters are from the main story line and how useful they are. So at this point it doesn't look like the premium characters were worth it for this event other than the marginal increase in the token chances and then event currency.

I have welcomed Belle overnight, found all the cutlery, upgraded Belle to level 3 (I upgraded her to 2 as soon as I welcomed her, finished Mickey and Goofys joint quest. Overnight I'am sending Goofy on his 8 hour quest and building Gastons Tavern (I only have 2000 event currency now) so working on earning more currency now.

So my wife didn't have the gems for Chip. She is close with the tokens for Belle, and I am already welcoming her. Her issue is she is really far behind on event currency, just based on where the other characters are from the main story line and how useful they are. So at this point it doesn't look like the premium characters were worth it for this event other than the marginal increase in the token chances and then event currency.

I have struggled with having enough event currency for this event, when compared to past events. I had to wait a few extra hours to have enough currency after upgrading Belle to level 3. I have found the premium characters great for tokens but not necessarily for gaining extra event currency.

Help! What strategy do people have for getting enough shields for Gaston's Tavern? I'm at 6,000 and hate to burn event time just struggling to get event coins.
If you have an hour or so to burn, send Jessie and Goofy on their 6 minute tasks repeatedly. I understand this is really tough for those of us with full time jobs etc. but I usually try do this on my lunch and short breaks and it gives a good boost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter