Disney Magic - best verandah staterooms / deck?

eeyoregirl13

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first Disney cruise on the Disney Magic and plan to book a verandah stateroom. I have heard that there are certain preferred rooms or decks? I would appreciate any tips as to the best place to be or to avoid! It will be myself, my 70 year old mother, and my two kids preschool age. Thank you so much!!

Also is it better to be forward, midship, or aft? Thank you for any help as this is our first cruise!

We are planning our first Disney cruise on the Disney Magic and plan to book a verandah stateroom. I have heard that there are certain preferred rooms or decks? I would appreciate any tips as to the best place to be or to avoid! It will be myself, my 70 year old mother, and my two kids preschool age. Thank you so much!!
Generally, the "better" rooms are midship. Mostly due to "less motion" there. But on a cruise ship the difference is fairly minimal between mid and forward/aft locations. It MIGHT be an issue if you're prone to motion sickness. It's suggested that a room on a deck between other staterooms is best, as it may be quieter. I haven't found that to be true, necessarily. Have a look at the deck plans and figure out what locations you want to be "closer" to. Forward is the entertainment areas (theater, lounges, adult pool). Mid/Aft is pools, kid's clubs, movie theater, dining rooms.

Not sure if this is just me or not, but have a look at where they put the concierge rooms. My thought is the priciest rooms are located in the most desired spot of the ship.

Not sure if this is just me or not, but have a look at where they put the concierge rooms. My thought is the priciest rooms are located in the most desired spot of the ship.

Only that logic (wherein midship is best) doesn't apply with the Dream Class where they are right up front.

And then there is the irony that they put them under the pool deck on the Classics... All that chair scraping noise...

We've always booked 6th Deck mid-ship w/veranda. Never been dissatisfied! For one thing, if you ever get sick and confined to your cabin you'll wish you had a veranda vs. a cheaper inside cabin.

For one thing, if you ever get sick and confined to your cabin you'll wish you had a veranda vs. a cheaper inside cabin.
I've found, when I'm sick enough to be confined to my room, it doesn't really matter if I have a verandah or not. I'm pretty much moaning in bed, trying to sleep, or in the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter