Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

dandjharris said:
My husband, myself and 4 year old daughter just got off the Magic last Saturday (a 7 night Western Caribbean) and signed up on-board for this cruise - we are so excited!

How exciting!!! I can't wait for this itinerary. ( Castaway and WDW are you kidding me! ) since You just got off the Magic can you share your excursions with us or any thoughts on your cruise? I haven't been on the Magic in over 10 years

DW, DD2, and DD3 just got off 15 awesome days on the Wonder visiting Hawaii. Looking forward to reliving the Magic!

Since we started a thread about the cruise on the Dis DCL Forum, thought we'd better check in here, too!

Signed up for this cruise while onboard the Wonder's Hawai'ian cruise a week or so ago.

Wasn't going to cruise in 2013, but couldn't pass up the deal: Galveston, Key West, and WDW (with transport from PC + a one-day Park Hopper).

This will be our 12th Disney cruise. As I mentioned before, we weren't going to cruise in 2013 (there was the Hawai'ian this past October and a Panama Canal in January '14 (not Disney), but the offer and itinerary were just too great to pass up. Folks ask why we vacation when we're retired, but living in Paradise, we need a break every now and then, ya know?

We've got our transfers from IAH to Galveston reserved (flying in a day before embarking with a hotel ressie in Galveston thru DCL; never fly in the day-of) and now we're working on our air tix. DCL is not doing air from Mexico - or at least not this early - so we're scouting websites and hoping for a sale!

Hope eveyone's plans are also progressing (even if you don't have OCPD).

Well, not wanting to wait too long, we've booked our air for this cruise earlier this week: Mexico City to IAH the day before embarkation, DCL transfers to Hotel Galvez with an overnight stay, and transfers to the ship; DCL transfers from ship to IAH and the flight back to Mexico City at the end of the cruise.

We've even earmarked a port excursion for Key West! Now the big question: Can we get Disney Dining for our day at WDW??? There would be a long bus ride back to the ship for meals....

Hello:wave2: I changed our spring break Fantasy cruise to this cruise last week. My daughter is 11 and we are excited to be joining you. We would like to do FE if there is a FE group?

Hey all, it's been a while!

So... we ended up changing our mind about this cruise. To make a long story short: We figured it'd be a bit redundant to get married in Disney World, then fly to Texas to take a cruise to Disney World. I'm a huge Disney fan and was so excited for my first Disney Cruise, but that's a little much even for me. Perhaps next time.

:sail:

Y'all enjoy the cruise!

kdgeek said:
Hey all, it's been a while!

So... we ended up changing our mind about this cruise. To make a long story short: We figured it'd be a bit redundant to get married in Disney World, then fly to Texas to take a cruise to Disney World. I'm a huge Disney fan and was so excited for my first Disney Cruise, but that's a little much even for me. Perhaps next time.

:sail:

Y'all enjoy the cruise!

Sorry you won't be joining us but congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!! How exciting to be getting married at the Mouse House! Your first Dis Cruise could be a great anniversary celebration!!! Have a wonderful marriage and continued happiness...

Our family of 5 will be joining in on the fun! This will be our first Disney cruise, and the first cruise for the kids. We are Disney fans, so this will be a blast! Love the itinerary!

MickeyWatcher said:
Our family of 5 will be joining in on the fun! This will be our first Disney cruise, and the first cruise for the kids. We are Disney fans, so this will be a blast! Love the itinerary!

Welcome!!!

I am seriously contemplating this one. Just did first dis cruise on magic in October and fell in love with it. I live in Houston ( but do have family in Florida) so galveston is mighty convenient. My first one didn't stop at castaway cay so I would live to see it. I lived in Florida 25 years but never made it to the keys so not sure how enthused I am about the itinerary as a whole which is why I have some pondering ( and saving) to do.

This was a rebooking of a dummy cruise for us. We'd not sailed out of Galveston before; we've always wanted to visit Key West; past cruises have included time at WDW either before and/or after the cruise, so a day at the World is welcome; Castaway Cay is always fun; sea days are our favorite times!

And getting to Galveston through Houston is a bit simpler when you live in Central Mexico.

We just got off the Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal cruise and booked this cruise while onboard.
This will be our third Disney Cruise . We can't wait to go back. If there is a FE for this group count us in! We will have 3 cabins.

Better reserve now if you are wanting some sort of character experience. Cinderellas Castle is already booked!

Will they have shuttles for each park or does everyone get dropped off at the same place and then you go from there?

My DW (Brandie) and DD (Breanna age 22 months at cruise time) will be on this cruise. It's our 2nd Disney cruise, other also on Magic out of Galveston to Western Caribbean, and we booked this one while on board. Super excited about getting a day at Walt Disney World!

We swapped to Disney cruising after 6 on Royal Caribbean due to our little toot. The Flounders Nursery staff were amazing on the first cruise, our DD practically jumped out of our arms to go play, which allowed us to enjoy Palo's for brunch and dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter