Disney little mermaid live

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
Disney little mermaid live is going to be on abc on November 5th.

Last edited:

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I wasn't really gonna watch it, but the commercials I saw durring the Memphis game Saturday night started to interest me. I am currently watching it live. It's pretty good so far. Under the Sea is up next, and that'll be the best scene.

And, well, it was okay. There should have been a Sebastien puppet. Shaggy nailled the song, but I prefer the presentation at Hollywood Studios - actually one of my favorite shows!

Last edited:
  • tripplanner2

DIS Veteran
    Way too many commercials. I am just going nuts trying to figure out where they are filming this. I feel like it is inside one of the parks.

tripplanner2

DIS Veteran
    Thank you for replying. The theater looks familiar but I kept finding reasons why it was not the theater I was considering. Have never been to California so that makes sense.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    Thank you for replying. The theater looks familiar but I kept finding reasons why it was not the theater I was considering. Have never been to California so that makes sense.
    It is definitely similar to the theater at DHS, at least in styling. It's a bit larger though. The set design was totally inspired by that 30 year old show though. This is likely in a sound stage, and not any actual theater anywhere.California Adventure in California has a great theater where they do Frozen Live - which is easily good enough to just televise as it is.

• BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    Did they just sneak in a new song?

Okay, a couple of new songs?

Last edited:

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    I cannot understand what the is the place where the film is being filmed
    It was just a sound stage at the Disney studios, not a public theater. It was likely dressed just for this, and now taken down for something else. The show did really well though o they may do more like it.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM