Disney Invitations???

LisaLovesDisney

Disney Bride~December 3, 2003
Hi All,
This question is primarily for those of you that are having or have had a IW. I would like to sent out invitations to about ten people for our IW but most places that make invitations charge over 100 dollars for invitess and there is a minumum of 25. I was thinking about doing it myself on the computer but I want them to look nice and have some disney referance to them and I am not very good on a computer. Any thoughts?

I made my wedding announcements (we're eloping to WDW) on our computer and they came out great. Here's what I did:

1. Bought a couple packages of invitations from Target. They have these really cute ones right now that comprise of a purple overlay with a blank white card inside. They have other types there too though.

2. Downloaded a Disney font from the internet and installed the font on my computer.

3. I measured the size of the white card. I think it was like 4 inches wide by 6 inches long - don't remember exactly.

4. Went into Microsoft Word on the computer and set the width and length of the word document to be 4X6, just like the card.

5. Then I came up with my wording and typed it into the Word doc, and did some creative formatting of the text.

6. I grabbed a picture of a castle from the disney clipart website. I then inserted that clipart onto my word doc.

7. I printed out the text onto the white cardstock.

8. I then placed the white cards inside each purple overlay and put a Sleeping Beauty sticker on the purple part of the announcement to keep it closed. (It looks alot nicer than it sounds!)

9. The envelopes that came with the invitations are silver which was perfect for the theme I'm using.

Since you're only doing a few of them, you could really do some custom work on each one, by adding a ribbon or a charm to the invitation.

Ha! You probably didn't expect this much information. :D

Good luck and I'm sure they'll come out great. Just remember to do some experimentation and some test runs with different styles of text and formatting.

Anna

Hi Anna,
WOW,,thank you so much for the step by step play!!! I am not computer savy at all but maybe I will give it a shot. I just e-mailed a place that does invitations online asking them if I could but blank invitations but Disney has a rule that they don't sell blank Disney invites so I would have to buy 25 and that may be too expensive. Thank you so much for the instruction on how to do this. I appreciate it! Good luck on your elopment and may it be all you ever imagined :)

Something to keep in mind... I also had a fairly small wedding. I ordered the minimum and then was able to use the extras for a scrapbook (I had enough that I wasn't worried about cutting them to "arrange" them in my book) and to give a couple extras to the parents for their own keepsakes. If you can order ones that are partially blank - maybe blank inside but have your names and wedding date- you could handwrite some thank you notes inside, or use them as wedding announcements and send them to people who may not have been invited but you would like to include. You could include a picture too.

Thanks for the advice I looked online to find web sites that have Disney invites and I found a web site that offered them at 30% off called "Block Party Invitations" so I ordered 25 of the cutest Disney invites for the IW and then 100 classier Disney invites for my post wedding reception and I was so surprised at the total cost. Much less than I expected to add in both events. I am so happy that is done. I will leave the experience of making the invites for another event. Thanks for all of your help everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter