Disney infinity wii vs wiiu

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
Just thought I'd post, since I have now played both... We originally had a wii, and got the game... And it was really fun... I understood we were missing out on the 2 player option, and being able to download content (like the toy boxes), but I thought that was it.

We'll, we upgraded to wiiu last weekend (I sold my wii and starter set to help pay for it lol)... And wow... More missions, more bad guys, little helper bots... No loading between areas... It is amazing. Dd loves the game pad, and I can use the old wiimotes I am used to.

Haven't played another game on wiiu yet, lol... But I wish I had upgraded sooner. Gameplay just in the incredibles playset has been longer, even with the two of us playing split screen... And I love we are not tethered together (as in other games)... Super fun!

We have Infinity on the Wii and I've been frustrated by the fact that I don't have a full set of building pieces in Toy Box mode. You get a different subset of pieces depending on which toy box you load from the Launch area. For example, there are more vehicles if you go to the toy box with hoop spinning over it. I don't have access to using any of the sports pieces except in the toy box with the soccer ball.

I'd like to use a reset switch with my sports game but it's not available there. Does the Wii U version have these limitations?

Also, if I'm going to get a new game system, (Wii U, Xbox, Playstation) is any one of them significantly better than the others for playing Infinity? Should I keep what I've got until Disney announces an Infinity 2?

On any of the platforms you do have to play the playset missions and run around and find all the green and red container things and the vaults to earn the rest of the toy box pieces. I didn't feel that the wii had less toy box parts than the wiiu... DD does the toybox, not me... she much prefers using the gamepad on the wiiu, says its easier to build.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter