Disney Hold on my Visa....

Jaci

Mouseketeer
Used it to pay for our trip, but at 1:28 today, they did an authorization for $0. Why would they have done that? I didn't call them today or anything. We are set to arrive on Saturday.

Anyone want to guess what they are doing?

Should I be freaked out?

Because when you made your reservation - they asked you whether this is the card you will be using for incidentials. They probably ran the card to make sure its still a valid card. If it wasn't then the CM would ask you to present a new card at check in.

I've had the same thing happen to me. Usually, it means they are just checking to make sure your credit card is good, as Cindy's mom explained.

Happens to us often when we travel. Authenticates the number you gave so they can contact you if it isn't valid. Input error can be responsible for problems or someone transposing numbers can have the wrong number down for you, so it's good that they check.

Because when you made your reservation - they asked you whether this is the card you will be using for incidentials. They probably ran the card to make sure its still a valid card. If it wasn't then the CM would ask you to present a new card at check in.

I told them I didn't want charging priveledges when I made my reservation. Plus, I made all my payments online. I never gave my card number to them verbally.

Just seems odd that it was for $0....which is why I was wondering about it.

I'd be very concerned and questioning it if you did not authorize charging privileges. They do that when charging privileges are authorized to make sure you will be able to pay the bill. It could have been done out of habit, or it could be a dishonest person checking before harvesting your cc number. I would put money on the former, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. It could also be in case you make phone calls from your room or order room service, I suppose. I'd just check--no harm in it.

If you aren't checking in (and it really does sound as though you are, as I re-read), I'd really check on it. The only reason they'd run anything on your credit card is if you are making an actual payment and then it would be for the actual charge. They shouldn't be checking your card for validity for any reason. Personally, I'd call Disney AND the cc company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter