Disney Hilton

juliebug1997

DIS Veteran
Pluses? Minuses? We're thinking about staying there before my husband's conference. We were just wanting some feedback. TIA!

Pluses? Minuses? We're thinking about staying there before my husband's conference. We were just wanting some feedback. TIA!

You may want to post on the Orlando Hotels and activities boards; this board is more for the on-site resorts and not the off-site hotels.

DH and I stayed there in October as we were able to stay for free on airline points. It was a nice experience. I don't have any complaints. However, I personally didn't love it.
I was a regular hotel - not a Disney hotel, if that makes sense.

We normally stay on-site.

[I don't consider the DTD hotels not owned by Disney to be on-site, even though some people do.]

I missed the total submersion in the Disney environment. I also didn't like driving back and forth to the parks. I know the Hilton has a shuttle but since it wasn't Disney based transportation we opted for a rental car.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Hmmm, the shuttle thing might be a make it or break it for us. I'll have to talk to DH about that one. Thanks for the tips. That was kind of what I was looking for.

We always stay in a DTD hotel the night before we check into our WDW resort. We spend that day shopping at DTD playing in DQ and having dinner at Trex.

Last yr we stayed at Best Western DTD and thought it was great I got a disney view room for $59 plus tax and we watched Illuminations from our balcony, great way to start our trip.

Now we havent stayed at the Hilton DTD yet, but I do have it booked for one night in Sept. I signed up for Hilton Honors and I found a disney quest package for $164!! One night stay plus up to 4 dq tickets, I have 4 ppl going so I called hotel to confirm I will get 4 tickets and they said defanitely!

Plus if a disney view room is available when I check in I will upgraded for only $18!

I normally dont do the water park option so we buy our dq tickets from mapleleaftickets.com or ticket mamma. It would have cost me about $135 to get them and over $160 if I bought them at dq so to get a room and 4 DQ tickets for $164 is a great deal! I am very excited..

we stayed at dtd hilton on our last trip. after 5 days we packed up and moved to the poly. now we stayed there for free because of dh hilton points, in an exective suite. the pool was nice and never too busy.. the buses stunk i have to say plus when you get picked up from parks you have to find these circles way out in the parking lot where the buses come to get you. you don't get dropped off at the mk you go to the ttc..not exactly fun. i can't say we didn't like the hilton but it is in need of a refurb (and they recently had one) inside and out. it is a nice walk to dtd and the staff is nice but this is NOT a disney resort. we have been very spoiled with our disney resorts and even though we can stay the dtd hilton again for free we won't...some argue that disney deluxes aren't worth the $ but us they are. good luck with your choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter