Disney H2O toiletries will be discontinued at the end of the year.

How marvelous were the Disney H2O products? Were they just as good as the Victoria's Secret beauty creams? It's a shame that Disney is no longer gonna have them anymore and I wonder what company will provide the shampoos and creams for the Disney Resorts now that Disney H20 is no longer gonna be in business anymore? Because Marriott hotels have a contract with Paul Mitchell Haircare products and it would be nice to see Disney team up with Paul Mitchell to design a line of Disney beauty and haircare products and people would love it a lot. What's crazy is that after the shocking news that H20 was no longer gonna be making Disney shampoos and creams for the resorts my mom went to look at the Disney H20 products and they were sold out already and they were being sold through Amazon and ShopDisney is sold out of H20 products too. Guess people started collecting them as soon as they heard the news

Finally my cache of H2O DCL bottles will be worth something ...

I admit I never liked this brand that much... always felt odd on my hair, like it didn't rinse well. I liked the smell, especially the grapefruit one....

How marvelous were the Disney H2O products? Were they just as good as the Victoria's Secret beauty creams? It's a shame that Disney is no longer gonna have them anymore and I wonder what company will provide the shampoos and creams for the Disney Resorts now that Disney H20 is no longer gonna be in business anymore? Because Marriott hotels have a contract with Paul Mitchell Haircare products and it would be nice to see Disney team up with Paul Mitchell to design a line of Disney beauty and haircare products and people would love it a lot. What's crazy is that after the shocking news that H20 was no longer gonna be making Disney shampoos and creams for the resorts my mom went to look at the Disney H20 products and they were sold out already and they were being sold through Amazon and ShopDisney is sold out of H20 products too. Guess people started collecting them as soon as they heard the news
Yeah when DW went on line to buy Disneys shampoo they were already sold out. Hope their new product is as good as the H2O line.

Finally my cache of H2O DCL bottles will be worth something ...

I admit I never liked this brand that much... always felt odd on my hair, like it didn't rinse well. I liked the smell, especially the grapefruit one....
I think its more the water than the product. My DW uses it at home and loves it.

It will be interesting to see what replaces the line. Will Disney corporate see this as another opportunity to squeeze more profit?
I certainly wouldn't want to bet against it!

It will be interesting to see what replaces the line. Will Disney corporate see this as another opportunity to squeeze more profit?
Hopefully he doesn’t replace it with cheap stuff just to save a buck.

For the value resorts Disney will go with a generic version of this. One dispenser in the shower.
For the moderates there will be 3 bottles, different color. Labeled use for body wash use for shampoo and use for conditioner. All filled with same stuff being used in the value.

41srzOR4D0L._AC_SY780_.jpg

Disney could order direct with only Disney branding. Allows Disney to shop manufacturers on a regular basis. Costco has Kirkland brand shampoo. Same with other chains. Mickey may be the only brand required by guests. Guests who have a brand preference are likely to bring their own anyway.

FWIW Disney is using Gilchrist & Soames, without any Disney branding, for some items in club rooms. Probably going to happen more as the H20 supply dries up. Currently shower cap and amenity box (Qtip etc)

H2O brands were the Disney scent in my mind. We brought them home and even now when my wife and I smell it we get all giddy. Insane as it sounds it makes me want to go to Disney and I am a man who doesn't care about toiletries. I guess the company is closing so it's NOT technically WDW fault. But to be honest H2O is so iconic, Disney should've just bought them out, downscaled and made the company exclusive to their properties. Although we know how this entire cost cutting journey has gone.

I feel so weird.. toiletries making me sad? ugh.

Pola Orbis Holdings is a chemical company in Japan and produced the Disney H2O+ products since 2011. They company is not closing down in fact their financials are doing quite well. . It appears that they are discontinuing their partnership with Disney. Looks like Disney got a dose of their own medicine from Polo Orbis................"Pay up or shut up!!".

Pola Orbis Holdings is a chemical company in Japan and produced the Disney H2O+ products since 2011. They company is not closing down in fact their financials are doing quite well. . It appears that they are discontinuing their partnership with Disney. Looks like Disney got a dose of their own medicine from Polo Orbis................"Pay up or shut up!!".
They are discontinuing the H2O+ brand, not just the partnership with Disney.

They are discontinuing the H2O+ brand, not just the partnership with Disney.
I am certain these shampoos and lotions will be still produced by the company, just under another name. Sometimes companies with many brands that they acquired (like H20+) will consolidate the branding to bring more identity and customer loyalty to their flagship brands. Here is their website. I can't believe I am actually talking about this stuff. Luckily our fantasy football league starts in 6 days. I'm outta here.

https://www.pola.com/brand/hotelamenities/index.html

Last edited:
I am certain these shampoos and lotions will be still produced by the company, just under another name.
I looked into it a little deeper.

Pola Orbis, a Japanese Company, acquired H2O+ from a Chicago based company (through a private equity firm) in 2011. Upon acquiring the company, the contract stated they must supply the products until 2022. It was only sold in the United States, and sales never expanded beyond the United States. (Did they try and fail? Or not want to be in the US market? They bought the company for other reason like copyrights or technology?) Since the contract has now expired, and they have decided to end these products.

Yes, they make all sorts of other similar products. But the reason doesn't seem to be 'Pay up or shut up!'. It seems that they planned to stop selling these after the contract expired.

I looked into it a little deeper.

Pola Orbis, a Japanese Company, acquired H2O+ from a Chicago based company (through a private equity firm) in 2011. Upon acquiring the company, the contract stated they must supply the products until 2022. It was only sold in the United States, and sales never expanded beyond the United States. (Did they try and fail? Or not want to be in the US market? They bought the company for other reason like copyrights or technology?) Since the contract has now expired, and they have decided to end these products.

Yes, they make all sorts of other similar products. But the reason doesn't seem to be 'Pay up or shut up!'. It seems that they planned to stop selling these after the contract expired.
Very interesting… thank you

I am certain these shampoos and lotions will be still produced by the company, just under another name. Sometimes companies with many brands that they acquired (like H20+) will consolidate the branding to bring more identity and customer loyalty to their flagship brands. Here is their website. I can't believe I am actually talking about this stuff. Luckily our fantasy football league starts in 6 days. I'm outta here.

https://www.pola.com/brand/hotelamenities/index.html
Thank you. Good luck on fantasy football

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter