Disney Gift Cards?

SmilingGrump

Dis Dads Club Member #584
Anyone know of a store (other then Disney Stores) in Canada where you can purchase Disney Gift Cards? I've read of a few people in the US buying them at their grocery stores to pay their DVC annual dues and then getting discounted/free gas, etc. I'd love to take advantage of that but have yet to see any for sale in Canada.

You won't find them in Canada. It is a currency issue.

You can buy them at Disney.com but the international shipping charge is $25.00! :scared1:

Yup from what I've been told you can't get them in Canada.

So luckily for me I only live 4 hours from North Dakota. I plan on making a trip or 2 between now and next September to buy some gift cards! Hope you can figure out something. Maybe you have a friend in the US? Or a family member who is making a trip?

:grouphug:

You won't find them in Canada. It is a currency issue.

You can buy them at Disney.com but the international shipping charge is $25.00! :scared1:

That's what scares me off too but someone told me (well, posted somewhere here...) that they phoned about the shipping charge and disney.com shipped them for free or something. Sorry, can't remember the details I just remember being mad because I avoid using the phone at all times and was starting to rethink that phobia :rotfl: :rotfl:

That's what scares me off too but someone told me (well, posted somewhere here...) that they phoned about the shipping charge and disney.com shipped them for free or something. Sorry, can't remember the details I just remember being mad because I avoid using the phone at all times and was starting to rethink that phobia :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a phone phobia :laughing:. I visit family in PA twice a year, so I plan on picking up a couple while I'm down there. It would be nice if we were able to top them up here in Canada, but oh well.

I phoned Disneyland directly (which doesn't help the phone phobic) and spoke to a very helpful CM who sold me the gift cards over the phone and they were shipped for free. He apologized that there were only a few designs available but I was just thrilled I could get them for the kids for Christmas. Driving to the States from where I am is not an option.

I phoned Disneyland directly (which doesn't help the phone phobic) and spoke to a very helpful CM who sold me the gift cards over the phone and they were shipped for free. He apologized that there were only a few designs available but I was just thrilled I could get them for the kids for Christmas. Driving to the States from where I am is not an option.

ooo good to know! I may have to make a call :)

I wonder if one could get them sent to the hotel?? That would save buying them on the day, have them in hand... but I guess it doesn't really matter much if ones already at Disneyland :banana:

I wonder why Disneyland will send them to Canada, while the online Disney Store will not? :confused3

A test order came out with this message......

Express shipping not available on this item. This item cannot be shipped internationally, outside the contiguous Unites States, or to a P.O. Box, APO or FPO address. This item can only be shipped to a physical address. Please allow 10-15 business days for Standard Delivery.

I've never heard of Meijers...where is it? I cross at Queenston, Rainbow or Peace bridges. Any near there?

Meijers is Michigan way... But check any of the local grocery/super stores in NY (ie Tops) they might have them like Meijers....

We buy ours online and send them to friends in the states who in turn mails them to use in a new envelope for like $1

I wonder why Disneyland will send them to Canada, while the online Disney Store will not? :confused3

A test order came out with this message......

Express shipping not available on this item. This item cannot be shipped internationally, outside the contiguous Unites States, or to a P.O. Box, APO or FPO address. This item can only be shipped to a physical address. Please allow 10-15 business days for Standard Delivery.

Disneyland "sells" gift cards on their website with their tickets. Limited selections, and for amounts starting at $25. Usually, there is international shipping fees for any order (far less than the store). It's good to know you can try to avoid this by calling direct.

Here's the link:
https://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/T...o7eMgYJ8AA/1TLaLcyRJyG/3X2tLg8HgUQc7t2G6wrAk=

Disneyworld doesn't offer this same service. Tickets only -- no cards. As for the store website ... it's just ridiculous ! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter