Disney Gift Cards ???????????

I had quite a bit of trouble getting my gift cards! I hope they are easier to use than they were to receive!!

I ordered them online and had them sent to my work address instead of home since no one would be here to receive and sign for them. A few days later I ended up with a notice on my door at home that a package from "Guest Services" had attempted to be delivered and they would try again the following day (again when nobody would be home).

I called Guest Services and after being on hold about 10 min. I got cut off. So I e-mailed them and they said this was a "problem they were trying to correct" so obviously my situation wasn't unique. They contacted UPS and gave them the correct delivery address and I thought all was taken care of!

When it was delivered to my work address it had some guy's name on the package! Have no idea who this guy is but the only way the people at work knew it was supposed to go to me is because the new address sticker didn't quite cover the old one and they could see my name on the old delivery label.

I e-mailed Guest Services again saying I planned on ordering more gift cards but was really hesitant and they said feel free to call them when I place my next order to verify they were being sent to the correct name and address.

Sorry to be so long winded. I guess I'm still a bit irritated with the whole ordeal.

Liz, did you have to sign for the package because the gift cards were worth over a particular amount of money?

Because when I ordered mine this summer - 2 $25 ones, ordered separately - they came in the regular US Mail.

BethR said:
Liz, did you have to sign for the package because the gift cards were worth over a particular amount of money?

Because when I ordered mine this summer - 2 $25 ones, ordered separately - they came in the regular US Mail.

I don't know if it was due to the amount of the cards. I just assumed they did that with all orders since these are my first ones. I had two $50 cards in my package.

I had a similar experience, I order a $500.00 gift card, and had it shipped to my work address. Since the bill to and ship to were different, they called me to verify the address. I did receive it promptly but that was kinda the point, it was a surprise and didn't want it to come to my home, and then we have a message to call guest relations at Disney. I know it is added security but if the name matches up and credit card info is correct I don't see doing this, what's the point of doing it online if you have to follow up with a phone call?

Kenika

kenika said:
I had a similar experience, I order a $500.00 gift card, and had it shipped to my work address. Since the bill to and ship to were different, they called me to verify the address. I did receive it promptly but that was kinda the point, it was a surprise and didn't want it to come to my home, and then we have a message to call guest relations at Disney. I know it is added security but if the name matches up and credit card info is correct I don't see doing this, what's the point of doing it online if you have to follow up with a phone call?

Kenika

I guess they were just being super extra careful. These gift cards are still quite new to Disney and maybe they're still feeling their way through it a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter