Disney Gift Cards - Website Problems

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by NKHarris329, May 19, 2018.

1. NKHarris329

NKHarris329 Mouseketeer

I'm attempting to combine some of my Disney Gift Cards and the site keeps giving me errors. I was able to add cards, but cannot delete or combine them.

Has anyone tried using this site in the past day or two? Are you having problems?

2. Chelley00

Chelley00 DIS Veteran

Yes! I even contacted them. All they said was that I didn’t need to register cards to add them to another and nothing about why I couldn’t delete the old ones.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. twinmom2002

twinmom2002 Mouseketeer

I’m not able to delete or change my primary card. I already have 5 cards so not being able to delete is a real problem. When you called did they give any idea when it might be fixed?

5. NKHarris329

NKHarris329 Mouseketeer

I didn't call but sent an email. There IS a way to transfer card balances without adding them to your account though.

Above the image of Woody and Buzz there is a "Manage Cards" drop down. Under that there is "Transfer Balance" and from there (near the bottom) you can choose to "Enter Card Information" You then manually enter the card information, select the card you want to transfer the funds to, and then it transfers the $$.

I'd much rather be able to use the 'old' method (because 3 of my 5 entered gift cards are old and I doubt I have possession of them anymore) but at least it helps me combine all the small gift cards I have today.

6. Mrs. Jumbo

Mrs. Jumbo Earning My Ears

Having same problem with error since yesterday. Thanks NKHarris for the great tips. It worked!
    Hope they fix website soon, I still want to delete couple of old used ones.

7. k&Jsmom

k&Jsmom Earning My Ears

I could not delete an old card as well today.

8. NKHarris329

NKHarris329 Mouseketeer

Received a response from tech support -

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. DisneyGiftCard.com has been experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patience and understanding while the site is being worked on. We do not have a timeline as to when the site will be fully functional. We apologize for the inconvenience. You are still able to transfer cards though, you don't have to register a card to transfer it. Please call if you have additional questions. 877-650-4327, Monday - Friday, 7am - 5pm, Pacific Time.

9. tink89

tink89 DIS Veteran

I called about a different issue and asked why I couldn't delete cards. They said they are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it

10. Bobb_o

Bobb_o Mouseketeer

Glad to know everyone is running into it. I'll wait a few days but I need to combine $500 worth so it's annoying.

11. Bruin_mouse

Bruin_mouse Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Thanks for posting about this. I normally post on the DVC forums but thought I'd come over here to see if anyone knew anything. It's bizarre to me that Bob Iger has been talking so much lately about Disney being a technology company but then a simple thing like this is still not fixed after a week.

12. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

what site is this?

13. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

disneygiftcard.com

14. NKHarris329

NKHarris329 Mouseketeer

DisneyGiftCard . com

It is a handy website that you can use to combine small denomination gift cards into one or more gift cards (Max value of $1k per card). It is great if you use Swagbucks or the Target Red Card to get Disney GC at a discount.

15. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

Thank you. Does Swagbucks have Disney gift cards? I didn't think of that.

16. tink89

tink89 DIS Veteran

The website is up and running. At least I was able to delete my unwanted gift cards

Debbru and NKHarris329 like this.
  17. NKHarris329

NKHarris329 Mouseketeer

Swagbucks doesn't have Disney, but they have Target Wal-Mart Best Buy, etc. That you can use to buy Disney gift cards.

18. disneyandme

disneyandme DIS Veteran

Still not working for me.

19. maburke

maburke DIS Veteran

I'm having the same problem. I'm frustrated because there's value that I want to remove from my "primary card" but there isn't an option to transfer off the primary card, and I get an error when I try to make another card the primary. GRRRR!!

20. motherof5

motherof5 DIS Veteran

I thought you couldn't buy gift cards with gift cards. For example buying a Disney gift card with a Target gift card. Has anyone done this and have it worked lately?

21. Marionnette

Marionnette Children see magic because they look for it

Target works. Walmart should work. BB does not work.