Disney Gift Cards Question - Merging Funds From Multiple Cards

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
Hi all. My wife and I decided to buy Disney gift cards from Target for our upcoming vacation, to take advantage of the small (but certainly beneficial) discount. Unfortunately, when my wife went to the store they only had $100 cards available. Long story short, we now have a number of $100 gift cards. I believe I read somewhere that you can go to a Disney gift card website to combine the cards/transfer the funds from cards to one single card to make things much more manageable. However, I also remember reading that people have been hacked and lost everything by using the website. Can anyone advise and to whether it is safe to attempt doing this? I'd hate to have to carry around a bunch of cards.

Hi all. My wife and I decided to buy Disney gift cards from Target for our upcoming vacation, to take advantage of the small (but certainly beneficial) discount. Unfortunately, when my wife went to the store they only had $100 cards available. Long story short, we now have a number of $100 gift cards. I believe I read somewhere that you can go to a Disney gift card website to combine the cards/transfer the funds from cards to one single card to make things much more manageable. However, I also remember reading that people have been hacked and lost everything by using the website. Can anyone advise and to whether it is safe to attempt doing this? I'd hate to have to carry around a bunch of cards.
Go to disneygiftcard.com and put the first card in. You can then transfer the other gift cards to it. Each card can have a max of $1,000. Once you have combined your cards, delete the original card from the website so that it’s not stored there. Never had an issue doing it this way.

Last edited:
It's safe to use in order to check balances or combine balances onto one card. Just delete the cards when you are finished. Do not store cards on the website. That's how people have had their GCs drained.

So after I combine the cards delete all of them from the site? How do I then check the balances?

So after I combine the cards delete all of them from the site? How do I then check the balances?
When you make a purchase with your GC, the receipt will show the balance. The website also has a page where you can check balances without storing the card. Or you can phone the Disney Gift Card Hotline. The number is on the back of the card.

It's safe to use in order to check balances or combine balances onto one card. Just delete the cards when you are finished. Do not store cards on the website. That's how people have had their GCs drained.
This is a non-issue if you protect your password.

The website is designed to prevent theft. If a physical card is lost or stolen, you can use the website to shut down those cards.

So can I delete all the cards, including the one that has all the money on it, after combining them, and then just re-enter the account # and EAN on the website if I want to check the balance?

So can I delete all the cards, including the one that has all the money on it, after combining them, and then just re-enter the account # and EAN on the website if I want to check the balance?
Yes. You don't even need to log in to check balances.

If you delete the card and then lose it or it's stolen, you're screwed.

If you leave the card on your account and you lose it or it's stolen, you're protected.

Always a good idea to keep a separate list off-line of gift card #'s in case one is lost. Then the balance can easily be transferred to another card. I keep photos of the back of the cards on my phone.

If you delete the card and then lose it or it's stolen, you're screwed.

If you leave the card on your account and you lose it or it's stolen, you're protected.
I don't leave my cards on the website but I do keep a note on my phone with all my card and PIN numbers. My passwords are absolutely absurd and would never be cracked so I suppose I could leave the cards on my account but I don't and it hasn't been an issue at this point. When I combine new cards to existing ones all I have to do is take a few seconds to add my current card.

OP keep a few empty physical cards (also save the number and PIN) so if you do lose a card you can move the full balance to a card in your possession right away.

I also keep the loaded card AND an empty card on the website in case you lose the loaded one. That way you can transfer the balance immediately to the empty card. And keep the physical cards as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter