disney gift card's merchant category card?

Alpa

Earning My Ears
hi, all!

i am interested in getting a disney gift card (for 3x pts with united mpx app), but i'm not sure which credit card to use. do u know how disney codes (i mean: mcc - merchant category code) it's gift cards? travel? entertainment?

do u know if the mcc is the same for both visa and master card?

hi, all!

i am interested in getting a disney gift card (for 3x pts with united mpx app), but i'm not sure which credit card to use. do u know how disney codes (i mean: mcc - merchant category code) it's gift cards? travel? entertainment?

do u know if the mcc is the same for both visa and master card?
It will depend on where you make your purchase. If I buy at Rite Aid, it codes as drug store. If I buy at Acme, it codes as grocery.

Not all CCs will code the same way and different branded cards from the same bank can even code differently.

hmm, so buying one on the united (airline's) mpx app will probably code as travel, then.

well, thank you for your help!

i would get 6% if dsg codes as travel : 3x travel rewards cc + 3x app.

i'm trying to figure out the category but no one seems to know the category if i buy a dsg online. do u?

i understand that if i buy the dsg in a store, then my credit card category is decided by the store i am buying the dsg in. but what about buying a dsg directly online? when i buy a hotel room thru the united airlines' mpx app it is characterized as "hotel", not as "airline". so how would disney be categorized?

i'll check ut cc special offers but haven't seen anything for disney gift cards.

Last edited:
i would get 6% if dsg codes as travel : 3x travel rewards cc + 3x app.

i'm trying to figure out the category but no one seems to know the category if i buy a dsg online. do u?

i'll check ** cc special offers but haven't seen anything for disney gift cards.
I'm not familiar with United MileagePlus X, but it looks like any other shopping portal that rewards for going through their site to make purchases at various merchants.

So again, it's going to depend on from whom you are making your purchase. Shopdisney.com will code as merchandise for most credit cards, not travel. Costco, Sam's and BJ's will likely code as warehouses.

ok! i found the merchant: disneygiftcard.com

any idea how that may categorize?

thank you!

not the answer i was hoping for, but at least i know now!

where do u get ur gift cards?

thank you!

not the answer i was hoping for, but at least i know now!

where do u get ur gift cards?
Wherever I get the best deal. When my Discover Card offers 5% cashback for warehouse purchases, I buy from BJ's or Sam's. If AmEx is offering $10 back on a $50 purchase at Home Depot, then I purchase there. If Chase is offering me a 10% statement credit for Rite Aid, I will use that.

You should read the Disney Gift Card Deals thread if you're looking for GCs at a reduced cost. They're very good at keeping the thread up to date.

thank you!
i will check that thread.
really thank you for your time and patience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter