Disney Gift Card Website warnings

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
I know I should know better than to toss the cards after I have combined them but isn’t that the whole point? I am missing $100 from a card I added, then combined, then deleted and tossed the physical card. I also have lost (most likely trashed) my email of those transactions. Just a warning to store your gift cards somewhere safe and keep all records of each transaction until you spend all of your money off the cards. I may try to call in the morning and see if they can track what happened but without numbers and hard dates it’s unlikely. I know it was about a month ago and I planned to add more tonight but will now just hold onto the cards.

I know I should know better than to toss the cards after I have combined them but isn’t that the whole point? I am missing $100 from a card I added, then combined, then deleted and tossed the physical card. I also have lost (most likely trashed) my email of those transactions. Just a warning to store your gift cards somewhere safe and keep all records of each transaction until you spend all of your money off the cards. I may try to call in the morning and see if they can track what happened but without numbers and hard dates it’s unlikely. I know it was about a month ago and I planned to add more tonight but will now just hold onto the cards.
Have you looked at the transaction history on the card you transferred the $100 into? Maybe you can narrow down the date the card was added.

Have you looked at the transaction history on the card you transferred the $100 into? Maybe you can narrow down the date the card was added.

Actually, once I got to looking more, the card I transferred it from it still on the account. There are 7 cards showing up, even though it’s always said and has been my experience that only 5 will be available on your account. It has a zero balance, but at least it shows up. So my guess is a simple glitch and this should be able to be resolved.

Actually, once I got to looking more, the card I transferred it from it still on the account. There are 7 cards showing up, even though it’s always said and has been my experience that only 5 will be available on your account. It has a zero balance, but at least it shows up. So my guess is a simple glitch and this should be able to be resolved.
I was looking at my account yesterday and it was showing some of my old cards - physical cards that I had deleted ages ago. So it is not just a glitch on yours.

Was able to track it down. All is resolved. Seems transaction was held midway? I get lost on the technical talk. I still recommend holding onto all cards and email communication until you use all your funds. Still it’s convenient to buy cards as you have the money or find a deal then combine into one through the website, just takes a keen eye and record keeping to not let technical errors rob you.

This is exactly why I have a Disney Gift Card pile on the back of my desk. It's hidden so I don't even think about it, but I toss all my gift cards there when they zero out. I bet I have a pile right now, but since I can't see it, it doesn't bother me. And I'm sure at some point I'll toss them all, but it will be long after I'm sure all the money has been used up.

I personally keep a spreadsheet of all my GC numbers so I can throw the physical cards out. I type it into the spreadsheet and then copy/paste that number into the website when I transfer so I know I have the correct number recorded. I did used to keep all of them in an envelope until after the trip but with the spreadsheet system I hadn't needed to find a physical card and it would take time to verify the cards in the envelope all matched the cards used before I discarded them (i'm a double/triple checker). Since I never used the physical cards again I decided to toss them as soon as it's successfully recorded and save a step. I have a few physical cards I saved with discontinued designs I can use to move funds around if I accidentally misplace one.

Doesn't help with OP's current situation, but something to consider for the future. Happy tp hear it was resolved successfully though.

Was able to track it down. All is resolved. Seems transaction was held midway? I get lost on the technical talk. I still recommend holding onto all cards and email communication until you use all your funds. Still it’s convenient to buy cards as you have the money or find a deal then combine into one through the website, just takes a keen eye and record keeping to not let technical errors rob you.
I put a sticky note on the back of each one saying when, how much & to wear it was transferred and throw it in a big envelope until after my trip. I once spent a Sat piecing together a couple shredded gift cards when I didn’t fully transfer $100, lesson learned!

That is exactly what I was told when my card showed as "invalid". Took 7 calls to get it resolved. One CM said it was frozen, another said it was held. Fixed but annoying the amount of calls it took.

I take pics/screen shots of all my cards. It's just easier to track that way. Just a question my money always shows moved right away, did the total revert? I dont want to make the same mistake.

I take pics/screen shots of all my cards. It's just easier to track that way. Just a question my money always shows moved right away, did the total revert? I dont want to make the same mistake.

I honestly don’t remember checking the amount on the card I transferred to. I just got the “transaction successful” or whatever the message is and left the website.

As with everything I do, I don’t take the time to make sure I do it right :( So maybe if I had I wouldn’t have been here now. Even when I try to make a better “system” to keep track of everything I get it halfway organized and then forget how I am doing it and make a bigger mess of things :sad2: That was why I loved the ease of adding then discarding these gift cards. Lesson learned.

What would ya'll recommend moving forward? I have not save receipts or amounts. I do save the cards themselves. I have everything on 2 cards now. What would be the best way to show this amount for record? screenshot? I will start saving receipts moving forward.

I honestly don’t remember checking the amount on the card I transferred to. I just got the “transaction successful” or whatever the message is and left the website.

As with everything I do, I don’t take the time to make sure I do it right :( So maybe if I had I wouldn’t have been here now. Even when I try to make a better “system” to keep track of everything I get it halfway organized and then forget how I am doing it and make a bigger mess of things :sad2: That was why I loved the ease of adding then discarding these gift cards. Lesson learned.
I love that you are so honest about yourself, I too catch myself in a hurry not taking my time to do things right. Not everyone will admit that. Thanks for taking your time to help us. $100 is a whole day at a park....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter