Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling Northeasterners: Shop Rite is doing the $10 back on next week's groceries when you buy a $50 GC, and Disney will be included next week. Buy $50 Disney GC starting 5/19, and redeem $10 store credit starting 5/26.

I've been waiting for this deal again! Groceries are as good as cash to me, and I love a guaranteed 20% discount. I'm going to see if I can borrow some family members' cards so I can do it more than once.

Do you know for a fact that you can only do it once per card? I know stop & shop says once per customer but have been able to buy several in separate transactions. Thanks!!

Today I went to one of the two BB&B stores in the area that have large gift card displays, to use a few Happy cards for Disney GCs. After the sale went through, without any problems, I asked the friendly cashier if I could purchase Disney GCs with BB&B GCs; her answer was that she did not see why I could not. I walked over to the display, grabbed a few Disney cards, and checked out - with the BB&B GCs. The transaction went through, without any delays or issues. Earlier this spring, I tried to do the same thing at the other BB&B store in the area that sells GCs, and got publicly lectured by an employee that it was not possible to pay with a GC - that would be money laundering. I also got called out by a customer, standing in another checkout line, who felt she had to offer her two cents. The store I went to today is the same one I went to several times , last year, with no issues using BB&B GCs for Disney cards. That store will be the only one I visit, from now on.

On a side note, the customer in front of me checked out her purchases (no GCs) with BB&B coupons - pulled from a very large envelope labeled as such. She pulled out one, two, three, four, five, six, SEVEN coupons; she stopped when the cashier told her she did not need any more!

Datapoint for Disney GC @ Meijer with the 10% off promo.

I was able to find one variable load card and checked out with my grocery order (in store). 10% came off of my bill ($50 on $500 load). As I was leaving I found a second card and went to customer service to check out. The coupon does not indicate 1x use and was still in my Mperks account. This time the 10% didn’t come off. Manager agreed to honor but I ended up with. $50 Meijer GC instead of the $50 coming off my order. Not a big deal at all since Meijer is our primary grocery store but just awareness you’re better to buy all in one transaction, up to $1000 in GC to avoid the hassle.

Wrong thread!

Last edited:
On a side note, the customer in front of me checked out her purchases (no GCs) with BB&B coupons - pulled from a very large envelope labeled as such. She pulled out one, two, three, four, five, six, SEVEN coupons; she stopped when the cashier told her she did not need any more!
This is very common. They allow you to use one BB&B coupon per item. You can even use expired ones.

Do you know for a fact that you can only do it once per card? I know stop & shop says once per customer but have been able to buy several in separate transactions. Thanks!!

Do you mean Stop and Shop or Shoprite? This one is at Shoprite, so it doesn't have to be loaded to the card. I don't know how it tracks.
I have not tried it more than once. If it goes through for you more than once, let me know - that would be a great data point.

Last edited:
Do you mean Stop and Shop or Shoprite? This one is at Shoprite, so it doesn't have to be loaded to the card. I don't know how it tracks.
I have not tried it more than once. If it goes through for you more than once, let me know - that would be a great data point.
I’m sorry if I was unclear. I was saying that stop & shops usually says once per person but I have always done it several times with the same card so I was wondering if shoprite was the same way. I’ll report back when I find out.

I’m sorry if I was unclear. I was saying that stop & shops usually says once per person but I have always done it several times with the same card so I was wondering if shoprite was the same way. I’ll report back when I find out.

Have you been able to do a deal that needs to be loaded onto your card more than once? I did all four Happy cards at Stop and Shop when they were on sale back in March, but didn't know I could do them more than once.

Today I went to one of the two BB&B stores in the area that have large gift card displays, to use a few Happy cards for Disney GCs. After the sale went through, without any problems, I asked the friendly cashier if I could purchase Disney GCs with BB&B GCs; her answer was that she did not see why I could not. I walked over to the display, grabbed a few Disney cards, and checked out - with the BB&B GCs. The transaction went through, without any delays or issues. Earlier this spring, I tried to do the same thing at the other BB&B store in the area that sells GCs, and got publicly lectured by an employee that it was not possible to pay with a GC - that would be money laundering. I also got called out by a customer, standing in another checkout line, who felt she had to offer her two cents. The store I went to today is the same one I went to several times , last year, with no issues using BB&B GCs for Disney cards. That store will be the only one I visit, from now on.

What is a Happy Card that you were able to use at Bed, Bath & Beyond? Also, the BB&B GC you used, did you buy them discounted somewhere else?

Have you been able to do a deal that needs to be loaded onto your card more than once? I did all four Happy cards at Stop and Shop when they were on sale back in March, but didn't know I could do them more than once.

ShopRite only allows these gift card deals ONCE per Price plus card. So if you want to partake of the deal more than once, you need to use another person's price plus card or sign up for multiple price plus cards yourself. Just realize, if you try to sign up for multiple price plus cards using the same name/address, their computer system matches the 2 together and doesn't actually make a new account. You need to give a different name and address. I just went in a few years ago and signed up with random names and addresses and now have 6 price plus cards, although some ShopRite's won't give you a priceplus card without showing ID.

Also, if you are going to use multiple price plus cards, you need to start splitting your orders up into multiples of $10 and probably going to different cashiers, so it will end up costing you more time.

Luckily, I had the latest Amex offer for $25 back on $100 at staples on 4 of my 5 Amex Blue Cards. (I have 5 cards, mine and 4 family members who are authorized users.) This is the free version of the Blue, not the preferred. Paying an annual fee has nothing to do with the likelihood of getting these offers. For those who don't have an Amex card, this is probably the card to start with - and then add on family members as authorized users as these deals are one per SS#.

If you want to sign up for the Business card, I would suggest the Amex SimplyCash. The current round of Amex offers on the business cards (Lowes, staples 10% back) ends on June 30, so there is a good chance a new one will crop up shortly after that.

What is a Happy Card that you were able to use at Bed, Bath & Beyond? Also, the BB&B GC you used, did you buy them discounted somewhere else?
I purchased the Happy cards at Meijer, which offered a 10% discount on the purchase of certain gift cards.

My BB&B GCs were from a redemption of credit card points; so, those gift cards cost me nothing out-of-pocket. Up until a few years ago, that CC used to allow me to redeem points for a Walmart GC, which could be used to purchase discounted Disney GCs at Sam's Club. Unfortunately, the Walmart GCs were dropped from the GCs available through my credit card points redemption program.

Luckily, I had the latest Amex offer for $25 back on $100 at staples on 4 of my 5 Amex Blue Cards. (I have 5 cards, mine and 4 family members who are authorized users.) This is the free version of the Blue, not the preferred. Paying an annual fee has nothing to do with the likelihood of getting these offers. For those who don't have an Amex card, this is probably the card to start with - and then add on family members as authorized users as these deals are one per SS#.

If you want to sign up for the Business card, I would suggest the Amex SimplyCash. The current round of Amex offers on the business cards (Lowes, staples 10% back) ends on June 30, so there is a good chance a new one will crop up shortly after that.

I just checked and my husband and I each have one of the $25 off for staples. Gong to order Disney gift cards! Yay!

ShopRite only allows these gift card deals ONCE per Price plus card. So if you want to partake of the deal more than once, you need to use another person's price plus card or sign up for multiple price plus cards yourself. Just realize, if you try to sign up for multiple price plus cards using the same name/address, their computer system matches the 2 together and doesn't actually make a new account. You need to give a different name and address. I just went in a few years ago and signed up with random names and addresses and now have 6 price plus cards, although some ShopRite's won't give you a priceplus card without showing ID.

Also, if you are going to use multiple price plus cards, you need to start splitting your orders up into multiples of $10 and probably going to different cashiers, so it will end up costing you more time.
Thank you. I was required to show ID when I signed up. I was hoping I could avoid the annoyance of borrowing cards from family members, but that’s still an option. Fingers crossed for a useful GC option soon.

Thank you. I was required to show ID when I signed up. I was hoping I could avoid the annoyance of borrowing cards from family members, but that’s still an option. Fingers crossed for a useful GC option soon.
Couldn't you just use their phone numbers to lookup PricePlus cards rather than borrowing the physical cards? Sometimes I don't feel like taking mine out of my wallet and just use my phone number LOL

Couldn't you just use their phone numbers to lookup PricePlus cards rather than borrowing the physical cards? Sometimes I don't feel like taking mine out of my wallet and just use my phone number LOL

I would still need to ask them to load the offers to their cards with Stop and Shop. With ShopRite, I could just use the phone numbers.

OMG so how does this work exactly? Can I buy $1000 in gift cards and get $200 gift card to shop rite? Can I do it in one transaction?

OMG so how does this work exactly? Can I buy $1000 in gift cards and get $200 gift card to shop rite? Can I do it in one transaction?

It all has to be in separate transactions. You buy a $50 GC, scan your store card (or type in your phone number to look it up), and then your receipt will print with a coupon for $10 to be used during the following week. You don't get a physical gift card to Shop Rite, and it is time sensitive. You must buy the GC during the promotion this week, and spend the voucher during the promotion next week. There are also several categories of exclusions, so you can't use the $10 voucher to buy another Disney Gift Card.

The language says "one per customer," and you have to scan your store card. I don't know if you can do it again in another transaction with the same store card, or if you'll just pay full price. You don't see the voucher until after you've paid and the register prints out your receipt. It also says non-transferable, so my assumption is that you can't redeem more than one voucher in a single transaction (because then you're obviously using someone else's voucher), but I have not tested this.

I tend to stop by Shop Rite on my way to pick up my kids after work and grab a few things for dinner, so it's really easy for me to both buy GCs and spend vouchers in multiple transactions. I have two Shop Rite accounts (one I started and one DH started), so I can do it at least twice.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the Chase Freedom Unlimited works, or does anyone have it? My cc is changing to this, so I've been trying to gather info. on what kinds of rewards it offers. I've never had a card that offers better cash back at certain types of stores during certain time periods. Is this one of those cards? Do they inform me every quarter, or do I need to look that info. up? Thank you to anyone who can decipher my questions, sorry it's a mess!

Does anyone know how the Chase Freedom Unlimited works, or does anyone have it? My cc is changing to this, so I've been trying to gather info. on what kinds of rewards it offers. I've never had a card that offers better cash back at certain types of stores during certain time periods. Is this one of those cards? Do they inform me every quarter, or do I need to look that info. up? Thank you to anyone who can decipher my questions, sorry it's a mess!
We have a chase freedom unlimited. It is not a rotating category card. It earns a flat 1.5% back on every purchase. If you prefer a rotating category card, you’d want the chase freedom which earns 5% on certain categories which change every quarter. The chase freedom earns 1% on all non-category purchases. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter