Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did check your Ebay messages inbox right? Today is the first time I had it show up there but not in the scrolling main page ad. So glad someone here pointed that out or I would have missed it.
Sadly, I did indeed check (repeatedly, since hope springs eternal), and no offer. I even tried another PC, just to make sure. No dice.

The $99 is not. He already had an existing ebay. I created a new one, in my name, to see if I could fix the PP problem. One of ebay recommendations was to use the account. Of course, they did not suggest I sign up for ebucks promos on that one too. I just did not know it was prohibited. Obviously, I'm dense and should have realized that would not be allowed. So, this $99 is in my name, in addition to my old, long-term ebay account which also has ebucks.
If it was me, I would take the risk, use the $99 and then never use the account again.

My Ebay Giftcards were active within 40 minutes of receiving my codes today. Has this been happening for others as well? It's a pretty nifty improvement over the 4 hour wait times of weeks past.

Yep, mine were delivered and active in less than an hour too!

If it was me, I would take the risk, use the $99 and then never use the account again.

Thank you for your thoughts. I no longer need the account since the 5k got lifted so I am planning to close it. I am leaning in the same direction of just using the ebucks and being done. I certainly don't want to get banned over $99 but surely, others are really abusing this much more than $99...

Sadly, I did indeed check (repeatedly, since hope springs eternal), and no offer. I even tried another PC, just to make sure. No dice.

I'm sorry. That really stinks since it seems most did get this promo. We have 3 ebay accts currently (will be closing one soon!) and all three got the promo today.

Thank you for your thoughts. I no longer need the account since the 5k got lifted so I am planning to close it. I am leaning in the same direction of just using the ebucks and being done. I certainly don't want to get banned over $99 but surely, others are really abusing this much more than $99...

I would be shocked if you would get a ban even if they noticed. Most likely for a first infraction, just a warning? But this is just me. I would hate to leave $100 on the table.

My ebates from my afternoon purchase at ebay hasn't gone thru yet either, but as I recall, it usually takes longer for the ebay ones to show up. I usually do Topcashback for Ebay purchases but went ebates this time. I'll put in a ticket if it doesn't show up tomorrow probably, but I expect it to come thru by then.
I've noticed that ebates will post after the GCs are shipped, so watch for that.

Since I couldn't place a 2nd order of TRGT gcs, I decided to read fine print on the 16% offer. It says *Fashion categories include: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Jewelry & Watches, and Health & Beauty.
The only things of interest I could find was Disney World clothing and Sensodyne toothpaste.

Standing in the corner, pouting and stomping my feet over not getting this offer (unless they have a 5x in a few days, then I will be rejoicing that all my Target cards aren't in transit)....
I know, I don't feel very good about myself right now. I am so happy for everyone but also pouting and miserable for not being invited to the party. Also a bit scared that there will be more offers that don't come my way.

So once you start getting the ebucks deals do most get them each time or does it just vary? Just wondering if we should use my account and DH account back and forth to continue to get the ebucks deals on both.

ETA this last deal was on the 15th and didn't use it and havne't gotten any since then. thanks

Last edited:
what gc do you tend to get with less than $20 ebucks? just trying to see what the best way to use them without putting too much oop

The first time I earned ebucks I only had about $25 so I bought a $25 GC from an individual seller that cost about $28 so I paid a few dollars OOP. Now, I would probably just pay the difference and get a $50 from GCM. However, if OOP money is an issue, there are people selling Target GC's and that might be your best bet. I have bought several from individual sellers and never had a problem.

So once you start getting the ebucks deals do most get them each time or does it just vary? Just wondering if we should use my account and DH account back and forth to continue to get the ebucks deals on both.

ETA this last deal was on the 15th and didn't use it and havne't gotten any since then. thanks

I cannot find rhyme or reason why some get the promos and some don't. DH & I both have accounts and it just varies who gets which. We both got the one today and the 5x one from last week. My account is well-used and his is not.

Since I couldn't place a 2nd order of TRGT gcs, I decided to read fine print on the 16% offer. It says *Fashion categories include: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Jewelry & Watches, and Health & Beauty.
The only things of interest I could find was Disney World clothing and Sensodyne toothpaste.
You didn't sound old when you mentioned the Rolodex. The Sensodyne on the other hand... :crazy:

I cannot find rhyme or reason why some get the promos and some don't. DH & I both have accounts and it just varies who gets which. We both got the one today and the 5x one from last week. My account is well-used and his is not.

My DH got the offer but I didn't this time around. I was actually going to try out the new no 5k limit thing on my account but wasn't able to. Mine is currently pretty close to maxed out.

.... eBay does limit the amount of gift cards used to pay to $1000 per transaction.
no limit, but cant use more than $1000 gift cards in one order
Hmm, no wonder I couldn't get my $1200 order to go thru, luckily I could change the number I wanted but had to make 3 orders to spend all my ebay cards, and extra shipping charges. I guess that was probably on $2 extra, but still, lol. Weird though, last 4x order I did,(maybe late feb, early mar?), I was able to put thru a $1200 order and $400 order. I couldn't pay more than $900 in one order today, but definitely used more than 8 cards. But, glad to hear there was a real reason at least.

I've noticed something on Ebates . . . if I make 2 separate Target purchases in the same day, the first purchase always credits, but the second one does not. I log out of everything entirely and start fresh before each purchase, but I never get credit for that second purchase. Next time, I'll try using my Ebates account for one purchase and my hubbie's Ebates account for the second.
Interesting, I do one order and then another, sometimes, and I just use a new link and they always credit.

I ordered a couple of ebay from Target today and they were active as soon as I went to use them. Another huge improvement! My, oh my, can this churning game get any better lol!?! SO, here is my breakdown from today. I bought $1,950 Target earning $156 in ebucks plus cashback, which should be almost $20 (ebates). Paid all with GC's. Such a good churning day :)
*And* I already got the shipment notice from GCM so maybe someone was over there working today!!
This churning is awesome, at the moment, lol! And you're right, a good churning day! I did the exact same amount as you did, lol, and with ebates(still waiting to show up). So thankful to get to use her account and get in on the tail end of this Ebay quarter, woohoo! Like another poster said, it's just icing on the cake! Great timing!
But, I am at the $500 ebucks limit on my account, so couldn't use it anyway so wonder if that puts you off list maybe? Though, I did get last weeks promo on mine, but thought maybe it caught up to fact that I couldn't use them anyway on my account. Wouldn't really make sense to be offered them if I couldn't use them, I guess.

Sorry you didn't get this offer, it's definitely hard not to get it and know what you're missing out on! I was sad last week when I got it and couldn't use it because of $500 limit and $5000, that was frustrating, but not getting would be worse. Reminded me of myself last week checking DD's account for the two days.

....I am leaning in the same direction of just using the ebucks and being done. I certainly don't want to get banned over $99 but surely, others are really abusing this much more than $99...
I would just let it go, see if you get the bucks after Mar 31st, use them, then be done. You didn't know when you did it anyway, if they ask about it. But, I bet they won't even catch it.
My DH got the offer but I didn't this time around. I was actually going to try out the new no 5k limit thing on my account but wasn't able to. Mine is currently pretty close to maxed out.
Yeah, mine was maxed last week, but today it worked pretty good (but for the $1000 limit per order, lol).

Last edited:
Has anyone had this situation?

I opened a new eBay and PayPal for my hubby before the 5k cap was lifted on eBay. This is brand new. New eBay (he's never had one) and new PayPal with different credit card and bank account linked. He is 100% verified on PayPal.

Yesterday his account got the 4x offer and mine didn't, so I decided to churn through his account.

I placed one order for $900. No problems.

So yesterday afternoon I got my shipment from GCM of $800. I read here that we should probably go all in on this offer because there probably wouldn't be another before the end of the month. I ran out to Target and converted the $800 to eBay and tried to place another $900 order. It let me enter all of the GCs and then wouldn't let me log into PayPal. I got a few different error messages. We had a hiccup...we are unable to process...and some others worded a little differently, but basically the same. I cleared cookies and cache and changed browsers. Even tried my tablet thinking a different device might help. Nothing. I probably tried 4 or 5 times and once this morning. Won't go.

I guess it's because his account is new?? But I haven't called. He'll probably have to do that.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the GCs that are now linked to his account. I read a couple of stories that sometimes these errors never get straightened out. PayPal blames eBay and eBay blames PayPal and you never get anywhere. I'm worried that those GCs are now linked to his account because they let me enter them and I may never have access to this money.

Anyone have a similar issue and was it resolved? Sorry for such a long post. I swear...I have more trouble with this stuff. I've read every page and "think" I know what I'm doing, but I sure have a lot of problems!

Has anyone had this situation?

I opened a new eBay and PayPal for my hubby before the 5k cap was lifted on eBay. This is brand new. New eBay (he's never had one) and new PayPal with different credit card and bank account linked. He is 100% verified on PayPal.

Yesterday his account got the 4x offer and mine didn't, so I decided to churn through his account.

I placed one order for $900. No problems.

So yesterday afternoon I got my shipment from GCM of $800. I read here that we should probably go all in on this offer because there probably wouldn't be another before the end of the month. I ran out to Target and converted the $800 to eBay and tried to place another $900 order. It let me enter all of the GCs and then wouldn't let me log into PayPal. I got a few different error messages. We had a hiccup...we are unable to process...and some others worded a little differently, but basically the same. I cleared cookies and cache and changed browsers. Even tried my tablet thinking a different device might help. Nothing. I probably tried 4 or 5 times and once this morning. Won't go.

I guess it's because his account is new?? But I haven't called. He'll probably have to do that.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the GCs that are now linked to his account. I read a couple of stories that sometimes these errors never get straightened out. PayPal blames eBay and eBay blames PayPal and you never get anywhere. I'm worried that those GCs are now linked to his account because they let me enter them and I may never have access to this money.

Anyone have a similar issue and was it resolved? Sorry for such a long post. I swear...I have more trouble with this stuff. I've read every page and "think" I know what I'm doing, but I sure have a lot of problems!
Is his new PayPal account verified? That could be your problem right there. I believe that the limit on unverified accounts is $500, even if you're paying with GCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter