Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just checked BJ's, have bought from them a few times and just this last week, and now it says "SOLDOUT ONLINE".....Has this happened before and do they replenish?

Can someone who’s used MasterCard GCs at Best Buy tell me if I need to use the last 4 digits of the card as my “pin” when I purchase with it? I know I did when I used VGC. Just trying to avoid the cashier seeing the card at all since they have made comments to me before about it technically being a “GC to a GC” purchase. I did it anyways lol

The U.S. Bank Mastercards have a scratch off on the back of the card (bottom, lower left) for the PIN number. I'm not sure about the new Metabank Mastercards but if it is the same as the Metabank Visa's the default PIN is the last 4 digits of the card number.

It may be different in other states but where I live the s&s gas stations are the same price as the surrounding stations and are in the same parking lot at the grocery store.
I agree it's not the same as an amex offer or getting straight cash back. This is why I said I would only be doing it twice as I don't drive that much. I felt the same way with the in store Best Buy offer. My closest BB is a good 25 minutes away and wasn't worth the hassle.

In New jersey, the Shell stations are usually 25 to 30 cents more than everyone else. Also, while the station is generally near the grocery store, that only helps if your gas tank is empty at the time you are going shopping. Back when I used to do the gas points, trying to have your gas tank empty at the time you were passing that gas station was a big hassle.

After reading here, I researched it on the internet and confirmed that you can email the gentleman listed in the previous posts. I had a BJs online account from black Friday last year, but had never received any emails. After emailing with them, I was advised that I could place an order and then email them my order #. The bulk price is what is previously posted. I purchased 35 $150 gift card sets because that set offered the highest discount. So basically, it was $11.50 off per set. I have a 0% credit card rate that is good for a year, so while I am not getting any additional rewards, I am not being charged interest and didn't foot the bill upfront.

I will consolidate them on the Disney gift card website before calling in my payment for our planned trip. I am ok having this amount in D gc because it is being used.

Is this still available and what is the lowest amount to get the bulk discount?

Thank you for the replies! As you both said, it posted today, the day after it was listed. Now I know for future!
Just an FYI for Disney gift cards; the website states you get free shipping on gift cards to US addresses (no code required).
Online, yes. I don't think you even need to wait for pending. You can do each deal 3 times in each month for each RMN account you have. If you and your spouse both have RMN accounts, you could do an online deal 6 times total.
In store, you need to wait for the first one to go to approved, not just pending, before you can reload and do it again. And make sure you link it again, because if you just go and buy with the same CC at the same store, but haven't gone into the RMN site and reactivated the offer, it won't work.
How long is the RMN for shopDisney taking everyone? I used it yesterday and my wallet just says offer activated, waiting for shopDisney to let us know you made a purchase.

My RMN purchase from 3/20 says they will do their party by 5/3. Ummm, does it really take that long? Sheesh!

In New jersey, the Shell stations are usually 25 to 30 cents more than everyone else. Also, while the station is generally near the grocery store, that only helps if your gas tank is empty at the time you are going shopping. Back when I used to do the gas points, trying to have your gas tank empty at the time you were passing that gas station was a big hassle.
I hear you. We have shell stations here too that are included in the program and they are way More expensive than the going rate. I guess we are lucky that our stores have the gas stations right in the same parking lot. I never use it the shell stations, they are a rip off. My car can take the 20+ gallons and it's not a big deal to wait to fill it until it's empty.
I much prefer when they have the buy $100 in gift cards and get $20 off of groceries but I'll take what I can get when it comes to discount gift cards.

so you guys are saying that even though it says gift cards are excluded the RMN deal still works?

I’m assuming so since so many post about it but I was wondering the same thing

RMN offers are YMMV. Some have posted receiving cash back (after 45 days) and others are not so lucky. No data as to why, so be careful not to sink too much $ into them.

RMN offers are YMMV. Some have posted receiving cash back (after 45 days) and others are not so lucky. No data as to why, so be careful not to sink too much $ into them.
When it shows as ‘pending’ is that indication that it will post? Or is there still the chance they will decide within the pending period that you will not receive it?

When it shows as ‘pending’ is that indication that it will post? Or is there still the chance they will decide within the pending period that you will not receive it?

Yes, they can claw back the $. A pending is not the same as $ deposited to your paypal account. ;)

EDIT: It's so YMMV I don't bother with them. It's not a risk I'm willing to take. If I use cash back websites it's to purchase merchandise not GC's.

Yes, they can claw back the $. A pending is not the same as $ deposited to your paypal account. ;)

EDIT: It's so YMMV I don't bother with them. It's not a risk I'm willing to take. If I use cash back websites it's to purchase merchandise not GC's.
TThanks!

I really like having the card when we went last year. You're also able to get into any Landry's restaurant without a reservation. This was helpful one night when we changed plans and decided to go to Disney Springs. They also have the manager come talk to you a couple times throughout the meal. My parents felt like real VIPS :) :)

You also earn points on any money spent at Landry's restaurants.
Just back from a trip to Disneyland and OMG THAT BENEFIT IS PURE GOLD! We went to Bubba Gumps the day before our trip on a Sunday evening and when we got there the place was packed. The couple in front of us were quoted a 2 hour wait time. We showed the Landry’s card and were immediately sent in to be seated. Took about 3 mins after hitting the podium. We were longer waiting in line at the hostess podium!

This benefit is only good for parties of 6 or less. Read the fine print on the website before depending on this benefit as not all restaurants participate. Fwiw it appeared to me the Bubba Gumps in Anaheim holds a few table open for members at all times. It was a very different experience from Rainforest Cafe AK where we waited in the like waiting pen area for 15-20 mins with the card.

I’m in NY, and by me, the Shell stations are about 10-12 cents per gal more expensive, but I’ve found ways to offset that.

One, they have a rewards program that knocks a nickel off.

Two, if you use gift cards to pay, many stations give you the cash price, saving about 6 cents there.

Three, I get the gas cards discounted, either at BB or from my gas rewards at Tops.

Four, awhile back, I invested in a 5 gal gas can to bring along for those times when I’m not 20 gal low. They can pay for themselves quickly when you have a big discount.

Now, I realize a good bit of what you’re saying is “it’s not worth the hassle,” and nothing I’ve said makes it anywhere close to the ease of having your CC automatically refund part of your purchase. But to people who have the ability or desire to maximize every deal, there are ways to make it worth.

Just back from a trip to Disneyland and OMG THAT BENEFIT IS PURE GOLD! We went to Bubba Gumps the day before our trip on a Sunday evening and when we got there the place was packed. The couple in front of us were quoted a 2 hour wait time. We showed the Landry’s card and were immediately sent in to be seated. Took about 3 mins after hitting the podium. We were longer waiting in line at the hostess podium!

This benefit is only good for parties of 6 or less. Read the fine print on the website before depending on this benefit as not all restaurants participate. Fwiw it appeared to me the Bubba Gumps in Anaheim holds a few table open for members at all times. It was a very different experience from Rainforest Cafe AK where we waited in the like waiting pen area for 15-20 mins with the card.
DH wouldn't believe me about this benefit until it we got to use it at Yak n Yeti last Fall. He was stressing until we walked up and they were like, right this way! Even with the crowd. Similar to your experience - longer to get to the hostess stand! There were some people waiting that were just getting seated as we got our entrees.

DH wouldn't believe me about this benefit until it we got to use it at Yak n Yeti last Fall. He was stressing until we walked up and they were like, right this way! Even with the crowd. Similar to your experience - longer to get to the hostess stand! There were some people waiting that were just getting seated as we got our entrees.
So you didnt have an ADR at Y&Y? I made an ADR for our Sept trip so I wondered if I needed to sign up for Landry Rewards too......I haven't been following the discussion.

Exactly, we had the same thing happen for us when we were there a few weeks ago. Love it!

So you didnt have an ADR at Y&Y? I made an ADR for our Sept trip so I wondered if I needed to sign up for Landry Rewards too......I haven't been following the discussion.
I didn't make one (well did originally but cancelled) since we did Landry's rewards. We've done two previous times at YnY before getting the Landrys card. Both were with ADRs and we waited ~20mins each time, at not terribly busy times. But with the Landry's card we just walked up when we were ready for lunch, no ADR, and were seated in less than 5mins.

Really, I should have signed up for a Landry's card in 2016. We were trying to eat at the Bubba Gump at Santa Monica pier and the line was crazy! I bet it took over 15min just to get to the hostess stand, hour wait... meanwhile there were Landrys members even able to skip the checkin line at that restaurant and be seated immediately lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter