Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a confirmation email that my order from BJ's is processing and I will receive another email when it ships. I ordered late Friday night. 20 of the $50. We shall see. Thanks for all this great information. I'm going to come back over to the saving side. I used to run deals when Target had "entertainment cards". That was amazing. But I like creative amazingness too. Thanks everyone!

FYI for HD self-checkout: comment on DoC said they required cashier approval last go around at self-checkout when purchasing $50. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...r-more-11-25-18-until-12-1-18/#comment-678079 They got approval but that could turn YMMV very fast. I’ll use this as a reminder- DON’T BUY MORE THAN YOU CAN SPEND ON SOMETHING BESIDES GIFT CARDS. It’ll be a pain in the rear but eventually I’d spend the money organically at HD so I’m all in.

My store (and I think most of yours) didn’t do this so maybe this approval is being phased out with system upgrades? We have a brand new system of scan guns, huge screens & no scales at my store.
I recently unloaded a bunch of happy at HD. I think the consensus is over $100 total flags a staff member. I purchased x2 $50 gc at self checkout but rang it up as 2 separate purchases at a time. Worked with no issues.

FYI for HD self-checkout: comment on DoC said they required cashier approval last go around at self-checkout when purchasing $50. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...r-more-11-25-18-until-12-1-18/#comment-678079 They got approval but that could turn YMMV very fast. I’ll use this as a reminder- DON’T BUY MORE THAN YOU CAN SPEND ON SOMETHING BESIDES GIFT CARDS. It’ll be a pain in the rear but eventually I’d spend the money organically at HD so I’m all in.

My store (and I think most of yours) didn’t do this so maybe this approval is being phased out with system upgrades? We have a brand new system of scan guns, huge screens & no scales at my store.

Used a Happy Guy GC yesterday to purchase a $50 Disney GC with no problems at self checkout. Bought the $150 one at OD today and required approval which she wouldn't do. Will go back tomorrow or to a different store to try in increments of $50.

I didn't see it in the ad in our paper either, but I did find it in the online weekly ad for my local store.
UPDATE: I went to the local Office Max and purchased the $150 Happy Guy GC. Went right to the HD and it worked. Used the self checkout and it alerted the cashier, who wanted to see my drivers license to verify me. No problem. She pushed a button and I was out the door. Don't know how my drivers license is connected to the Happy G GC because I paid cash at OM. Going back tomorrow for another Happy G.

It depends what type of self checkout your home depot has... I find the ones with the hand scanner would not ring up the gift card without approval, however a different home depot that had a regular glass scanner at the self checkout allowed me to ring up the gift card with no problem.

It depends what type of self checkout your home depot has... I find the ones with the hand scanner would not ring up the gift card without approval, however a different home depot that had a regular glass scanner at the self checkout allowed me to ring up the gift card with no problem.
No. Hand gun scanner at mine, never needed approval. Did $50 cards. Maybe it’s a threshold individual stores can set for themselves?

No. Hand gun scanner at mine, never needed approval. Did $50 cards. Maybe it’s a threshold individual stores can set for themselves?
I was at a home depot today with a hand gun scanner, it wouldn't even recognize one $50 gift card without an associate approval. The home depot I went to few weeks ago without a hand scanner rang up with no problem. I don't think its an amount issue, I think it has something to do with different types of self checkouts or maybe some have an updated software version?

UPDATE: I went to the local Office Max and purchased the $150 Happy Guy GC. Went right to the HD and it worked. Used the self checkout and it alerted the cashier, who wanted to see my drivers license to verify me. No problem. She pushed a button and I was out the door. Don't know how my drivers license is connected to the Happy G GC because I paid cash at OM. Going back tomorrow for another Happy G.

Mine wanted to see my drivers license and the card used. She then said that I can't use a gift card to purchase a gift card and wouldn't approve it.

Mine wanted to see my drivers license and the card used. She then said that I can't use a gift card to purchase a gift card and wouldn't approve it.
Point out the fine print on the bottom that states to use it as credit, not a gift card. Once the cashier read that, she approved my transaction with no issues.

UPDATE: Used the self checkout and it alerted the cashier, who wanted to see my drivers license to verify me. No problem. She pushed a button and I was out the door. Don't know how my drivers license is connected to the Happy G GC because I paid cash at OM.

I believe the common method for fraud is to use a stolen CC to purchase a GC and then use that GC to buy a "clean" GC, which is can't easily be traced back to the stolen CC. A person who stole a CC to buy a GC would not want his/her driver's license examined in conjunction with the GC purchased with a stolen CC.

I ordered 14 $25 Uber GC from Bj's on Nov. 20th, and they are still processing. Now, this is not the first large order of GC I've done at Bj's, and all my orders have been over 3. I'm wondering if it's taking longer because of the sale, and there is a massive amount of shoppers, or if I'm going to get an email like some of you cancelling my order. I'm no stranger to Bj's taking a bit to process sometimes, and all my orders have always gone through (I've ordered 15 and 20 $100 GC at a time before). Can't imagine why all of a sudden they are cracking down on the limit, but I will be rather unhappy if they end up cancelling my order now, after it's been processing for days - and making me reorder. I need those for a trip, so I hope they don't push it too much longer! I'll keep you all posted.
Update: I got my shipment confirmation today! I was a little worried, since I ordered 14 GC that were on sale. I checked today to see if they still had some in stock, they are out of the Uber - so I wouldn't have been able to reorder in smaller batches if it hadn't worked out. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter