Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Target.com website trick that allowed you to pretend you were using a RedCard, then allowed you to switch to another payment method no longer work?

I remember I used to do this back in the day when using Target Cards to pay for Disney Giftcards.

If this works you can get 10% off using 5% from the Red Card as well as the Chase Freedom 5% for paypal.
Died a couple years ago :(

Died a couple years ago :(
Dang : ( . Sorry to hear that this is gone, I was really looking forward to using this. I really want to avoid individual transactions and scanning at BestBuy.

So Target only offers the 5% discount then I take it? Can you even use Discounted Target Cards on top of the 5% RedCard discount anymore like the old days?

Dang : ( . Sorry to hear that this is gone, I was really looking forward to using this. I really want to avoid individual transactions and scanning at BestBuy.

So Target only offers the 5% discount then I take it? Can you even use Discounted Target Cards on top of the 5% RedCard discount anymore like the old days?
BB deal isn't for everyone :) Imho Target at 5% is better than nothing and super easy. And nope, everything good about the good ole days of Target/Disney is basically dead except you get 5% off whatever purchase amount is charged to your RedCard, pay with anything else (gift cards or another credit card), and you get nothing off.

I think my local Best Buy may ban me. Just used the swagbucks qr, a Best Buy e-gift card, five $5 Best Buy gift cards (thanks @ pillow for the idea on how to maximize my Amex Apple Pay offer) and chase pay to buy an Xbox gift card and a Disney gift card. The cashier was not amused.

BB deal isn't for everyone :) Imho Target at 5% is better than nothing and super easy. And nope, everything good about the good ole days of Target/Disney is basically dead except you get 5% off whatever purchase amount is charged to your RedCard, pay with anything else (gift cards or another credit card), and you get nothing off.
Thanks for the info! I have a ways to go before I want to do my vacation but am looking at my options. I am contemplating just showing up to BB at opening when it is light. Too bad about Target but all good things come to an end I suppose.

Can Swagbucks be despoited to a bank account or can the points only be used for more GCs?

Thank You

I think my local Best Buy may ban me. Just used the swagbucks qr, a Best Buy e-gift card, five $5 Best Buy gift cards (thanks @ pillow for the idea on how to maximize my Amex Apple Pay offer) and chase pay to buy an Xbox gift card and a Disney gift card. The cashier was not amused.

Uh oh. Maybe we need to coordinate our visits!?!? I was in there this afternoon also. I did 3 x $50 transactions (printed QR code for each) and paid with 8 gift cards total. My cashier could not have been nicer!

Thanks for the info! I have a ways to go before I want to do my vacation but am looking at my options. I am contemplating just showing up to BB at opening when it is light. Too bad about Target but all good things come to an end I suppose.

Can Swagbucks be despoited to a bank account or can the points only be used for more GCs?

Thank You
Mine get deposited in my bank. I cash out for PayPal.

Thank You

You can redeem for Paypal which then can be deposited into your bank account. You just need a paypal account.

Does the Target.com website trick that allowed you to pretend you were using a RedCard, then allowed you to switch to another payment method no longer work?

I remember I used to do this back in the day when using Target Cards to pay for Disney Giftcards.

If this works you can get 10% off using 5% from the Red Card as well as the Chase Freedom 5% for paypal.
The trick still works, but not for gift cards. You can’t use a gift card to purchase a gift card online.

The trick still works, but not for gift cards. You can’t use a gift card to purchase a gift card online.
But you only get 5% off on what is charged to your red card I thought. You used to get 5% off even if you paid exclusively with gift cards.

Which method are you using? I just tried to do this for Paypal (get red card discount but use paypal), but it would update the total to take away the discount as soon as I confirmed my info in Paypal. Thank you.

Which method are you using? I just tried to do this for Paypal (get red card discount but use paypal), but it would update the total to take away the discount as soon as I confirmed my info in Paypal. Thank you.
The trick only ever worked with gift cards as far as I know.

Bah. Didn't realize it would talk so long to get my BB giftcard from them. Despite being downtown Houston, there are no relatively easy BB for me to get to so I'd planned it into my day to go tomorrow. Gotta have a GC to make it work though :scared:

It worked on anything if you switched from red card to gift card. That’s all I remember. I only paid with gift cards.
Sorry, my statement wasn’t clear. We’re agreeing. It worked on any purchase when paying with a gift card. I believe it still works, but since you can’t purchase gift cards with gift cards, it’s not as lucrative. You can only get the loophole deal on merchandise.

Last edited:
Sorry, my statement wasn’t clear. We’re agreeing. It worked on any purchase when paying with a gift card. I believe it still works, but since you can’t purchase gift cards with gift cards, it’s not as lucrative. You can only get the loophole deal on merchandise.

I have not experienced that. DS had a target GC and we used it and my red card for a game and not only did the 5% not come off, it didn't even come off the difference. I was annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter