Disney Genie announcement

Taking a trip with Daughter/SIL/2 grandkids....will we be able to somehow alert Genie that we are a party of 6 and all our rides should be scheduled together as a group??.....

I don’t think I have seen this answer. Has anyone seen when you can book your second ILL attraction, if you can really only book one at 7am? Will that leave a strong chance that we can really only book one because the 2nd might be sold out when we can book another?
I asked a similar question on page 133 of this thread and I’m still waiting for someone to confirm (with reference to info from Disney) one way or another. I read it as you book 1 ILL at 7 and then I’m not sure when you get to book the next. Unfortunately, I don’t think we will know most of these details until the first day when actual first hand reports start rolling in.

Anyone have ideas how to make either Genie+ or individual attractions work with rider swap? I suppose I could just break the Genie+ and individual attractions up into different groups of people, but if my older daughter wants to re-ride that wouldn't be feasible.

Anyone have ideas how to make either Genie+ or individual attractions work with rider swap? I suppose I could just break the Genie+ and individual attractions up into different groups of people, but if my older daughter wants to re-ride that wouldn't be feasible.
These details have not been released. I'm hoping it works like current rider swap but truly, nobody knows at this time.

I asked a similar question on page 133 of this thread and I’m still waiting for someone to confirm (with reference to info from Disney) one way or another. I read it as you book 1 ILL at 7 and then I’m not sure when you get to book the next. Unfortunately, I don’t think we will know most of these details until the first day when actual first hand reports start rolling in.
Obviously just a guess, but I’d bet since you are limited to 2 for the day that you can book both at 7am.

Have any Genie-pigs received any info direct from Disney? I check in on the 17th, and have park reservations on the 18th and 19th and nothing from Disney. No email, no pop up notifications, no notes on the "my plans" section of MDE. I've been following along here and actively searching out info from other sources, but I can't believe they aren't reaching out to guests

Given that Disney has made a point of saying that you can book "your first" ILL at 7:00 (or park opening for offsite), it seems that you cannot book both at the same time. But that does indeed run the risk of the slots all selling out before you tap in for your first ride. Thus, by the time you are eligible to purchase your second one, the opportunity is gone. And that seems stupid and unfair. I suspect that Disney is doing it this way in order to try to make sure that everyone has a chance to purchase at least one ILL, even on the most crowded days. But I think there is a good chance that they will receive so much push-back that they will change this.

Have any Genie-pigs received any info direct from Disney? I check in on the 17th, and have park reservations on the 18th and 19th and nothing from Disney. No email, no pop up notifications, no notes on the "my plans" section of MDE. I've been following along here and actively searching out info from other sources, but I can't believe they aren't reaching out to guests

I arrive the 18th, and am in the same boat with regard to utter and complete radio silence!

I don't think Disney will ever come out with an official statement in regard to whether both ILL$ choices can be scheduled right at 7 AM (for onsite) or the first ILL$ needs to be used before the 2nd can be booked. It's likely to end up that we learn from first-hand reports.
I think Genie+ rider swap will be handled the same way it was with FP+ with the exception that only 1 additional rider can accompany the person who sat out.

ILL$ is anybody guess. On one hand, one would like it to work like rider swap did under FP+, but when each seat in an ILL$ attraction is valued up to $11 per person, "giving away" a seat might go against the mouse's nature. It's another way & see question.

Hmmm never thought about that being a goal on their part. :upsidedow

In July DS1 and I wore our MagicBands, DH used a hard ticket and DS2, DD & SIL used their iPhones with the app. MB and hard ticket were very fast, the iPhone scan was slow to get it to pick up. Last thing I want to do is use Magic Mobile for my ticket. We will continue with our MB - nothing to do but lift our arms.
I am visually impaired and using MB is so much easier as compared to having to put on my readers and getting my phone out.

yes what this system is- is a in real Time system. You are right. If you aren't rope dropping then you won't have a reason to book at 7am. At 7am return times are going to be for the first hour the park is open. You are correct you will want to watch the times for when you think you will get into the parks.
If I can offer reassurance tho- this is exactly how maxpass worked and I never felt like I couldn't enjoy my mornings we weren't rope dropping. It also mean that while we were at breakfast or whatever - that I could start stacking them for when we would be in the park. The same strategy works for mid day breaks.

Well - that still means you are tied to your phone not only more - but with more pressure than before. While that strategy worked for many of the less popular rides - there were a handful where the times accellerated very rapidly in the beginning of the day. You'll see that even more so at DW almost certainly. I don't thing someone's idea of a pleasant morning is having to constantly monitor the phone to see when their rides have hit a 1pm return time in the morning and have to keep scanning down the list to make decisions do you take one ride that has hit 1pm or wait until the ride you were hoping to ride hits 1pm. This is the exact opposite of everything Disney has been telling everyone about how this system takes the pressure off. Only ropedroppers up at 7am have a bit of ability to plan without having to constantly monitor a phone. We'll see in a week - but I highly doubt you're going to be able to start stacking at breakfast at WDW for anything but the least popular rides.

I thought the wording by Disney explicitly said that you can book IA "one at a time," which to me, means you cannot book both at 7:00am...
To me it sounded like you can only book once for one time period, but can book and pay for both. If I booked a LL at MK and wanted to park hop to Epcot, I can’t book Space and SDMT? I should be able to book both, but I guess I have more options at epcot if I’m hopping, but I might not get Remy if I can’t book my Epcot LL until 2 pm (BG would be out of question as I can’t tap in by 1).

I want to really knowing I can schedule my first genie+ pass at say 11 am and get ready at a relaxed pace. I also have some breakfast reservations.

Still not what I was referring to (not even close). But that's ok.
So what were you referring to? I mean - I went back and looked and you bolded the comment about ROTR and then said it was often regarded as the best theme park ride in the world. @Jonfw2 made the point that you don't have to pay 15 dollars but that's not what was originally stated (someone said it was a one and done for them) and someone else pointed out they didn't feel they'd pay 15 dollars for something already experienced (whereas you state you will). So what are you trying to get

Last night I was reading an article (on disney tourist blog?) that said :

"The system should allow both to be booked simultaneously, as they work independently of one another, and each have their own cost."
Right--I'm ONLY talking about the IA piece--you can book 2 attractions per day, but "one at a time." To me, that means you can only book 1 of the 2 at 7:00 am, but...who knows?

I want to really knowing I can schedule my first genie+ pass at say 11 am and get ready at a relaxed pace. I also have some breakfast reservations.

You can - but you may be locked out of a bunch of rides or find you can't get a return time until late afternoon. And the problem also is - the only way to know whether making your first pass at 11am will screw you over is to monitor the app earlier . . . yes - this is getting very circular . . .

Presumably we'll have some data after a while that gives you an approximate idea of what rides sell out at what times and how fast reservations move forward for different rides . . .but again - you've now created a system where if you don't want to be up at 7am and ropedrop (and actually care about what you want to do that day and being able to take advantage of Genie+) you need to a do a whole lot more research prior to your trip to know how you'll need to schedule rides to plan a day around a non-ropedrop schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter