Disney Free Dining Package Question

anb163

Mouseketeer
Last year, I was at Disney in September, and I booked a bounceback free dining package for this September for three people. However, I now have a fourth person who wants to go, and I called Disney, and they said I could add her to my package with free dining. However, I wanted to book two rooms, but the agent on the phone said I could not do that. I could only have her in the one room I booked last year to keep free dining. Does anyone know if that is definitely true? Is there anyway to book two rooms and keep free dining for all of us? We could stay in one room if we have to, but it would be much more convenient to have two. Thanks for your help.

They are correct. You could have booked a second room when you initially booked, but since you only did one, one is all you get. You can add people, drop people, change tickets or length of stay (subject to availability) but your lead guest has to stay the same.

I don't know if it would save you any money but could you get a second room and upgrade the first room to deluxe dining and split the meals and cost between all four of you?

Thanks for your help. I just wanted to make sure they were correct. That's disappointing, but we will make it work. I will look into the deluxe dining advice.

Why not add the 4th person to your room, with free dining, and then book a second room, under a separate MDE account?

Book the second room with two adults and two children, so you all get an extra set of magic bands to open the second room. Even if both rooms are on the same MDE account, they can't program a single magic band to open multiple guest rooms, and they cannot guarantee that rooms will be adjoining (at least, they couldn't when i was at Pop last year). So there is no real disadvantage to booking the second room under a different MDE account.

Thanks. I had actually thought of doing that earlier today, but I wasn't sure if it could somehow affect my free dining package. Sounds like I can just book it under a different account, and there will be no problems. I'll try that.

I have never booked a bounceback, I am going this summer and hope to book a bounceback for a large family trip. Would I be able to book 5 rooms or just the 2 for my family? Do all rooms need to be booked for the same length of stay? Some people were going to go over to
Universal for 2 nights.
Thanks!

I have never booked a bounceback, I am going this summer and hope to book a bounceback for a large family trip. Would I be able to book 5 rooms or just the 2 for my family? Do all rooms need to be booked for the same length of stay? Some people were going to go over to
Universal for 2 nights.
Thanks!

You cannot book bounceback reservations for someone who is not with you at the time you book bounceback offers...the offer is only available for people actually staying at WDW. You can book a separate room for all ADULTS (18+) listed on your reservation at the time of your stay, but each one of them would have to be listed as the lead guest on each separate room, and you cannot change the lead guest on the rooms later on and keep the bounceback offer.

So, basically, if just you and your spouse are over 18 on your upcoming summer trip, you could only book two bounceback rooms...and you would have to be the lead guest on one room, and your spouse would have to be the lead guest on the other room...and you cannot change that down the road.

All rooms do not have to be booked for the same length of stay, as each reservation is its own entity. But, they do have to follow the terms of the bounceback offer.

The new person could get their own room and you could pretend they are in your room for $25 a day. The $25 a day is well worth the ability to get "free" dining - better than out of pocket or adding the dining plan to the new room.

Why not add the 4th person to your room, with free dining, and then book a second room, under a separate MDE account?

Book the second room with two adults and two children, so you all get an extra set of magic bands to open the second room. Even if both rooms are on the same MDE account, they can't program a single magic band to open multiple guest rooms, and they cannot guarantee that rooms will be adjoining (at least, they couldn't when i was at Pop last year). So there is no real disadvantage to booking the second room under a different MDE account.

Simple solution - love it.

You cannot book bounceback reservations for someone who is not with you at the time you book bounceback offers...the offer is only available for people actually staying at WDW. You can book a separate room for all ADULTS (18+) listed on your reservation at the time of your stay, but each one of them would have to be listed as the lead guest on each separate room, and you cannot change the lead guest on the rooms later on and keep the bounceback offer.

So, basically, if just you and your spouse are over 18 on your upcoming summer trip, you could only book two bounceback rooms...and you would have to be the lead guest on one room, and your spouse would have to be the lead guest on the other room...and you cannot change that down the road.

All rooms do not have to be booked for the same length of stay, as each reservation is its own entity. But, they do have to follow the terms of the bounceback offer.

I was in Disney last September and was able to book 3 rooms on bounceback. I was the only lead guest returning this year. I was also assured I would be able to change names, drop rooms, etc as long as my name stayed on one of the reservations.

I've heard other reports from last year all who were able to book extra rooms on BB. I think they changed it to make it more flexible last year. But you have to do it at the time of bounceback which means OP can only do the 2nd room as a room-only (unless she can book it when the 2017 free dining offers roll out, which would solve her problems entirely).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter