• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Forward?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Is Disney Forward still a thing, is it still happening in California? I haven’t heard anything about this for sometime now

When are we likely to hear further news on ‘Disneyland Forward’ to expansion in L.A? I’ve looked on the internet and the Disney Forward website but been no news since the announcement. Im not up on knowing about council approvals etc in USA as I’m from uk so I don’t know if it’s a slow process etc?

It's going to be multiple years before we the public will see anything.

Disneyland Forward is a project to get the areas that are not currently Zoned for Theme Park Use (ie, current areas of the resort are zoned as Hotel, Dining, Retail etc) to be re-zoned for a more general TPU and the Disneyland Forward website is a 'more of a 'look what we could do, if we were allowed to have this land re-zoned with no firm commitments of what exactly will go here'.

It's going to be at least 2 years before they would even get the approvals to change zoning and then after, they will try to figure out what to do with the space and release details further towards 2030 is my best guess.

Hope that helps! Don't wait to plan a trip once the travel ban has lifted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter