• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney for 9 days!! passes or bracelets to let you in the park

debbiet1

DIS Veteran
We are going to be at Disney for 9 days in December. Last time we were there was just 1 day at Magic Kingdom in 2006 2 nights at AS music. No problem losing cards as I carried my purse (ugh big mistake) around with me. I dont want to carry my purse or bags around with me all the time what can I do with the card they gave us for when we were there last time or is it differen t when you are there for manydays? Do they give you bracelets instead?

You could get a lanyard with a plastic credit card sized holder at the end and hang your Keys to the Kingdom card. If you are onsite, it can have charging privileges too and you may not need anything else other than a cell phone.

Even though I carry a small backpack, I also use a lanyard with a holder for my pass, etc. It makes it easier.

Just be careful not to de-magnetize it if you put it too close to another card. It happens...not to me, but my poor friend seems to have bad magnetic energy and all her cards in Disney de-magnetize all the time. Very frustrating.

Have fun!

where abouts do you get the lanyards? With my luck every time I went to shop my husband will demagnatize my card lol

You can get one from WalMart (in the keychain dept) or in WDW at any gift shop. Or go to any pin trading stand. The little plastic pouches with clips are also at the pin stands. Or, you can get a small wallet with a keychain circle thing and attach it to a lanyard with a clip to keep your cards and other things. I have a small wallet I got years ago in WalMart for about $5 and I love it. I've never found that one again.

I'm a big fan of little carribeaner clips - I use them on everything so I can attach and detach whatever I want, quickly. Works great for my cell phone pouch too.

I can take stuff off my lanyard, put it on my backpack, or vice-versa.

I get the mini clips at Target in the camping section...or sometimes in packs of 3 in the dollar spot. Even found Pirates of the Carribean lanyards in the dollar spot a few months back. You never know where you'll find them!

But of course, I have to have the WDW ones too...;)

I don't care too much for the lanyards. Too think around my neck. I bought one of these at TL 13 years ago. It has gotten more use than anything I have ever bought at a park. It is waterproof, lightweight and the strap is much thinner than the lanyard.

I use a Passporter pouch. You can buy them on Passporter's web site. They hang around your neck and have a clear plastic pouch and a zippered compartment. I even put my photopass in the clear pouch so that the bar code showed and never had to take it out.

If you really want to go without a purse, fanny pack, backpack, or anything similar, there are a couple of options that I have found work pretty well.

One is to wear cargo shorts (lots of pockets).

I also found a small zippered "pouch" at my local zoo, about 4" x 4". It's made of sturdy canvas and attaches to a belt loop. Just the right size for park admission passes, credit card, lip balm. You might be able to find something similar online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter