Disney Food Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ToffPrincess, Aug 6, 2018.

1. sharadoc

sharadoc Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.

Lol, I do remember drinking a lot. But I think it was good, the atmosphere food and booze all good.

2. Scifidiner

Scifidiner Mouseketeer

The ribs were good, the only other place I remember having as good as that was a restaurant in Pensacola. It was a place back behind the Cordova mall back in the 80's, I can't remember the name of that restaurant.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 2hapykdz

2hapykdz Mouseketeer

You can still find pickles in random places....but all pre-packaged now!!!

ToffPrincess likes this.
  5. ToffPrincess

ToffPrincess Mouseketeer

Is it sad that thats not the same to me? I want to see them bobbing around the brine in the barrel! :P Health and Safetly probably would never allow that bin 2018!

6. daannzzz

daannzzz OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled

Both of these were at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Both were very good, not just nostalgia.
    Fried White Cheddar Curds were served with the "Fried Cheese" appetizer.
    Butter Griddled Pound Cake!

7. Ponderer

Ponderer Earning My Ears

Bonfamilles! Port Orleans - before it became POFQ - was my first WDW resort, and it was so lovely having a nice little table service place right there for breakfast. Didn’t they have breakfast skillets? I definitely had the French toast at least once.

8. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

So did we!

I stayed at the Golf Resort too! 1975. My mother said she loved that PCs more so then the Poly!

My son too with his allergies. He was able to eat them too. He isn’t fond of the fruit bars now.

DISNEYSQUIRRELS likes this.
  9. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

Sunday Brunch on top of the CR.

Make your own pizza in the WL.

Make your own dole whip at the Poly!

10. StacerJane

StacerJane Earning My Ears

Similar to someone on the first page, I remember the Millennial Celebration dessert. We had ours at Rose and Crown, so it was slightly different. I think it was a dark chocolate Spaceship Earth with white chocolate mousse. So good! I also miss the little frozen strawberry fruit bars. When we went for the first time it was the beginning of June, and those were such a refreshing snack to help beat the summer heat! We found them when we came home and had a little taste of our trip, but I haven't seen them in a long time. Of course, I forgot about them and haven't looked, so maybe I'll check next time I'm at the grocery store!

11. katmittens

katmittens OKW Owner

Beaver tails in Canada, the chocolate chip cookies at Norway that had a chocolate. Disc in the middle with a picture my kids loved them. Also everything from the MK bakery especially the cinnamon rolls. It was great to sit there and take a break.

12. FutureDisneyEventPlanner

FutureDisneyEventPlanner DIS Veteran

Loaded BLT Waffle Fries at Golden Oak Outpost. They were only around for a VERY limited time, but they were so delicious.

13. DisReno

DisReno Mouseketeer

I know we can get McDonalds anywhere, anytime, but for some reason the McDonalds fries from the cart in Frontierland always tasted so much better. They were always hot and fresh, and because we were in Disney, they were calorie free.

ToxicRoyalty likes this.
  14. rg35

rg35 DIS Veteran

When Liberty Tree Tavern was a character meal. Colonial Minnie, Goofy, etc. were neat and fit the place really well.

15. swanwed6206

swanwed6206 DIS Veteran

Character breakfast at Empress Lilly in the old Disney village. I think it was the first character breakfast. I’m pretty sure I went in around 85-86.

16. hereforthechurros

hereforthechurros Mouseketeer

I never had the pleasure of enjoying this but your post gave me all the feels :)

PoohsFan1 likes this.
  17. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I’ve been going to WDW since the 70s so there are lots of things that aren’t there anymore. The Tangaroa Terrace at Poly. The Adventureland Veranda at MK. There used to be a make your own pizza thing at Fort Wilderness that I loved. Reasonably healthy snack options at Wonders of Life. The meatballs at Le Cellier when it was cafeteria style. I’m sure I could think of lots of others.