Disney Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean - March 11, 2017

Saimaeve

DIS Veteran
Is there a thread for this cruise yet?

I just booked earlier this week and I know it's still a long time away.

Who else is going??

Is there a thread for this cruise yet?

I just booked earlier this week and I know it's still a long time away.

Who else is going??
There is no cruise meet thread started yet for this cruise. Do you want to use this thread to start it? Just copy the URL above and head over to the "Find your 2017 Fantasy Cruise Meet LINK here" thread. There you post a request to have your link added to the first (directory) post. Be sure to paste the copied URL into the request post.

Then a moderator will add it to the list, making it easier for others looking for the Cruise Meet thread to find it.

We're also going! This will be our 6th DCL cruise but first on the Fantasy.

Last edited:
We are on board as well. Grandma and Grandpa are taking the whole family, Grandma & Grandpa mid 70's did back to back on the Dream with us a few years back, Sister & Husband no kids first cruise, Brother & Wife with 3 kids - my 2 nieces will be 8 and 6 and my nephew will be 3 at the time of the cruise first cruise for them as well, last but not least ourselves my wife and I and our daughter who will be 16 at time of sailing this will be our 7 cruise as a family the 5th with Disney (Wonder, Dream and Fantasy) we did the Eastern on Fantasy back in 2013 (St. Thomas/San Juan loop). Looking forward to another great trip.

Hi everyone, we're also booked for this cruise - it will be our second on the Fantasy. Our first cruise was May 2014 (St. Maarten/San Juan/Castaway). We are hoping to do land and sea - but it will depend on the dollar (we're Canadian). We have two girls who will be 6 and 8. The countdown is on!!!

My daughter will also be 16 at the time of sailing. We booked this cruise so long ago, it's nice to see my countdown under 365 days:)

How do you get the Count Down Timer? That is cool....:):flower1:
Just click on the ticker and it will take you to the site where you can create one. However, you won't be able to post one in your signature until you've posted at least 10 times here on DISboards (you've got 6 posts/messages currently).

We are on this cruise as well!! This will be our 6 th cruise and third on the Fantasy. We are super excited :-)
We have two kids that will be cruising with is my daughter who will be 13 and my son will be 11 at time of the cruise.

This will be our first cruise! When we sail our son will be 9 and daughter will be 4. I just saw somthing about fish extenders... Has anyone else done this with their kids before?

The addition of the Stars Wars theme convinced us (wife and son 9) to book another Disney cruise. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (2nd on the Fantasy), but our first with them in 5 years.
Fish extender anyone?

I just saw somthing about fish extenders... Has anyone else done this with their kids before?

Fish extender anyone?

SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a couple of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISboards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone will step up and say “I’ll maintain the list”. This means they maintain the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibly, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

The addition of the Stars Wars theme convinced us (wife and son 9) to book another Disney cruise. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (2nd on the Fantasy), but our first with them in 5 years.
Fish extender anyone?

This is our first cruise, and I saw fish extender info as I was browsing and thought it'd be a fun addition for the kids (daughter will be 4, son will be 9). We'd love to get in a group :)

This is our first cruise, and I saw fish extender info as I was browsing and thought it'd be a fun addition for the kids (daughter will be 4, son will be 9). We'd love to get in a group :)
Hopefully, someone will step up and set up a Fish Extender group here on DISboards for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter