Disney Enchantment fireworks times on 12/30, 12/31--why early?

I promise to post here if I see any times open up! I have kept checking throughout the day and I just get Buzz telling me there are no times available. But I keep checking because I am hoping they just haven't actually loaded them yet or something.

Interesting that the dates skip 12/30 and 12/31- Im hoping there will be parties for those days - I like the reserved seating for the NYE fireworks (assuming those will happen as well-)

Pre-party for the 30th early fireworks show is currently available. It shows Enchantment pre-party. I'm praying that the 6:30 show will actually be the New Year's Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show as it was in 2017, 2018 and 2019. If it ends up being Enchantment, that will be a bummer.

At this time, Disney is only displaying 6:30 fireworks at the MK and Epcot on Dec 31st. Wonder if that will change?

623788 623789

At this time, Disney is only displaying 6:30 fireworks at the MK and Epcot on Dec 31st. Wonder if that will change?

View attachment 623788 View attachment 623789
I'm hopeful that Magic Kingdom will show Fantasy in the Sky at both 6:30 and 11:50 on the 30th and 31st as they have in years past. I've gone for New Year's in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and have enjoyed 4 showtimes for Fantasy in the Sky on each trip. I feel fairly certain that New Years fireworks will be shown at midnight at both MK and Epcot, despite what the calendar shows at this time. If there are no New Year's fireworks at Disney World this year, I would probably cancel the top-dollar NYE trip I have planned. (Extremely high ticket prices and room rates, with no discounts offered.) As far as the early fireworks shows... it's possible that they'd leave the "regular" Enchantment and Harmonious shows. If so, that would be a big change from past years, and a big disappointment for me.

I'm pretty sure a Saturday flight means you can test from a Wednesday.
We are flying on a Sunday, so will test on Thursday
I'm hopeful that Magic Kingdom will show Fantasy in the Sky at both 6:30 and 11:50 on the 30th and 31st as they have in years past. I've gone for New Year's in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and have enjoyed 4 showtimes for Fantasy in the Sky on each trip. I feel fairly certain that New Years fireworks will be shown at midnight at both MK and Epcot, despite what the calendar shows at this time. If there are no New Year's fireworks at Disney World this year, I would probably cancel the top-dollar NYE trip I have planned. (Extremely high ticket prices and room rates, with no discounts offered.) As far as the early fireworks shows... it's possible that they'd leave the "regular" Enchantment and Harmonious shows. If so, that would be a big change from past years, and a big disappointment for me.

Can I ask if you think Fantasy in the Sky can be seen better from California Grill or the terrace fireworks seated party? This would be my first chance at seeing these fireworks (if they are on this year)

Paging Mr Morrow did a treats and seats vlog, and I'm sure all ears did a Cali grill fireworks party vlog. You could watch them both to compare.

Thanks, its just that Fantasy in the Sky is more of a perimeter show though than the nightly ones so wondered just how much you would miss doing treats and seats

Can I ask if you think Fantasy in the Sky can be seen better from California Grill or the terrace fireworks seated party? This would be my first chance at seeing these fireworks (if they are on this year)
Let me preface this by saying that I have never seen the show from Cali Grill. For my NYE trips, CG was never available and/or had NYE events that were very expensive (or seemed long and formal).

Following is my take on the Fantasy in the Sky viewing spots that I've experienced

Tomorrowland Terrace Seated Dessert Party on 12/31 - the fireworks view was outstanding. Pros: you're in the park, comfortably up out of the madness of the hub. Cons: you miss some (not all) of the perimeter bursts. (You miss the ones behind you, which is not a huge deal whatsoever IMHO). **Edited to add - I prefer the Plaza (non seated) party on 12/30. Plaza view is the best. 12/31 I would only do the Terrace. In years past, 12/31 has been a nightmare. I went once on 12/31 and never again. I do my "New Years in the park" on 12/30. Of course with the Park Reservation system, crowds might not reach the old levels of insanity.

Grand Floridian resort boat dock. My favorite. (Narcoosee's would have the same view). I like seeing the "whole show" from the resorts and I love the synchronized bursts over the lake (something you don't see from inside the park, obviously).

Polynesian Theme Park View room 3rd floor. Awesome. And awesomely expensive.

Fantasyland, behind the castle near the carousel. This was a bit of an experiment and it made for an interesting view. We were glad we did it. It's a very "immersive" fireworks experience as you feel like you're in the "eye of the storm" of the fireworks so to speak.

Hope that helps. (If someone offered me up TT Seated Dessert Party or Cali Grill, and there was no cost to me, I'd choose CG).

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying that I have never seen the show from Cali Grill. For my NYE trips, CG was never available and/or had NYE events that were very expensive (or seemed long and formal).

Following is my take on the Fantasy in the Sky viewing spots that I've experienced

Tomorrowland Terrace Seated Dessert Party on 12/31 - the fireworks view was outstanding. Pros: you're in the park, comfortably up out of the madness of the hub. Cons: you miss some (not all) of the perimeter bursts. (You miss the ones behind you, which is not a huge deal whatsoever IMHO). **Edited to add - I prefer the Plaza (non seated) party on 12/30. Plaza view is the best. 12/31 I would only do the Terrace. In years past, 12/31 has been a nightmare. I went once on 12/31 and never again. I do my "New Years in the park" on 12/30. Of course with the Park Reservation system, crowds might not reach the old levels of insanity.

Grand Floridian resort boat dock. My favorite. (Narcoosee's would have the same view). I like seeing the "whole show" from the resorts and I love the synchronized bursts over the lake (something you don't see from inside the park, obviously).

Polynesian Theme Park View room 3rd floor. Awesome. And awesomely expensive.

Fantasyland, behind the castle near the carousel. This was a bit of an experiment and it made for an interesting view. We were glad we did it. It's a very "immersive" fireworks experience as you feel like you're in the "eye of the storm" of the fireworks so to speak.

Hope that helps. (If someone offered me up TT Seated Dessert Party or Cali Grill, and there was no cost to me, I'd choose CG).

Thank you so much for such a detailed reply, very helpful. We will be hoping to see the Fireworks at MK on 30th December and try the craziness of Epcot on the 31st

Hopefully we will get more details soon!

Thank you so much for such a detailed reply, very helpful. We will be hoping to see the Fireworks at MK on 30th December and try the craziness of Epcot on the 31st

Hopefully we will get more details soon!
Sounds like a great plan! Fingers crossed that NYE fireworks and events are announced soon. I'm pretty hopeful that the Park Reservation system will keep the crowd level to "bearable" this year. I went to the MK on 10/1 for the kickoff of the 50th Anniv, and crowd level was about half of what I experienced at NYE 2019.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/hol...operating-hours-extended-on-new-years-eve.htmMagic Kingdom operating hours extended on New Year's Eve with 'Fantasy in the Sky' fireworks returning
This article says: "The latest operating hours update sees Magic Kingdom hours extended from the original midnight close to 1am. Magic Kingdom will present Fantasy in the Sky fireworks with New Year's Eve countdown at 11:50pm on both December 30 and 31 2021. Disney Enchantment will be performed at 6:30pm on both nights."

I don't know anything about this source, or if they're reliable, etc. If they are correct and the early fireworks show is Enchanment, that's a huge disappointment.

I think they are assuming, like ourselves that Fantasy in the Sky is coming back but given that the Disney site still has no details of what show it is and when they released Treats and Seats dessert party for the 30th it showed it was for Enchantment with the party check in at 10.50 approx, nothing is guaranteed yet

I've been trying to book dessert party since my 60 days window open up and no luck whatever... so sad :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter