Disney Dream March 28th, 2022 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (Nassau, Castaway Cay)

Shir Kahn

DIS Veteran
Didn't see a thread for this one so I'll start one! We had booked a 7 days for this August, but that got cancelled of course. This will be our 3rd cruise, all of them on the Disney Dream so far. My wife and I don't have kids, so it'll just be the two of us. We're Canadian Annual Passholders, or at least we were up until the border shut down. Once it opens and we book another trip to WDW, we'll get our passes back! We didn't get a single visit out of our last passes! Multiple cancelled trips equaled extremely expensive pieces of plastic!
We were able to do the Castaway Cay 5k on the first cruise, however missed out on the second one as I got a really bad sunburn the day before our Castaway Cay stop last time! Tammy was at the spa and I decided to lie down for an hour without any sunscreen. I do not advise this! It was so bad that I couldn't keep a single bedsheet on me due to the pain the pressure it caused! :P

We're not sure what we want to do with our Nassau day. We walked to a beach on our first trip and within 5 minutes, I had picked an entire handful of broken glass out of the sand. Might be time to book something at Atlantis, or maybe just stay on the ship, not sure!

Hello Shir, My wife and I just booked this cruise. We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary on this cruise and both our 50th birthday. This time we will be traveling alone. Our 23 and 20 DD are not going to be happy. I feel your pain on the sunburn. I always wear an SPF sun shirt now. I have received too many sunburns over the years.

Last edited:
Shir, are you and your wife planning on going to WDW before or after the cruise? We are thinking of staying 2-3 days after the cruise and going to the parks. That week is my wife's spring break from her work, so we are limited on what days we can go to the parks.

Shir, are you and your wife planning on going to WDW before or after the cruise? We are thinking of staying 2-3 days after the cruise and going to the parks. That week is my wife's spring break from her work, so we are limited on what days we can go to the parks.
Yes, we're planning on a few days before and after. My wife is also on Spring Break during that time, so our flight lands Saturday around 1pm, we'll do a half day then and a full day on Sunday, then once we're back from the cruise, we have until Sunday at 6pm before our flight leaves, so we'll in the parks as much as possible after too! Our last trip to WDW ended just days before Galaxy's Edge opened and we've had several cancelled since then, so we're really looking forward to finally seeing it!

Hi everyone! This will be our first ever cruise! It will be myself, my husband, 12 year old son, 9 year old son, and 6 year old daughter. We are so excited!

Like others, this is our first DCL cruise as well. DH and I have cruised before (not DCL) before kids. Our kids are 12, 9 and 7y/o. We will be spending a few days before and after at WDW.
Wondering what they are expecting for capacity for our ship. You hear that recent cruises are fairly empty. I don’t know if that’s people not booking, testing positive at port or Disney limiting capacity.
Looking forward with trepidation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter