Disney Dream 7006, 7504, 8006, 8504

tedhowe

Dad to two future animators
Hi all... I've just booked our first DCL cruise (our first cruise ever) - on the Dream 3-day cruise just before Memorial Day 2011.

I know no one really knows what the deck plans represent since the ship hasn't sailed yet, but I'm wondering what people think of these staterooms - Cat 9A, but oddly shaped and at least on the plans, larger than the other 9As.

I booked 7006 for our cruise, and I'm very excited, but was wondering if anyone has any ideas on these rooms.

Thanks,

Ted

There have been several threads speculating on these rooms. We have 8006 booked for our cruise next year. There were some rumors that they could have two large porthole windows. But nothing confirmed as of yet!

Ted,

I have booked that same room for next year on the Fantasy (which is the same as the Dream as far as I can tell). Would you mind posting how it is when you back back if we don't hear anything from anyone sooner! I noticed that there seems to be large windows in the front of the ship and am anxious to see how it is. I tried counting the portholes on the side and it seemed as if there are 7, so 7006 would be in the front. I am just guessing though.

Thanks,
Amy

Amy

This is a pretty old thread that doesn't have the latest info in it. There is a recent thread or two looking for info on these corner rooms. We haven't seen any pictures of the inside so far but we should get a report on 7504 on the MV cruise this week.

You can also are some pictures of the 7 medium, round portholes on each forward deck (only 1 per room alas) before they were covered with the ribbon of glass on pg 18 of the Special Rooms thread. I'm in an airport or I'd give you the link.

We are due to sail in room 8006 on the Dream on Feb 6th. If there aren't any pics posted by then, I'll be sure to post some when I return!

We are due to sail in room 8006 on the Dream on Feb 6th. If there aren't any pics posted by then, I'll be sure to post some when I return!

that's the room in August. I'm curious as to whether it has a privacy curtain to divide the room and whether you can see the TV from the bed.

that's the room in August. I'm curious as to whether it has a privacy curtain to divide the room and whether you can see the TV from the bed.

I sure hope it has a privacy curtain! Our twin soon-to-be 5 yr olds will go to bed much earlier than us! Guess we'll find out soon enough!

I sure hope it has a privacy curtain! Our twin soon-to-be 5 yr olds will go to bed much earlier than us! Guess we'll find out soon enough!

So do I! Otherwise we may be changing cruises! My concern is based only on the one corner room we've seen pictures of this far, 10658. The pictures showed no privacy curtain and had the TV far from the main bed and on the same wall. Here's hoping our rooms are better!

We booked our room on Gty as well and just found out we are in room 7006. I called and there wasn't much they could tell me except it was facing the front of the ship and 'may' be slightly bigger then the same catergory room 7008, next door. We leave on 4/10/11, this is my 2nd Disney cruise and was on the Wonder 10 years ago! Would love to hear about anyone who has had this room as well!!!

Jaime

Hi all... I've just booked our first DCL cruise (our first cruise ever) - on the Dream 3-day cruise just before Memorial Day 2011.

I know no one really knows what the deck plans represent since the ship hasn't sailed yet, but I'm wondering what people think of these staterooms - Cat 9A, but oddly shaped and at least on the plans, larger than the other 9As.

I booked 7006 for our cruise, and I'm very excited, but was wondering if anyone has any ideas on these rooms.

Thanks,

Ted

Is that the May 19th 2011 cruise??
I'm booked on that one too! Have you joined our cruise meet thread yet?

Thank you for posting ---I just booked 8504 on the Fantasy for Sept 2012. It looks like you have a generous amount more room then a normal oceanview. How was it having the bunk cloer to the parents bed and then another child on the sofa. Not my ideal set up but I love the bigger room! Any thoughts on the room and how ya liked it would be appreciated!!

I have stayed in 8504 and the cabin is very large....it reminded me of a cozy attic room...you can find the pics I posted in Timon's trip report thread from Jan 30, 2011.

MJ

the room itself seemed alittle larger then most staterooms--there was quite a bit of space on each side of the bed--we used the space to store our luggage since we didnt unpack everything and still had alot of room

the thing we werent crazy about was the sitting area while the couch was in alittle alcove as was the window made the room seem sort of dark--

the window was on a slant also which made it hard to look out of--you had to duck under the window if that makes sense also you couldnt look out the window while sitting on the couch--you had to be right up in the window

deck 7 on the other hand was a great location--close to everything and not far from the elevators--

the ship is huge but very easy to get around

its also beautiful!!!! were already planning on another cruise!!!:banana:

so the room itself is fine enough room we didnt feel cramped at all

it does sleep 4--easy to get around its just the window was a small issue for us

oh it does have the slanted walls and angles

in all in it was a fine room with great location

have fun its a great ship

FYI....6504 and 8504 are set up differently....6504 is a handicapped accessible cabin and 8504 is not....could be why they are set up differently. Some pretty big differences.

Here are some pics of 6504 that I copies from Timon's wonderful trip report.

Here's some pics...

20110202_0452.jpg

20110202_0466.jpg

20110202_0169.jpg

20110202_0171.jpg

20110202_0172.jpg

20110202_0173.jpg

20110202_0174.jpg

20110202_0175.jpg

20110202_0177.jpg

20110202_0453.jpg

20110202_0454.jpg

20110202_0456.jpg

20110202_0458.jpg

20110202_0459.jpg

20110202_0460.jpg

20110202_0461.jpg

20110202_0462.jpg

20110202_0464.jpg

20110202_0178.jpg

20110202_0179.jpg

20110202_0180.jpg

20110202_0181.jpg

20110202_0182.jpg

MJ

And here are pics I took of 8504 when we stayed in it in January.

VIEW FROM THE DOORWAY...A SHORT HALLWAY

PULL DOWN BED IN CEILING

VIEW TO COUCH AND PORTHOLE

SPLIT BATHROOM

CONVERTIBLE SOFA

SLANTED PORTHOLE - I AM 5'7" AND I COULD "STAND UP" IN THE PORTHOLE AREA AND LOOK OUT...NIGHT SKY WAS AWESOME

EXTRA SPACE

TONS OF FLOOR SPACE

VIEW TO THE DOOR

DESK AREA

CLOSET AREA - NOTE: THIS DID NOT HAVE THE EXTRA SHELVING IN THE CLOSET THAT OUR CAT 9B CABIN ON DECK 2 HAD

And here are links to all my other pics from around the ship....We were on the Boy and Girls Preview Cruise, the MV and the Jan 30th cruise so. here are pics of the Boys & Girls Preview Cruise with Karl Holtz (pres of the cruise line), stars from Sonny with a Chance from the Disney Chanel, the MV, the crowds lined up to see us off and the Jan 30th cruise.....Donald Duck Christening the Aquaduck, Palo Brunch, pics of the Magic at CC for the horn battle and all kids of stuff.....any questions on any pics let me know and I will tell you where it is onboard.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579713838MbSvrJ

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579703545DurDnd

And here is a link to Timon's trip report...it is an awesome TR with about a 1,000 photos!! Photo's of everything!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2650672

MJ

Thank you for posting pics. I do like the extra space. I have to think about the slanted ceiling and other things but at this point we will stay where we are!!

Others in my group had Stateroom 7006 on Dream a couple of weeks ago. I noticed one difference between 7006 and the photos previously posted of 8504. There is a deck stanchion (i.e., a pole) located at the foot of the bed in 7006. With the exception of that stanchion, 7006 appears to be a mirror image of 8504.

The family occupying 7006 did not mind the stanchion at all. Because it's located right at the foot of the bed, it doesn't actually interfere with any access through the space. The room is so large that it was never an issue for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter