Disney Direct Return Question (Used discounts)

InstImpres

DIS Veteran
Quick question, I received my merchandise from a few weeks ago with all the stacked codes. I really don't like one of the shirts. Does anyone know if I return it, it would bring my total cost to below the amount need for the coupon. Will they reverse the coupon too?

TIA Sandy

InstImpres said:
Quick question, I received my merchandise from a few weeks ago with all the stacked codes. I really don't like one of the shirts. Does anyone know if I return it, it would bring my total cost to below the amount need for the coupon. Will they reverse the coupon too?

TIA Sandy

I don't think they would even notice if you are returning it to the b&m store. If you are returning it to DisneyDirect they may adjust your total.

InstImpres said:

TIA Sandy

I just returned some costumes tonight at TDS. The castmembers seemed very annoyed that I had a catalog/online purchase to return. They explained to me that it wasn't me they were annoyed with, but Disney. Apparently the stores still have to take back returns from the catalog/online and are then stuck with the merchandise. They either have to damage it out or they can sell it in the stores. They don't ship it back to the catalog like Sears does with Lands End online purchases.

Anyway getting back to your ?, the castmember will call Disney catalog to find out what price each of the items you are returning was purchased at, then that's the refund you get. On your packing slip it lists full price for each item then at the bottom it lumps all the discounts together. I think if you stacked a % off coupon with a $10 off $50 purchase (for example) your item will be refunded at the % off price. I think the $10 off $50 purchase discount stays. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hope that helps.

Every time I have returned disneydirect products to TDS, they have always taken into account my discounts and adjusted my return amount. ie-I had a free shipping if you spent $50 code that I used, but when I went to return one item and it brought my total to under $50 they were going to deduct the shipping. I only paid $10 for this item and they were going to deduct $7.50 for the shipping. I told them I wasn't going to accept $2.50 back for an item I paid $10 for. I kept it and gave it as a gift instead.

Yeah, I guess I have to agree with much of what is being said here. I really haven't had the best of luck returning things from the catalog. Either you have to send it back and take the hit for whatever codes you used (like Tay N Evie's Mom) or deal with the cast members at the Disney Store who really seem put out to have to deal with it. (Like momtoce&j)

The great news is that you've probably saved a bundle on the merchandise. :banana: And Disney stuff goes really well on eBay, garage sales, etc. Or you could also gift it as mentioned....who doesn't love Disney stuff!?!

Sorry you didn't like your purchase. I love the convenience of online shopping but totally dread the hassles of the return process!

I had a very different experience when returning one of my stacked orders. The CM was very pleasant. She called the catalog to find out what I paid for each item. Then when she told me the total, I said I didn't think that was right because I had gotten discounts. She called back, they insisted that I paid a much higher price. I ended up getting an over $70 credit for an order that I only paid $52 for. I felt bad, but when she called the catalog, they kept giving her a much higher price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter