Disney Dining Scout..Best $6 Ever!

Hope this isn't too much to ask, but how exactly does this service work? When they find a time for you, what happens next? Do you book it? Do they? etc...

Thanks.

Dan

We didn't have to use it last month for our trip, but I wouldn't hesitate for the next one. I've heard too many positive experiences not to give it a try.

And pp comment about the paranoid planners made me laugh. We were in the CL lounge at AKL finalizing some plans and a woman seated beside us was going through and canceling some of her ADRs. She had something booked for every 3 hours for every day of her vacation...JUST IN CASE. Of course I didn't mind my own business and said "wow, all those families that wanted those reservations were just out of luck because you booked them all." She snappily told me they could get them now that she canceled.

We didn't have to use it last month for our trip, but I wouldn't hesitate for the next one. I've heard too many positive experiences not to give it a try.

And pp comment about the paranoid planners made me laugh. We were in the CL lounge at AKL finalizing some plans and a woman seated beside us was going through and canceling some of her ADRs. She had something booked for every 3 hours for every day of her vacation...JUST IN CASE. Of course I didn't mind my own business and said "wow, all those families that wanted those reservations were just out of luck because you booked them all." She snappily told me they could get them now that she canceled.

That is so frustrating (being someone who has been searching for 4 differant restaurants since 180 days). I can see booking a few on differant days until your plans are finalized, but wish the system would limit the number of times you can book the same restaurant.

I have not paid for scout yet, if I can't get anything soon after the 45 day mark I will definately sign up. I guess all the searching gives me something to do.

That is so frustrating (being someone who has been searching for 4 differant restaurants since 180 days). I can see booking a few on differant days until your plans are finalized, but wish the system would limit the number of times you can book the same restaurant.

I have not paid for scout yet, if I can't get anything soon after the 45 day mark I will definately sign up. I guess all the searching gives me something to do.

The Disney IT team should do something about this. Obviously no one is dining at a place every three hours. The system should see this and display an error message.

Hope this isn't too much to ask, but how exactly does this service work? When they find a time for you, what happens next? Do you book it? Do they? etc...

Thanks.

Dan
They sent me a text with the available restaurant party size and time. Within seconds I was on DME and had it booked myself.

They sent me a text with the available restaurant party size and time. Within seconds I was on DME and had it booked myself.

Sounds like a good way to do it. However their program/bot works, once it finds the open time, it must do it without tying up the reservation time slot, allowing you to grab it. Thanks!

Dan

The DDScout has been amazing for me thus far! I signed up three days ago so far I've gotten Ohana, Hollywood & Vine, and Chef Mickey in the last three days! Fingers crossed for 1990 PF, probably a longshot being only 31 days out from arrival, can't wait :woohoo:!

These are incredible success stories! I'm so tired of stalking my last ressies with no luck. I'm going to check it out.

Just got it! Thank you so much for posting - I had no idea this even existed! Will it notify me about times available near the time I requested, or only for that specific time?

Awesome! Just signed up! I've been stalking two extremely specific reservations using Dining Buddy, but I figure I can use all the help I can get!

Just got it! Thank you so much for posting - I had no idea this even existed! Will it notify me about times available near the time I requested, or only for that specific time?

It goes -/+ two hours of when you requested, so within two hours prior to your requested time and two hours after. It's a pretty good window and with some of the really hard ones to get I'm not picky and that could be why I got a few in two days lol. I also bought a ton of credits to run multiple searches for times and dates, I'm just really hoping for BOG and 1900 PF now.

It goes -/+ two hours of when you requested, so within two hours prior to your requested time and two hours after. It's a pretty good window and with some of the really hard ones to get I'm not picky and that could be why I got a few in two days lol. I also bought a ton of credits to run multiple searches for times and dates, I'm just really hoping for BOG and 1900 PF now.

PERFECT. Thanks for educating me. :)

I just signed up and am now anxiously awaiting my first notification. I know I need to have patience and my trip is in November so I have plenty of time. For those of you who have had good luck, how long did it take for you to get what you wanted?

I just signed up and am now anxiously awaiting my first notification. I know I need to have patience and my trip is in November so I have plenty of time. For those of you who have had good luck, how long did it take for you to get what you wanted?
My trip is in Nov too, and I signed up about a month ago. I didn't get anything right away - and was a bit discouraged. Then they started coming! I got an early morning Ohana, Sci Fi, and 1900 PF. After I got those, I updated more searches and accidentally searched for an Akershus in August instead of November. Within three minutes of creating a search, I had a text for an Akershus ressie (but wrong month!). Anyway, my point is, that gave me a great feeling that as November approaches, Scout will find what I need and no stress for me. It's so worth it.

I signed up over 2 weeks ago but looking for CRT for 2 on Dec 23 at 6..... havent heard or seen a peep

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter