Disney Dining Reservation Help!

Srl051515

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I would love some help/advice. I don’t have any social media and I’ve been hunting this board for tips and finally decided to reach out.

I’m booking our first family trip to Disney this year for the first week of December. My family of 4 (3 and 6 year old time of trip - pretty good eaters too) is very excited and we will be celebrating my 6 year olds birthday there. We will be going to Hollywood studios, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom.

What are your absolute must try favorite restaurants at each park? Plus if you highlight the meal (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner)

Thank you so much!!!!

Hi there! How exciting to be planning your first trip! I have kiddos around your age so I will try to chime in.

First off a few more parameters would be helpful. Do you think your kids will like characters? Are they adventurous eaters? How many park days do you have total? Where are you staying?

My kids enjoyed Topolinos breakfast, Garden Grill, Woody’s Lunch Box and loads of snacks on our last trip.

Bringing toddler for first time but have visited many times in the past and tried many of the restaurants. For this trip we're focusing very much on characters and heavily themed restaurants. For us it's less about the quality of the food and more about the experience for our toddler so again all the character meals for sure. When we're not doing character meals we're doing fun themes like Sci-Fi or Ohana or Coral Reef or the like. But again you may want more elevated cuisine and your kids might have a refined palate and you'll want California Grill and Narcoosees and Sanaa and the like. Can't really go wrong no matter which way you go.

Hi there! How exciting to be planning your first trip! I have kiddos around your age so I will try to chime in.

First off a few more parameters would be helpful. Do you think your kids will like characters? Are they adventurous eaters? How many park days do you have total? Where are you staying?

My kids enjoyed Topolinos breakfast, Garden Grill, Woody’s Lunch Box and loads of snacks on our last trip.
Hi we’re doing 3 days at the parks. One for each park. My kids are pretty good eaters- adventurous not so much. We’re staying at the Polynesian. Thank you for your help!

Bringing toddler for first time but have visited many times in the past and tried many of the restaurants. For this trip we're focusing very much on characters and heavily themed restaurants. For us it's less about the quality of the food and more about the experience for our toddler so again all the character meals for sure. When we're not doing character meals we're doing fun themes like Sci-Fi or Ohana or Coral Reef or the like. But again you may want more elevated cuisine and your kids might have a refined palate and you'll want California Grill and Narcoosees and Sanaa and the like. Can't really go wrong no matter which way you go.
Good idea with the character meals/theme! Thank you!

Hi we’re doing 3 days at the parks. One for each park. My kids are pretty good eaters- adventurous not so much. We’re staying at the Polynesian. Thank you for your help!
We went the same week last year and one meal we did plan was breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe. We enjoyed the food and we really wanted to see the Christmas decorations at the GF. With staying on the monorail that would be easy to get to. Also Chef Mickeys or Steakhouse 71 could be good options at the Contemporary.

At Epcot we tend to stick to food booths and snacks quite a bit but there is a ton of great dining available. Like I mentioned previously if you are looking for characters Garden Grill is a great choice.

The only other thing I will mention is that with 3 park days and little kids you may want to balance rest vs sit-down dining. TS does take up quite a bit of time. That may work for your family as a break but if you are planning on going back to your room for a mid-day break or your kids need naps too many TS reservations may take up valuable park time.

Enjoy planning your trip!

For kids I like the characters at Tusket house, it is a regular buffet with different options. Garden grill is also a great option since it is all you can eat family style (they bring the food to your table instead of a regular buffet). We have only tried those for breakfast.

Other restaurants we love are boma (either breakfast or dinner), teppan edo (lunch), homecomin (brunch). Those have great food and are kids friendly too, there aren't any characters though

When my kids were little their favorites were Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi, Liberty Tree Tavern, Biergarten and Ohana.

Hope that helps!

Is the 3 yo still napping? When my girls were 5, we used TS lunches to relax in the air conditioning because we knew there would be no rest at the hotel.

Unfortunately, a couple of my would-be top suggestions (Crystal Palace for MK, Trattoria late breakfast skyliner from HS) are not yet back to being character experiences.

I'll drop in another vote for Garden Grill in Epcot. Characters were wonderful, rotating restaurant was a first for my girls, food was delicious.

And, since you're on the monorail, Chef Mickey's is a classic. Perhaps, by December, it will be back to it's full, high energy, napkin dancing self, which my girls absolutely adored and the adults tolerated because it made the kids so darn happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter