Disney dining plan help pls

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
okay I am confused about the dining plan and trying to see if this would be worth the price. 2 adults and staying at BLT for 4 nights. The way I am reading this is we have to buy the plan for both people every night we are there. Is that correct? So we get there late afternoon on Sunday do we start using the dining on Sunday evening. Also we leave on Thursday morning does that include getting breakfast the day you leave. Just trying to figure the most cost effective way to use the plan since it seems convenient but rather expensive. Anyone know if there are many places at Contemporty or BLT that excepts it. Sorry I can read these posts forever but nothing better than peoples opinion and help.

Thank YOu

okay I am confused about the dining plan and trying to see if this would be worth the price. 2 adults and staying at BLT for 4 nights. The way I am reading this is we have to buy the plan for both people every night we are there. Is that correct? So we get there late afternoon on Sunday do we start using the dining on Sunday evening. Also we leave on Thursday morning does that include getting breakfast the day you leave. Just trying to figure the most cost effective way to use the plan since it seems convenient but rather expensive. Anyone know if there are many places at Contemporty or BLT that excepts it. Sorry I can read these posts forever but nothing better than peoples opinion and help.

Thank YOu

Your dining credits are tied to your nights stay. So with a 4 night stay each person will get 4 credits each (what type depends on what plan).

You will be able to use your credits from the minute you check in to midnight of the day you check out.

As far you using credits for breakfast on your last day that will just depend on how many credits you will have to use.

Which plan(s) are you considering? For your snack credit options-so much more than popcorn, ice cream, and soda-check out my 2013 snack thread, click on link below.

As far as places that accept DDP at Contempo and BLT, again, it depends on which type of credit you are talking about. TS or CS? Contempo has choices for both. We visit Contempo Cafe to use some our our CS. And of course Contempo has several TS choices. I don't know about BLT, sorrry.

The only things at BLT are the ToWL for DVC members, and the pool bar. I'm not sure if either are on the DP. Other than that you have to take the short walk over the bridge to CR.

You almost always spend MORE with the dining plan. You can try to calculate scenarios using this tool: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050182

Even if you happen to hit on a perfect combination of counter service and table service that yields a savings, chances are it's only going to be about $20. It's just not worth the hassle.

CR has TS at Chef Mickey, Wave, and California Grill. All are great.

One of the great things about staying on the monorail line is easy access to a bunch of restaurants at other resorts. There is also a boat to WL and FW. Easy to get to Ohana or HDDR!

We will probably be considering the counter service.

We've had the QSDP the last 3 times and I really like it-however, we go during free DDP so we only payed for our DDP the first time we used it-Jan. 2005.

With the QSDP, for 4 nights with 2 adults, you'll get 16 CS meals and 8 snacks. You will also get 2 refillable mugs.

You'll want to look at the places you might be eating, what you would order normally (you might not always normally order dessert) and what snacks you would get. Total it up and see if it's more or less than the cost of the QSDP. That will help you make the decision.

Or some guests will get the DDP and then order one of the more expensive meals and desserts. Basically splurging while on vacation. What you decide and how you order is up to you. If I was paying for it I don't know if I would get it. But that's just me. ;)

I do enjoy having it. I don't have to look at the price of an entree, I can get whatever I want-DD13 loves this too! Also we have our own (rental) car so we get many of our CS meals at DTD or other resorts. Having our own transportation makes this a breeze! No buses, or transferring.

One way we will stretch our credits is to share meals. There a many locations where you can easily do this. We have done it in the past with 3 of us but even last year when it was just my DD13 and myself, we still did some sharing. And of course there is always dessert which when brought back to the room makes a great late night snack or breakfast.

We typically don't use our credits for breakfast-not a good value. We will eat in our room items we bring from home or pick up at WM. Towards the end of the trip, after we have figured out how many credits we will have after buying food for our flight home, we will then use credits for a breakfast or two once we figure we will have plenty for the rest of the trip.

The refillable mugs are included in DDP, they are for your resort only and not for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter