Disney Dining pass

littlelambie

Mouseketeer
My sil is planning a trip for her family to WDW in March and was talking about a Disney dining pass. Do they have these in DLR?? If so, HOW DID I MISS THAT!! :rotfl2:

I just asked this myself!

it's not the same thing as at WDW. These are just vouchers. The only real advantage to them is spending the money up front instead of that day.

I won't be getting them.

So, no. You didn't miss anything. :goodvibes

littlelambie said:
My sil is planning a trip for her family to WDW in March and was talking about a Disney dining pass. Do they have these in DLR?? If so, HOW DID I MISS THAT!! :rotfl2:

They do not have this. BUT they are thinking about it, because I was asked to do an online survey aobut a month ago, asking me all these questions about different options and how much would I pay etc. I think it's a good idea

They do have a dining plan right now, but it is not worth it like it is at WDW. You choose the number of days you want and pay for your meals up front. This is from Disneyland's website:

Whether dining in Disneyland® park, Disney's California Adventure™ park, Downtown Disney®, or one of the three Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort, Guests will find a variety of dining choices around every corner! For an extra touch of magic, don't miss our Disney Character Dining experiences, available at these locations (priority seating required*) :

Goofy's Kitchen
Disneyland® Hotel (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast
Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel
Chip 'n Dale Critter Breakfast
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®
Minnie and Friends Breakfast
Disneyland® Park
Disney Princess Celebration Character Lunch/Dinner**
Ariel's Grotto in Disney's California Adventure®
Disney’s special dining plans make it easy for you to sample a bit of everything while using vouchers instead of cash. Dine in the Magic includes breakfast with your favorite Disney Characters, a Breakfast in the Park, and snack and meal vouchers. The snack and meal vouchers are redeemable at cafes, snack spots and restaurants throughout the Disneyland® Resort. Simply choose the dining plan that works best with your vacation and add it to your package.

Resort Character Breakfast one breakfast per person.
Adult/Junior $27.25
Child $14.80
Disney Princess Celebration Lunch one lunch per person.
Adult/Junior $27.25
Child $17.30
Disney Princess Celebration Dinner one dinner per person.
Adult/Junior $27.25
Child $17.30
Goofy's Kitchen Dinner one dinner per person.
Adult/Junior $35.90
Child $14.80
Donald's 3 Days of Disney Dining Plan 8 Disney Dining choices per person.
Adult/Junior $88.85
Child $66.45
Goofy's 4 Days of Disney Dining Plan 10 Disney Dining choices per person
Adult/Junior $131.11
Child $93.81
Minnie's 5 Days of Disney Dining Plan 13 Disney Dining choices per person
Adult/Junior $182.03
Child $123.66
Mickey's 6 Days of Disney Dining Plan 15 Disney Dining choices per person
Adult/Junior $210.64
Child $147.27

WDW's is tailored much different than this. I know that it is not a very popular choice for DL, but is for WDW. Maybe they are looking at revamping their DL Dining pass.

To be honest, the food at Disneyland is so universely horrible that it would be a waste to take advantage of Disney Dining if they decided to implement it. This is my home park and the only places worth eating are Club 33 and Napa Rose. One is members only and the other too pricey for most people. For moderate food, Boudins, Catal and La Brea Bakery are it.

WDW has ruined me for what food could be if they put a little effort into it. I'll be at the park on Saturday and will be at Napa Rose at 5:30. I really wish that Disney would put better tasting, moderatly priced options into their parks here in CA.

Don't buy the vouchers! Not worth it, they don't give you a discount on the food, and you don't get change back using the vouchers, so you might as well pay cash. At least you'd get change back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter