• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Experience for FL residents

JudithM

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used this recently? Some friends recently moved to FL & are considering getting this food discount card

We use it all the time. Living in Fl. we make a lot of trips each year. The card has more than paid for itself for us.

We paid for the card and then some in the first few days we were at Disney on our Honeymoon with it. It has since then saved us even more than we could even hope to imagine. We have found ourselves taking the drive (1.5hours) over to Disney JUST for dinner. We have had groups of people with us and the have deducted it for the entire group even though they should not have (a group of 12, and a group of 10, they are only good for a group of 6 i think). We have even had the resturants sometimes take 20%off our drinks, we do not expect it, so it is a nice thing when it does happen. All in all this card has been more than worth wile for us.

I would say in the past 11 months, we ( kitten516 and I ) have probably dsaved in exxess of... $300-350 MAYBE even 400+ dollars using it and we still have a month left on it with our anniversary vacation trip coming up... If we get back to V and A's like I HOPE we do, that'll be another 40$

We have also saved a lot with this card.
At first, we forgot to use it a few times, for very expensive meals.
togo1.gif

Now, we take the card out and set it on the table when we first get seated. The card has already paid for itself and we have only had it a couple of months.

We have saved a bunch of money with our card. We'll be renewing this month for our third year.

Kitten516 - We have always had our drinks (alcoholic and non) discounted with no exception. I thought that was the way it was supposed to be. ? :confused:

It's a great idea for residents who love to eat at WDW!!

Yes, the drinks are also discounted.
I do have one complaint about the card and I am going to send an email. The card was always accepted at The Belle Vue Room at The Boardwalk until recently. We spend a lot of time there and a lot of money there! That was a major reason we got the card, honestly. Now, they can't accept it there anymore, the bartenders don't understand why and they feel bad having to deny the discount to so many regular customers who have always used it there.

I understand it is their perogative to allow it to be used anywhere they choose, and the Belle Vue Room is not listed in the brochure anymore. Nonetheless, I think they should put it back on the list, the bars in many of the other resorts are still eligible. Come on, how much could it hurt them? The Belle Vue Room is a favorite spot of many people, it's a great place to unwind.
When staying at The Boardwalk, a guest should not have to go elsewhere to visit a lounge and get the discount. Those 20%'s can really add up!
drink.gif

We ( kitten and I ) probablty read somewherre about alcohol not getting discounted, and assumed.. We always thought we were getting a bonus, we dont drink often, if ever at the restaurants.. but its cool to know the discount it!

SOmetimes you get servers that argue with you that they cannot discount alcohol but yes you get 20% off food and wine (and liquor). That has been since the card was started. And I should know since I am one of the original members.

Where can I find out more about this card? We're fl residents & would sure be interested in this. Is the info on the web somewhere?

Thank you

I'm a new resident of Florida. I'll be going to WDW on Thursday. Where can I purchase this card? Thanks for any help! Angela

Originally posted by Windermere
SOmetimes you get servers that argue with you that they cannot discount alcohol but yes you get 20% off food and wine (and liquor). That has been since the card was started. And I should know since I am one of the original members.

I am also an original member. Alcohol is supposed to be included! Wasn't the original name Disney's food & wine card? Anyway, i also hate when the servers argue with you that drinks aren't included! Next trip I'm bringing along proof!
Oh, don't forget you get free parking after 5:00 and 1/2 price admission to Pleasure Island for you & a guest.
www.disney.diningexperience@disney.com

Hi Angela,

Welcome to beautiful Florida!
wavey.gif

I'm sorry, but the only way to get the card is through the mail. It takes a month or so for it to arrive.

When I ordered mine this time, I think it arrived the day we left for a long weekend at DW, it was there when we got home. And that was the weekend we discovered Flying Fish and enjoyed a couple great meals and nice bottles of wine there.
nod.gif

Of course, we had to return to DW shortly after that so we could start taking advantage of the dining card.
liplick.gif

It's been a good deal for us.
Have a great time at Disney World with your sisters!

They do tell you that it can take up to a month for the card to arrive, but I have yet to wait more than 2 weeks.

YMMV

:p

montessori, Hi! Thanks for the info and the welcome!! :)

hat did you all think of the Haunted Mansion dinner they are offering DDE members? I can't go to this one but it sounds like fun. i hope they offer more dinners like that in the future!

It is supposed to arrive in 2-3 weeks under normal circumstances. I still have yet to receive my card. I ordered it in mid July so we could have it for our trip we took last week. HOWEVER, CHRIS in DDE was EXTREMELY WONDERFUL & HELPFUL. She emailed me a letter with our ID# so I was able to use that for our trip. (I just received a card for my husband but still haven't received mine. She actually put in another order to reissue the cards).

The only place that was really picky about it was Cape May Cafe so it took a while to pay our bill. The manager insisted on calling it in and there was some problem with the ID # which was kind of funny because this was our last meal and I had used it for all of our prior meals. (never did actually see the mgr and my server thought he was being a little extreme, but whatever he had to do was fine with me).

The reason why certain places do not take the card is because they're under different management or ownership. A lot of places on the BW and at EPCOT fall into that category. It can be really irritating especially when they have taken it previously. DD restaurants are also the same, a few select ones do take it though. Portebello's doesn't but the do honor a 10% discount for AP holders (which many of us FL residents have). So, make sure to read that little AP sleeve if you have an AP:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter