Disney Diet (if I behave!)

TnkFn11

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if low fat/cal options are shown on the restaurant menus? I'd like to avoid too much unhealthy foods (although the Mickey ice cream bars look yummy!) while I'm on vacation. I know to try to avoid fried foods, but we also have a diabetic in our group who has to watch her carbs. Thank you in advance for your time. Have a great weekend! :tinker:

All the restaurants will have healthy choices.. Sanaa is at AKL comes to mind as well as Tangerine Cafe in Morocco, Salads, sushi, plenty of grilled meats all around WDW! I think it doable if not very tempting.. LOL

I wish Disney (and everywhere else) would put calories / fat / sodium on all menu items. Hopefully one day.

@bluejasmine--Thank you! I think everything I don't need is going to be tempting! I've read the menus for our restaurants we're eating at! OMG!!! It all sounds fabulous!!

@DisneySarah80--I wish all places would have it on the menus too! At least a lot of restaurants (I don't know about Disney though) have a low-cal section on the menu.

I will just drink lots of water to go along with all the walking I've heard I'm going to do! This will be my first Disney Vacation!!! :yay:

Just got back last night and can say don't worry too much about it. I was doing WW before going and was careful on the trip. I did some salads, and we ate at a different Epcot country restaurant since we had the dining plan and I enjoyed desert each night. I wore a pedometer each day just to see how far we walked on the trip. We walked a total of 63 miles for the week (that doesn't include jogging two mornings and going to the resort gym to do the eliptical one day). You will certainly get enought exercise to help out.

@francie57-Thank you! I wear a pedometer everyday now, so it will be great to find out how many more steps per day I take while I'm there! I was thinking of jogging in the mornings before we headed to the parks. I'm glad to know other people do jog/walk too! I can't wait to see everything!!

We are doing the QSDP so I have been looking at all the menus. I will be eating a lot of cesear (sp) salads.

@DisneyLoverUSA-I've been reading the menus for the table service restaurants and I've found some foods that sound like they'd be a healthy choice. i read somewhere that some of the quick service places have the Boca burgers, which I've tried before at home. They're good, little weird of the aftertaste, but a lot of good for you food does that! I'll just get water and walk off the calories for the bad stuff I eat! Lol!

And remember you can often ask them to hold the sauce or put it on the side and you can substitute the sides that come with an entree as well. You might be able to get veggies instead of a starch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter