• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Decor

Pancakes

Mouseketeer
For my dorm room next semester, I really want to give it a subtle disney theme, but I'm totally stuck on where to begin. I really want to give it like a hint of animal kingdom. Any tips? Or anyone else do this and want to share pics? :P

Maybe a batik wall hanging could help give your room a feel of the AK?
I have the free Disney maps you order online on my wall and think they look pretty cool. I got them in the classic coloring so they are also pretty subtle. My mom thought they were maps of actual countries when she saw them in the background of me skyping.

If you have a bulletin board, Disney pins give it a little kick of pizazz.

I don't know if we've got the same decorating taste, but here's what I'm doing to give my room a subtle disney theme if I'm accepted for Spring 2012-

I'm painting (though I guess you could get prints of the pictures if you're not into art) some scenes from Disney movies without any of the characters in them. For example, I'm working on a painting of the castle/kingdom with all the lanterns from tangled. Though, for an animal kingdom theme, I would think of pride rock.

green.jpg

This is one of the one's I'll be painting eventually- if you know Disney, you know that scene is from the Lion King, but it's not screaming DISNEY because there are no characters in it.

As for other ideas, Disney has a knack of placing hidden mickeys everywhere, it'd be a cool idea to carry back to your dorm. :)

I'm not sure what to do for the feel of AK- maybe some safari themed things that remind you of Disney?

I have some plaques from Hallmark that have Disney quotes on them- my friends are always surprised that they're Disney because they're pretty basic- just a pretty black and white plaque with a quote, and sometimes a small character sketch. Usually you don't know it's disney until you read the movie name. I also have a few obvious Disney items in my room, but my roommate loves Disney, too, so she doesn't mind :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter