Disney DAS - thoughts?

DisBabesMan

Earning My Ears
Afternoon all,
We are flying out Saturday (fingers crossed!!). Has anyone from the UK had any experience of the revamped Disney DAS pass recently? Wife and I considering it for her health as she suffers greatly when standing in queues for a long time, and mobility generally recently, a side effect of long covid TBH! any suggestions / input gratefully received.
Regards

Afternoon all,
We are flying out Saturday (fingers crossed!!). Has anyone from the UK had any experience of the revamped Disney DAS pass recently? Wife and I considering it for her health as she suffers greatly when standing in queues for a long time, and mobility generally recently, a side effect of long covid TBH! any suggestions / input gratefully received.
Regards
Let me know how you get on.

Last time we went, my wife suffered massively with the 'disney rash' - a massive rash that went right up her legs. She has a skin condition called urticaria that was triggered by standing in hot conditions in queues a lot. We had to visit a hospital in Celebration twice on the trip because of it. So we were hoping that we might be able to use DAS to avoid standing for long periods to avoid this happening again. She also has a bad back which doesn't help either. I have heard that the Disney suggestion is that if people have problems standing, they should use mobility scooters, rather than use the DAS, but that seems excessive for her conditions.

For mobility conditions, Disney will encourage you to use a mobility device. If that solves all the issues, and it sounds like it will, they will likely not approve a DAS.

I have heard that the Disney suggestion is that if people have problems standing, they should use mobility scooters, rather than use the DAS, but that seems excessive for her conditions.

100% they will suggest this but I agree its often not useful for what they suggest it for. I'm blind and it was actually suggested a scooter might work better for me than DAS the first time I went to Disney. No obvious problems with that suggestion at all is there :D

Thanks All - Disney rash is something we are familiar with on the legs, for sure. Mobility scooter / wheelchair maybe an option, for sure, but we'll see how it goes with DAS first as the standing around is the worse part, due to arthritis and back issues. We'll give it a go on our fist day in the park and report back here!

Afternoon all,
Regards

ask for a DAS....
It's helpful if you have any issues at all about standing in line..
Last time i went, it was just my daughter and me.
I had recently completed treatment for cancer, but i thought i would be ok so i didn't ask for a DAS.
What i didn't take into account was how the August weather would affect me.
So already at the end of the first day i went to guest services to ask for a DAS.
I was a complete mess by that point.
I thought i could tough it out, but i couldn't.
The CM was somewhat less than sympathetic.
For some reason they put the least empathetic people in guest services.
Anyway, she gave us the DAS (after making me feel pretty awful about asking for it) and it was really helpful.
We would get a return time and then go somewhere with A/C to get a cold drink and rest.
It was so much easier for me that way.
and now that you can do it inside the app instead of having to go to the attraction, it's even less of a stress.

Last edited:

Sounds like most companies these days - don't read the actual request, just hit reply with a standard response text.

Still, if they get Tesla to build their mobility scooters and fit Autopilot it could work.

Yeah I think autopilot would work great :D

In all honesty I think people don't think through the logic very often either. I agree though with other posters that they should really vet the people on guest services for empathy as some of them really don't get it.

Let me know how you get on.

Last time we went, my wife suffered massively with the 'disney rash' - a massive rash that went right up her legs. She has a skin condition called urticaria that was triggered by standing in hot conditions in queues a lot. We had to visit a hospital in Celebration twice on the trip because of it. So we were hoping that we might be able to use DAS to avoid standing for long periods to avoid this happening again. She also has a bad back which doesn't help either. I have heard that the Disney suggestion is that if people have problems standing, they should use mobility scooters, rather than use the DAS, but that seems excessive for her conditions.
So were you approved for the DAS for the "Disney Rash"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter