Disney Cruise Solo?

DeeP

DIS Veteran
I go to WDW solo or just me and my teens all the time and I love it, but now I am thinking of taking the Disney Cruise with my teen daughter. She is going to have a friend with her so I am sure the two girls will be off on their own a lot of the time, except for meals. Has anyone done the Disney Cruise solo and if so, did you like it?

DeeP: I took the Wonder 3 night cruise with DD, 6 (at the time), and I had the chance to experience some solo moments. To my surprise, DD, 6, portuguese speaking only, had a ball at the Oceaneer's club. She wanted to stay there for a long time and she did. I had time to sunbathe at the adults pool, take a spa treatment, dance at the clubs (early evening, I must say), exercise at the gym and even take a nap in the stateroom. It was just great, because at the same time we had great together time too.
I liked the experience so much that I am going again on a cruise in dec. ]This time I will be really solo. I am very excited! I need very much to relax and I know this will be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for your reply BelleMom,
Were you able to meet other singles on the cruise, or is it mostly couples? I am trying to talk a friend into going with us but the cost of the cruise is just a little too high for her right now. My DD and her friend will be 18 yo so I know they are not going to want to spend a lot of time with me, but then maybe they will since they will both be really too old for the teen club and old enough to get into the adult only areas. Did you see any 18-19 yo in the comedy club, palios etc?

DeeP: I met a few singles. Most people were doing some kind of family travelling, though. At the clubs, I don't remember meeting specifically 18/19 year old. Even though I was alone, I found myself pretty at ease there. I met people everywhere, at the treadmill in the gym, waiting to go to CC, at dinner table. I think that you probably set some time for yourself and set with your daughter and her friend a time for you three to be together.
When do you plan to travel? I am taking the 4 day Dwonder cruise in early dec. I can write a report when I come back. Also, if you visit the Cruise Board, you will find out who is sailing on the same cruise and maybe you can have a dis-meet on board. this is not unheard of!

I've not gone solo myself, but on our last 7 day, I met a mom and her 18 year old daughter. They seemed to have a ball and we bumped into them all week in the adults only areas. Your daughter will be old enough to enjoy the spa, adult pool and adult beach on Cast Away Cay, as well as the adults only restaurant, Palos. You'll probably spend more time together than you imagine. Also, do check the cruise area of this board. We did the DIS meet and got to know quite a few people on board. Then, even if you don't spend specific time with each other, you will "run into friends" all over the ship and even in port. It gives you more of a "family" feeling while on board. Finally, while I was there with my husband and our daughter, I can certainly imagine spending time alone reading by the pool, working out, watching movies and enjoying spa treatments. DCL really does offer something for everyone. I hope that you go and Enjoy!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter