Disney Cruise Questions From Someone Who's Considering Booking a DCL Vacation

Not to keep going on and on about it but Hyatt is blue lighted sign on the right just above the flight status monitors. Airport security is just beyond the escalator. (Usually line would be visible but this was 9 pm so very quiet.) Escalator takes you to check in at Hyatt lobby. That's why we love it. :lovestruc :cloud9: The hallway beyond left side of photo is a food court also.

DSCN0867.jpg

sorry didn't mean to take over this thread. :guilty: As our cruise gets closer I'm getting more and more excited. We have lots of 1st timers in our group and can't wait to see their faces. :yay::banana::cool1:

Sometimes I just can't shut up about it....:lmao:

Thanks ruadisneyfan2!

I'm also wondering where people opt to stay the night before the cruise? I know there are a lot of votes for the Hyatt, but what about the Marriott which I read is about one mile from the airport and offers a free shuttle to and from.

The only thing left I am trying to figure out is how best to finagle both a hotel stay and the DCL transfers.

We are thinking of flying in on 2/2, with our cruise sailing out on 2/3. I called Disney and was told that, since I'm flying in the day before and not the day of, they obviously couldn't take our bags (utilizing the transfer service) because we would need our clothes and stuff inside them for the night, and they have no place to store them overnight.

So it seems our best bet is to stay in a hotel, wake up the next morning, and bring our bags to the motor coach and have them load it into the cargo section of the bus. Has anyone done this without any problem? And did you stay at the Hyatt or elsewhere?

The Hyatt sounds great for convenience, but the Marriott also seems nice due to the free shuttle service and the ability to have a complimentary breakfast.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

This old lady thinks you're overcomplicating things. My advice is to save yourself the hassle of dealing with the luggage.

Do not put the DCL tags on your luggage when you leave home. Collect your luggage at MCO.

Stay at the Hyatt in the airport. TAG your bags with the DCL tags there. The hotel will tell you what to do with them. They will be picked up from your room and transferred to your room on the ship. Easy. They do it all the time. Take with you only your carry on containing your meds/electronics/bathing suit (if you want to swim immediately).

Thanks ruadisneyfan2!

I'm also wondering where people opt to stay the night before the cruise? I know there are a lot of votes for the Hyatt, but what about the Marriott which I read is about one mile from the airport and offers a free shuttle to and from.

The only thing left I am trying to figure out is how best to finagle both a hotel stay and the DCL transfers.

We are thinking of flying in on 2/2, with our cruise sailing out on 2/3. I called Disney and was told that, since I'm flying in the day before and not the day of, they obviously couldn't take our bags (utilizing the transfer service) because we would need our clothes and stuff inside them for the night, and they have no place to store them overnight.

So it seems our best bet is to stay in a hotel, wake up the next morning, and bring our bags to the motor coach and have them load it into the cargo section of the bus. Has anyone done this without any problem? And did you stay at the Hyatt or elsewhere?

The Hyatt sounds great for convenience, but the Marriott also seems nice due to the free shuttle service and the ability to have a complimentary breakfast.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Here is another vote for the Hyatt. I will never again fly in the day of the cruise. So we have stayed at the Hyatt several times. You will pick up your bags (although I believe someone said you can ask and tip a bell hop to get them) and check into the hotel. Then you put your DCL tags on your bags and they will be pick up the next morning and arrive later on the ship. They will be picked up from your room the following morning after 8 AM. You can do this as long as you have DCL transfers. Even if you book your room indepoendently from DCL. It is a MUST to tell them at the front desk that you are taking a DCL cruise. Ask them what the curremnt process is so that you don't miss a step. A great way to begin your vacation. The best tip I ever got was to not over think things and to relax. Sometimes the cost is not the biggest selling factor. Hyatt maybe more costly but is very easy to access and also very nice, quite, and comfortable. Enjoy

It seems to me when it comes to travel, the method that is cheapest is usually the least convenient. The method that is most convenient, usually costs more. What's best for you depends on how much hassle you can tolerate while on vacation. The more I travel, the less hassle I can tolerate, and more I'm willing to pay for convenience. :thumbsup2 ymmv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter