Disney cruise line motorcoach transfer info (MCO, MCO Hyatt & WDW Resorts)

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Just got an email from Disney that gave information on when they are running their motorcoach transfers from the resorts, airport and airport Hyatt Hotel.

Motorcoach Transportation:

For Guests who purchased transfers with their cruise vacation, motorcoach transportation from the Orlando International Airport to the terminal at Port Canaveral, Florida, will begin at approximately 9:20 a.m. and run continuously until 2:00 p.m. on the day of embarkation.

For Guests at the Orlando International Airport Hyatt Regency who purchased transfers to the terminal at Port Canaveral, Florida, motorcoach transportation will begin at approximately 9:20 a.m. on the day of embarkation. The Hyatt Regency Bell Services team will begin collecting luggage starting at 8:00 a.m.

For Walt Disney World Resort Guests who purchased transfers, motorcoach transportation will begin at approximately 8:30 a.m. on the day of embarkation. Bell Services will begin collecting luggage starting at 7:00 a.m. Guests will receive a letter from the resort the night prior to embarkation detailing their specific resort’s motorcoach departure time along with meeting locations on the morning the cruise begins.

Thank you!!! That's great info!!! And....it looks like they are now leaving the WDW resorts (YMMV depending on resort) much earlier than previously. First buses leaving approx. 8:30 is a huge difference from the 10:30-1:30 time frame before.

MJ

Wow really early for resort pick up starts. Looks like get up and get ready to get moving!
We've always been picked up around noon.

Not sure what time the last bus officially left when we cruised, but 2 pm seems early for the last bus. I just remember them delaying departure and 4 Disney buses arriving after 5 pm, the last one going so fast it literally screeched it's tires turning into the port. Only 4 or 5 people got each bus, and port staff ran them and their luggage on board. Rumor on board was they held the ship because all those passengers had booked their air through Disney, and had Disney Travel Insurance, and speculation that Disney booked them on flights that had history of late arrivals.

Not sure what time the last bus officially left when we cruised, but 2 pm seems early for the last bus. I just remember them delaying departure and 4 Disney buses arriving after 5 pm, the last one going so fast it literally screeched it's tires turning into the port. Only 4 or 5 people got each bus, and port staff ran them and their luggage on board. Rumor on board was they held the ship because all those passengers had booked their air through Disney, and had Disney Travel Insurance, and speculation that Disney booked them on flights that had history of late arrivals.

A 2:00pm time for the last bus really isn’t that early if you consider that it is an hour drive to the port and then with testing currently it has been at least an hour before people have been getting their test results back so that puts you at 4:00pm. Looking at the cruise I currently have booked departure time is set for 3:45pm. From what I have been reading they actually have been departing the dock by around 5:00pm.

We are boarding the Fantasy today and stayed at CSR. Here is the time line of how the morning has gone. Everything has been very organized and quick!!
6:40 luggage pickup from room
8:15 lobby check in with DCL rep
8:55 on the bus ( last resort to pick up)
10:05 port arrival
10:24 swabs done, in waiting tent.
10:55 cleared to sail email received.
11:10 waiting to board. They said rooms will be ready at noon

We are boarding the Fantasy today and stayed at CSR. Here is the time line of how the morning has gone. Everything has been very organized and quick!!
6:40 luggage pickup from room
8:15 lobby check in with DCL rep
8:55 on the bus ( last resort to pick up)
10:05 port arrival
10:24 swabs done, in waiting tent.
10:55 cleared to sail email received.
11:10 waiting to board. They said rooms will be ready at noon
are the swabs the Brain Ticklers or just the nose?

I can attest the swabbing was painless. Got cleared in 30 min. When I was on the dream last week it took an hour to get the results. Seems like they are speeding up the testing

Glad i found this thread.

We are booking a cruise that sails on a Friday In December. We are planning to flight to Orlando the night before, and spend a night either on property or close to MCO.

I understand that the time you get to board the ship depends on your type of stateroom (Concierge vs non concierge), assigned boarding group, and whether you pass all required testing, and you’re all clear to board.

Realistically, what is the earliest time one can expect to board if we are not booked on conciege level but we do get a lower number boarding group? I’m trying to figure out how early to book the shuttle service for, and whether it’s better to pick to stay on property vs near the airport the night before

Last edited:

We are booking a cruise that sails on a Friday In December. We are planning to flight to Orlando the night before, and spend a night either on property or close to MCO.

I understand that the time you get to board the ship depends on your time of stateroom (Concierge vs non concierge), assigned boarding group, and whether pass ll required testing, and you’re all clear to board.

Realistically, what is the earliest time one can expect to board if we are not booked on conciege level but we do get a lower number boarding group? I’m trying to figure out how early to book the shuttle service for, and whether it’s better to pick to stay on property vs near the airport the night before
We are staying on property using disney bus transfers to port, checked in today 24 days pre cruise (well after the 30 day mark when others could book) and our boarding group on our port arrival form is 2! Not sure when we will actually arrive at port but as noted above resort bus pickups are starting at 8:30 am so that is pretty promising!

I hope the times at the Hyatt don't correspond with flight times...our flight the night before doesn't arrive until 11:30 PM!

I hope the times at the Hyatt don't correspond with flight times...our flight the night before doesn't arrive until 11:30 PM!
The buses from the airport are first come first served so if you get downstairs and checked in by 8 if the first buses are leaving at 9:20 then you should be on the first bus.

I understand that the time you get to board the ship depends on your time of stateroom (Concierge vs non concierge), assigned boarding group, and whether pass ll required testing, and you’re all clear to board.

You don’t reserve a shuttle time. If staying at WDW, you are told what time the us will pick you up. The shuttle from MCO is first come, first served.

From the MCO Hyatt we were told by DCL earlier this month that yes we can have Bell Services pick up from our room. However unlike the old days when we wouldn’t see the luggage again until our stateroom we were told we’d have to meet Bell Services down by the bus and claim our luggage to be put on our transfer bus with us. So we’re probably just going to bring the bags down with us ourselves at the Hyatt.

Thank you!!! That's great info!!! And....it looks like they are now leaving the WDW resorts (YMMV depending on resort) much earlier than previously. First buses leaving approx. 8:30 is a huge difference from the 10:30-1:30 time frame before.

MJ

Agreed. While I could appreciate a non-crowded terminal, we were spending less time on the ship by using the WDW Resorts shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter