Disney complaint line

Disney Complaints and Comments:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

WDW.Guest.Communications@disney.com

I'm not asking what the issue was that needs to be addressed but I would also note some of the things that you noticed that they are doing right and be fatutual and polite in what went wrong.

Great advice! Also, keep in mind the old saying..."complaining to Disney is like shouting at a brick"! :rolleyes:

My family was put next to a LOUD party at Polynesian. My Mom wrote and complained to Disney; they gave her 6 nights (3 days x 2 rooms) compensation.

My family was put next to a LOUD party at Polynesian. My Mom wrote and complained to Disney; they gave her 6 nights (3 days x 2 rooms) compensation.

That kind of response is almost unheard of. Good for you :thumbsup2 but I don't think others should expect it any time soon.

I know the OP did not say anything about compensation, but the best time to bring up a complaint about Disney is while you are there so they can try to make it right.

Of course, we read many reports here of problems being unresolved even after reporting them immediately, so sending a complaint afterwards is also appropriate.

Great advice! Also, keep in mind the old saying..."complaining to Disney is like shouting at a brick"! :rolleyes:

I don't exactly agree with that. I think Disney gets a lot of stupid complaints. I always try to find the positive in a trip and write to tell Disney that. I always get a phone call thanking me. :yay: One year I mentioned how our Princess and Pirate party was rained out. I was sent 5 (1 day) passes. Disney listens... maybe not to morons, but they listen.

I did bring it up while I was there, I was told they couldn't do anything about it. Disney prides itself on customer service, the last time I went (3 years ago) I was amazed, this time I was disappointed. It wasn't just one little thing but several. I may get nowhere, but atleast I will go down fighting.

Maybe things have changed through the years. My wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW in 2002. We stayed at Carribean Beach. We arrived the first night and the town car driver (who Disney sent over as part of our package) didn't know how to get to the resort and we drove around the grounds for over an hour until we got there.

The next morning we got up early for Chef Mickeys and were assured there would be a bus there to go to MK and then get to Contemporary by monorail. We waited over an hour at the bus stop with other disgruntled people.

We went to guest services and told them our honeymoon wasn't off to the best start. They upgraded us for the rest of the trip to the Polynesian AND gave us a free lunch at LeCellier!!!!

Times have changed

I did bring it up while I was there, I was told they couldn't do anything about it. Disney prides itself on customer service, the last time I went (3 years ago) I was amazed, this time I was disappointed. It wasn't just one little thing but several. I may get nowhere, but atleast I will go down fighting.

sounds like you expect compensation.
Have no idea what happened..quite frankly don't need to or want to know.
But if you approach them with an attitude of expecting something in return you'll probably be disappointed.
I suggest simply telling your story in a I thought you should know kind of way.. and not mention any kind of compensation or give any threats like you'll never return unless something is done...ect.

It wasn't just one little thing but several. I may get nowhere, but atleast I will go down fighting.

But if you approach them with an attitude of expecting something in return you'll probably be disappointed.
I suggest simply telling your story in a I thought you should know kind of way.. and not mention any kind of compensation or give any threats like you'll never return unless something is done...ect.

I don't think the phrase "I will go down fighting" sounds like a desire for compensation. I thought rather that it sounded like a desire to have someone listen so that the situation is corrected for future guests (or future visits by this OP).

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

I meant that I will go down fighting, meaning atleast I tried and didn't just accept the issue as "oh well".

I totally agree you get more flies with honey than vinegar theory. I will be sweet but will get my point across. :) I have people tell me that I have a knack for doing that. LOL

I don't get that compensation is expected. Seems like she wants to be acknowledged besides someone saying oh well, we can't do anything about that.

I don't expect anything monetary. I do expect them as a business concerned about their customers to make an attempt to make amends. I don't care what they do to extend the olive branch, but I would atleast like an explanation.

I think if you really have a problem or a situation happened then you should mention this BEFORE you even leave Disney. Follow up with a letter or email at least you are getting your message out. After all, I know these trips are not cheap & some people spend not only alot of $$ but they save for a long time to go to a magical place only to have not so magical things happen. You can complain but I wouldn't expect any compensation. Good point Dizneydiva about listening to morons-some people just complain about everything. I noticed some people that were like that in the lounge at the Poly CL...like they are entitled to certain things....

I don't expect anything monetary. I do expect them as a business concerned about their customers to make an attempt to make amends. I don't care what they do to extend the olive branch, but I would atleast like an explanation.

I do not know what happened but sometimes the best way to be heard is to let your lawer to speak for you.

Anyway good luck with your letter.

I had a fantastic experience with Disney customer service today. I don't want to talk about what my issue was because the person I spoke with told me they are receiving many complaints about it already. I just wanted to put it out there that after my conversation I honestly believe Disney is listening. I was shocked by the honesty of the manager I spoke to. She basically agreed that Disney was making a mistake and to make it up she gave me a room upgrade that is valued at over $3500. My tip to anyone with a problem is to be factual, honest, and persistant. ( It doesn't hurt to say that you have decided not to come back in the future either ;) )

Disney has always made things right for us. In 2007 our vacation was plagued with breakdown after breakdown. Mainly to the point that even my kids were noticing. This was addressed after we had returned home and were sent 4 - 4 day park hoppers. We told the CM we spoke with that we didn't need tickets. We just wanted it noted that we noticed. She told us from the logs during out stay WDW noticed too and they were happy to do it.

We also had an incident during this same trip where the TTA malfunctioned and the train we were in slammed into another in front of us. The CM's that were on duty ended up taking over 2 hours to get all the guests off the trains as they sat still. We ended up missing Wishes. We weren't looking for compensation but we did let guest services know we thought two CM on duty seemed unprepared to deal with what had happen. We were offered MNSSHP tickets but had already purchases two nights worth lol. They ended up allowing us to set in a VIP section for the MNSSHP parade.

I do not know what happened but sometimes the best way to be heard is to let your lawer to speak for you.

Anyway good luck with your letter.

Welcome to the "Land of the free and Frivolous Lawsuits".....

Seriously though, would you really get a lawyer involved with something like this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter