Disney College Program

mikewazowski628

Earning My Ears
Tonight is my DCP phone interview!! Yay!!

But I have some concerns.. a few months ago I got a DUI plus a few other tickets... Do I mention it during the interview? Does anyone know anyone who was in the program who got a DUI? I know it lowers my chances of getting in but hopefully there's still hope.. any advice?!:confused3

It's really, really best if you mention anything on your record and get it out of the way before you're accepted. It's not a question of "if" Disney finds out about the incident. It's a question of when. They WILL look into your background (they take everyone's fingerprints), and you don't want to get kicked out after you go to all the trouble of traveling down there and paying the housing fees.

In fact, this is mentioned in the application itself. It says that having misdemeanors in your background doesn't necessarily disqualify you from doing the program. It all depends on the circumstances. But you do need to be honest and disclose it first.

Absolutely tell them about it upfront. It shows good things about your character to just admit it. Also, I did the program last year and on Day 1 when we went to casting where they take your fingerprints and do your super in depth background check and all, our recruiters warned us over and over "If you've got something on your record, you better say it now."

Some people apparently still didn't mention some stuff and were termed immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter