Disney College Program - Married Students

ladybugg12

Earning My Ears

Does Disney CP allow married students to participate? My fiance' and I are considering doing the program but weren't sure if we could if we are married.

I would definitely call and check on this. I know they had apartments for older students doing the college program but I am unsure if they had apartments for married students. I wish I could help you more.

They do have apartment for married participants. I belive you have to show documentation. Probably if you're down there together unmarried you wouldn't be able to live together.

We are getting married right before we would start the program, if we actually got it. So we would be married when we got to Orlando.

Also, from what I hear CP students work pretty much full time. So, since it is a full time job do they offer health insurance?

I am pretty sure they don't have health insurance for the cps as cps are technically a seasonal role, not full time.

Also, my husband and I both applied(currently pending) and our interviewer told us that if/when we receive our invitations to the program, we would email housing and let them know we are married and want to live together and they would give us our options, whether that be in cp housing or not. But I know that married students can live in the single bedroom apartments in housing.

We both got accepted into the program!

They told us since we are married we need to live off property since we are "co-ed". So, does anyone that lives in the area have suggestions of SAFE areas near the parks that we could live in? We are looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

They told us since we are married we need to live off property since we are "co-ed". So, does anyone that lives in the area have suggestions of SAFE areas near the parks that we could live in? We are looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

Congratulations! :)

There are some really nice apartments near Chatham Square and Patterson Court (two of the CP complexes), but they're on the pricier side. I don't know how much you guys want to spend a month. They're called Discovery Palms and Cumberland Park if you'd like to check into them.

One of my really good friends from my program moved out to Clermont when she got PT. She lives in a nice, moderately-priced apartment complex called Ashton Chase. There's another complex down the road about half a mile that a lot of Cast Members live in called Cagan Crossing. The area is nice and quiet, but it's a good 20-minute drive from Disney. Not too far away, but it's not in the general vicinity either.

There are also some nice apartments up towards the Winter Park area (or maybe it's Winter Garden... one of those two! I always get them mixed up). They're north of Magic Kingdom by maybe like 10ish minutes. The complex is called Windermere. Again, however, it's on the pricier side.

Hope that helps!

I'm kind of surprised, though.... They're not willing to give you guys a one-bedroom at one of the complexes?

Congratulations!!! My husband and I are still waiting to hear!

I'm confused though, is the reason they said you needed to live off property because you two aren't married yet? My husband and I only have one car so we dont want to live off property, and other people who have called have been told the one bedrooms are mainly reserved for married students.

I just wanted to share a part of the email I got from Katie at the housing department, I hope it helps you out! But you should definitely receive a one bedroom apartment on property, as long as you guys are married and can prove it when you check in!

Hello Brandi,
Thank you for your e-mail. One bedroom apartments are very few in number and only found at two of our housing properties: Chatham Square and Patterson Court. While married couples (who show proof of their marriage) will be guaranteed a one bedroom unit we cannot make the same promise to other participants pre-arrival.

I just wanted to share a part of the email I got from Katie at the housing department, I hope it helps you out! But you should definitely receive a one bedroom apartment on property, as long as you guys are married and can prove it when you check in!

Hello Brandi,
Thank you for your e-mail. One bedroom apartments are very few in number and only found at two of our housing properties: Chatham Square and Patterson Court. While married couples (who show proof of their marriage) will be guaranteed a one bedroom unit we cannot make the same promise to other participants pre-arrival.

Thanks Brandi! That gives me hope!

Caitlin1990:
Thank you that did help! And, my fiance called and he said they told him we need to live off property. I emailed them again today asking for more specifics.

taigirl87:
Thank you! Good luck!

tikistitch:
Are you married? We will be married for a month by the time we arrive for the program, so we could definitely show proof of marriage. I have heard that before, so I was curious as to why they told my fiance otherwise. I would feel much safer and at ease if we were allowed to live in one of the properties you mentioned.

I will not be married! I had a situation where i was going to be rooming with a minor, but was only wanting to if I could get a one bedroom. I trusted the person I would be rooming with, but didn't want to be responsible for multiple bedrooms of other under 21s. So i've been in contact with housing to find out if it was even possible for us to snag a one bedroom, and it seems they're mostly reserved for married students.

I think you'd definitely be able to live on property and would be able to use the Disney bus transportation that way. You guys probably have a car, but with gas prices getting up to what they are, the buses might be a relief on your bank accounts!

I will not be married! I had a situation where i was going to be rooming with a minor, but was only wanting to if I could get a one bedroom. I trusted the person I would be rooming with, but didn't want to be responsible for multiple bedrooms of other under 21s. So i've been in contact with housing to find out if it was even possible for us to snag a one bedroom, and it seems they're mostly reserved for married students.

I think you'd definitely be able to live on property and would be able to use the Disney bus transportation that way. You guys probably have a car, but with gas prices getting up to what they are, the buses might be a relief on your bank accounts!

That would be ideal, thank you!

There are some really nice apartments near Chatham Square and Patterson Court (two of the CP complexes), but they're on the pricier side. I don't know how much you guys want to spend a month. They're called Discovery Palms and Cumberland Park if you'd like to check into them.

Cumberland Park is also where all of the Professional Interns live if they get housing through the college program. They're all required to have their own cars, so there's no bus transport from there, but I bet you would be able to participate in DCP events like movie nights. It's also within walking distance of Vista/Patterson/Chatham if you were to walk there and get the CP bus.

But I hope it works out for you to stay in normal CP housing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter